Bring wine from ports?

beachbum6264

We are on the Noordam 21 day on Jan. 6, our first HAL cruise (and very excited!). I understand the wine policy is changing, but not until after our cruise, I am assuming it will still be OK for us to purchase a bottle of wine in port to take onboard and be enjoyed in our cabin. Yes?

Any tips for us HAL newbies? Thanks!

We are on the Noordam 21 day on Jan. 6, our first HAL cruise (and very excited!). I understand the wine policy is changing, but not until after our cruise, I am assuming it will still be OK for us to purchase a bottle of wine in port to take onboard and be enjoyed in our cabin. Yes?

Any tips for us HAL newbies? Thanks!

Yes.

Has anyone bought any tasty :) wine to bring back aboard from Grand Turk, San Juan or Phillipsburg? We wondered if San Juan or Phillipsburg might have some sort of local wines.

We thought we might buy a bottle in each port to toast the sailaways.

The Caribbean is definitely not a wine region. You will find the usual assortment of low price mediocre wines from USA, Chile, Argentina and then grossly over-priced Old World Wines (France, Italy, Spain). Even the French colony of Martinique sells French wines at 3 or 4 times the regular cost.

While HAL still allows it, you would be much better off visiting Total Wine or another Fort Lauderdale wine shop and bring our favourites onboard with you!