Did you have AC issues on Zuiderdam?

Kateandi

This thread was from last year. We spent 2 weeks on Zuiderdam in May and no complaints from anyone about A/C or plumbing. Zuiderdam has a great staff, outstanding Captain and HD. The ship was in great shape- absolutely spotless. You resurrected this thread from November 2013- you evidently haven't been reading current threads. All mainstream lines are discounting close to sailing. I see complaints about A/C problems off and on on most of the boards. Ships are floating self contained cities and like any city "ship happens". Perhaps your TA is reading 2013 reviews also or perhaps making a higher commission on another line.......

Yes- sometimes I get frustrated by HAL and blow off steam. But throwing out mis-information about my HAL and especially my favorite ship will get me riled up every time.

You are so right. This thread is most definitely from last year and out of date. We sailed on the Fort Lauderdale to Vancouver repo cruise in 2012 when all the toilet and AC problems occurred and there were certainly a lot of unhappy people, us included.

However, we spent 29 days on the Zuiderdam doing the same cruise plus Alaska just a few months ago and the problems seem to have been solved. It was a wonderful cruise and I would not hesitate to sail her again.

The only issue I heard about this year was about some heavy duty balcony repairs being done in one area of the ship on the repo portion and people were unable to use their balconies for a few days due to noise and dust. Dirt was being tracked through cabins by the workers. This was different than the regular maintenance we see on most cruises and should have been done in dry dock.

That being said, the Zuiderdam was in great shape.

You are so right. This thread is most definitely from last year and out of date. We sailed on the Fort Lauderdale to Vancouver repo cruise in 2012 when all the toilet and AC problems occurred and there were certainly a lot of unhappy people, us included.

However, we spent 29 days on the Zuiderdam doing the same cruise plus Alaska just a few months ago and the problems seem to have been solved. It was a wonderful cruise and I would not hesitate to sail her again.

The only issue I heard about this year was about some heavy duty balcony repairs being done in one area of the ship on the repo portion and people were unable to use their balconies for a few days due to noise and dust. Dirt was being tracked through cabins by the workers. This was different than the regular maintenance we see on most cruises and should have been done in dry dock.

That being said, the Zuiderdam was in great shape.

Boy howdy- there was no question that Zuiderdam was one clean ship when we were on. :)

I didn't hear about the balcony repairs- they must have been far from us back in the aft

Boy howdy- there was no question that Zuiderdam was one clean ship when we were on. :)

I didn't hear about the balcony repairs- they must have been far from us back in the aft

They were starboard side mid ship on deck seven affecting Neptune suite passengers. Even after our friend's repairs were done the noise from neighbouring balconies was so deafening they were forced inside. Think of heavy duty metal grinders. We heard that a crew had been brought onboard to do the job. There was no evidence of anything happening on the Alaska portion. Maybe the environmental laws would not allow it so it had to be done on the Panama portion. Just guessing here.

Edited by sapper1

They were starboard side mid ship on deck seven affecting Neptune suite passengers. Even after our friend's repairs were done the noise from neighbouring balconies was so deafening they were forced inside. Think of heavy duty metal grinders. We heard that a crew had been brought onboard to do the job. There was no evidence of anything happening on the Alaska portion. Maybe the environmental laws would not allow it so it had to be done on the Panama portion. Just guessing here.

We were snug in our aft wrap on 5 and didn't hear a thing. All in all for us was another perfect cruise. The code red situation was handled superbly- the crew was great. Exhausted I'm sure but great. Again I'll say that HD was top notch- definitely showed in the crew.

We were snug in our aft wrap on 5 and didn't hear a thing. All in all for us was another perfect cruise. The code red situation was handled superbly- the crew was great. Exhausted I'm sure but great. Again I'll say that HD was top notch- definitely showed in the crew.

Who was the HD?

Can you remember who the Captain was?

thanks!

Who was the HD?

Can you remember who the Captain was?

thanks!

HD was Frank Ulbright; Captain Chris Turner- both very personable and approachable. Also need to mention Culinary Ops Manager Ron van Vliet- had many great talks with him. Hope to be able to sail with all of them again

We did not have A/C issues on Panama Canal day last year but our aft stateroom got very hot in the afternoon as we headed East. The sun shining through the windows heated everything in the room.

When our A/C was checked by a maintenance worker, it was pushing out cold air. We were advised to close our curtains and we did. Within an hour, the furniture had cooled and the room was comfortable.

Edited by Crew News