using rccl's visa card points for someone else

mailmama

Is it possible to use my visa points (the RCCL visa) on my son's cruise? Was thinking that would make use of some of my points by giving them as a gift to him. He would like the OBC if we can do this. Anyone know? I figured it would be quicker to use CC than wait on the phone for Visa's customer service! Thanks, Oh wise ones:)

Is it possible to use my visa points (the RCCL visa) on my son's cruise? Was thinking that would make use of some of my points by giving them as a gift to him. He would like the OBC if we can do this. Anyone know? I figured it would be quicker to use CC than wait on the phone for Visa's customer service! Thanks, Oh wise ones:)

Yes, we've done this a couple of times. When you redeem the points on the website, put your son's booking number in the "Notes" field.

• 1 month later...

Another question about points. If you have used a TA to book the cruise, do they have to apply your points (if you are wanting to use points to lower your final payment amount) or can you still do this yourself?

Another question about points. If you have used a TA to book the cruise, do they have to apply your points (if you are wanting to use points to lower your final payment amount) or can you still do this yourself?

You still initiate the action by using the redemption website. However, the TA does have to approve the transaction since it affects the price, and therefore their commission. I always email my TA a heads up message informing them of the redemption, so they can confirm the correct credit for me.

Edited by clarea

You don't have to call Visa's Customer Service. Here is the number to the RCI Coupon Redemption Center 1-888-305-4626 if you have any questions.

Here is the link from the RCI website to MyCruiseSM Rewards When signing in you will use your same User ID and Password that you use to access your account when on the BofA website.

As Bob mentioned, in the box with special instructions, just add your son's booking number. You should receive an email confirmation of your transaction.