Embassy Suites parking Ft. Lauderdale

40yearcruiser

Have you used the cruise parking at the Embassy Suites in Ft. Lauderdale? They are offering a good rate through United Airport Parking. Is the lot secure? How convenient is the shuttle to and from the port? Any other secure and inexpensive parking suggestions? I do not want valet parking where I have to leave my keys with someone else.

Have you used the cruise parking at the Embassy Suites in Ft. Lauderdale? They are offering a good rate through United Airport Parking. Is the lot secure? How convenient is the shuttle to and from the port? Any other secure and inexpensive parking suggestions? I do not want valet parking where I have to leave my keys with someone else.

Sorry if I misunderstand..but if you're asking about leaving your car in the ES lot on 17th St...A very safe secure lot...I would also just opt for a taxi from the hotel-PE..We just stayed there (2nd time) in Oct.

This is the offer on United Airport Parking website:

PTE Embassy Suites providing secure uncovered self parking

safe secure uncovered lot at the Embassy Suites Hotel Compare rates to the $15.00 per day rate at the Port

Closest parking facility to port Everglades

Free round trip shuttle is included for up to 4 persons. For parties over 4 people, drop all people and luggage at the port, then come and park. Shuttle service is provided at no cost. 3 DAY MINIMUM ONLY.

self

$5.25

Because of work obligations the day before and after our cruise we will be driving in the day of and leaving right after we get off the ship, so will not be staying at a hotel. I'm hoping someone on this forum has used this service before and can give me feedback.

Edited by 40yearcruiser

It seems there is little information on this parking offer. We have used the United Airport Parking website to reserve parking in Miami at the Crowne Plaza hotel and it worked out just fine. I find it strange that nobody on this board has any experience with Fort Lauderdale.

Since the hotel charges its guests for a shuttle to the port, I would like to know if the same shuttle is used for those reserving with United which includes the shuttle to and from the port in the parking cost.

If you have used this service, please post! We cruise in less than 3 weeks and need to make a parking decision.

It seems there is little information on this parking offer. We have used the United Airport Parking website to reserve parking in Miami at the Crowne Plaza hotel and it worked out just fine. I find it strange that nobody on this board has any experience with Fort Lauderdale.

Since the hotel charges its guests for a shuttle to the port, I would like to know if the same shuttle is used for those reserving with United which includes the shuttle to and from the port in the parking cost.

If you have used this service, please post! We cruise in less than 3 weeks and need to make a parking decision.

The daily rate at ES is $18.00 for hotel guests..

Sounds like the option you're talking about (UAP) is well worth it..Hardly think that it would be a separate shuttle than the one the hotel offers...you'll probably get a voucher for this offer to provide the ES valet's and shuttle driver...Best of luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to follow up to see if anyone has used UAP at Port Everglades!?!

We are cruising in 8 days on the Liberty of the Seas, and this is our first time sailing out of Fort Lauderdale (we mostly cruise out of PoM).

Any responses will be greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...

I haven't used UAP in FLL. However, it looks like the offer the OP was looking at is the exact same one as on AirportParkingInc.com. From comparing the two sites, it looks like they are the same company. (in fact UAP accidentally has "Aiport Parking Inc"s name on their article snipets.)

Anyway... I HAVE used API to get parking in Miami for a cruise (Nov '13). The experience was alright enough for me to consider doing it again. But mileage may vary based on location.

I was considering parking at the Embassy lot in FLL for an upcoming cruise that we may need to drive in for (airline prices- woo!). It looks like the area they park cars in is in the blocked off lot area south of Embassy. Going through API it is like 5.5$ per day, plus some tax and fee. Basically under 60$ for an 8-day.

My concern, however, is that the lot next to Embassy is not surrounded by an 8 ft. fence the way the one in Miami was. It has a 4ft fence around most of it, but part of it is simply "roped off" from an adjacent business parking lot. You can see this by pulling up Embassy on Google maps, put yourself on street view and head down SE 10th ave.

So I'm at the point where I'm not satisfied enough with this particular location that I feel I need to do more research to find out how secure it is of late. Or I need to just say "meh" and use the Park'n'Fly lot for ~100$.

Also wondering if anyone has used the Embassy Suites self park. Park N Go rate even with on line reservation is $12 day. We are driving from SW Florida and would like a convenient, reasonable place to park for 11 days.

• 2 weeks later...
The daily rate at ES is $18.00 for hotel guests..

Sounds like the option you're talking about (UAP) is well worth it..Hardly think that it would be a separate shuttle than the one the hotel offers...you'll probably get a voucher for this offer to provide the ES valet's and shuttle driver...Best of luck.

This is what bugs me about the UAP. The lot at that Embassy is ALWAYS full. Always (my bff lives on Cordova so I'm in and out of there about every day). I'd be afraid UAP would bait and switch. It is gated and secure but I wouldn't trust that UAP wouldn't put you somewhere else. Can you call the Embassy and talk to them about it?

• 10 months later...

I wanted to check if there are any more reviews on this parking location and service. I booked through cheapparkfly.com, which is another domain owned by Airport Parking Inc. The price is literally half of the next cheapest option. They wanted me to print a parking ticket which should be left in the car. It has my arrival and departure dates in a large print. Seems like an invitation for thiefs to target a car which will not be disturbed for next couple of days.

There are several offsite parking locations from Port Everglades. I am familiar with a few of them and have had both good and bad experiences. If you research online you'll see that Gold Coast Cruise and Fly Parking is one of the highest rated parking facilities around Port Everglades. They offer complimentary shuttle service to and from the Port, and the rates are reasonable (especially when you consider the port is $15 per day.) Hope this helps!

Park N Go rate for March/April is $7.99 a day prepaid, as we have a reservation. It is a very convenient secure lot with good Shuttle Van service to and from the port. It took us about 5 minutes +/- even getting a little turned around finding the lot from the Embassy Suites on 17th.

Embassy's daily parking even while a guest was more than $18, I believe Feb. 14. There is no Complimentary shuttle to the port; taxi is about $10. I'll check out UAP but feel good with Park N Go. Please note, many of the quotes above are from 2013.

I'm aware of the other parking options, they quoted me $75-100 for the duration, and it was $39 to park at the Embassy Suites including taxes and shuttle service. Even if the shuttle screws up, the cruise terminal is 20 minutes of brisk walk away. My concerns are security of the parking and legitimacy of the company.

FYI - I'm staying at the 17th Street Embassy Suites in about a week and need transportation from the airport. Transportation is handled by the concierge - they use a 3rd party for shuttle service.

Their 3rd party vendor may or may not charge a fee per person from the airport to the hotel. Make sure you are aware of this before you are in need of service. A taxi is only about $10 per taxi not per person.

I just checked Airport Parking Inc. which most have said is the same company as United airport Parking. They offer at the Port pricing which is the same as Park N Go and Embassy Suites Parking @ $5.99 per day. For the $17 difference, I am sticking with Park N Go as I have used their services and know the car is safe, and service is dependable. I know the lot at Embassy and anyone can walk through the lot and leave the lot. I parked there last year and will park there again this year but only during our stay. As others have said the whole parking lot is very crowded. Once we find a spot, we rarely will leave with the car.

I also read the reviews of the Parking services on Tripadvisor. United reviews were not good nor worth my worry while I am on a wonderful vacation. There is no United security watching cars at Embassy.

Good Luck and enjoy your cruise.

• 6 months later...

Hello everyone.. just came across this site which i think will be very useful. Only went on one cruise in my life and now booked with Carnival leaving on october.

Ran into this site United Airport parking and parking is at the PTE EMBASSY SUITES... has anyone ever parked there and was there any problems, any glitches and how is the safety

Any comments is seriously appreciated

PTE EMBASSY SUITES

Hello everyone.. just came across this site which i think will be very useful. Only went on one cruise in my life and now booked with Carnival leaving on october.

Ran into this site United Airport parking and parking is at the PTE EMBASSY SUITES... has anyone ever parked there and was there any problems, any glitches and how is the safety

Any comments is seriously appreciated

PTE EMBASSY SUITES

We used this service last March. We were staying at the Embassy Suites and contacted them about cruise parking. We were told that was "no longer available." To our surprise, when we dropped our car for valet parking at ES, the valets asked if we also wanted to park during our cruise. Evidently ES contracts out the valet parking and that service hanldles the cruise parking.

This worked very well for us. The cost was less than the cruise port. We were planning on self debarkation so we wanted a smooth transition. We took a cab to the port (princess) which was about $10 or $12 plus tip. Took less than five minutes. Walked off and caught a cab back for $10 or $12 plus tip. The valets brought the car up and we were on our way withing five minutes of arrival at back at the ES.

One thing that was really nice is that we took our bags out of the cab and the valets brought the car to where the cab dropped our bags.

BTW, you pay for the parking prior to the cruise. Keep the receipt you'll need it to prove you paid the fee.

I think we were in our car and on the way back home by 0700. The valets were very courteous and made some good recommendations on dinner.

If by 'safety', you mean is the area 'safe'? Actually, you drop and pick up your car at the entrance to the ES. Very safe.

FWIW, we liked the ES but it is a bit more expensive.

Edited by RocketMan275

• 3 months later...

So I know this is an old post but i thought i'd throw in my two cents anyway for anyone considering this.

We have prepaid for parking at ES through United's website for our cruise on Oct 24. The emailed receipt clearly states free transportation to the port is included for up to four people. You just have to call 24 hours in advance to a number provided on the receipt to schedule the transportation (I think it was the hotel). I called the number yesterday and we should be good to go.

Yes its uncovered parking at a hotel with whatever security there is at the hotel. If someone wants to steal my car its just as likely to happen in my driveway, that's why I pay for insurance. For less than half the price of parking at the terminal I'll take my chances.

I'll report back how it goes when we get back.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONETOUCH P310A using Tapatalk

So I know this is an old post but i thought i'd throw in my two cents anyway for anyone considering this.

We have prepaid for parking at ES through United's website for our cruise on Oct 24. The emailed receipt clearly states free transportation to the port is included for up to four people. You just have to call 24 hours in advance to a number provided on the receipt to schedule the transportation (I think it was the hotel). I called the number yesterday and we should be good to go.

Yes its uncovered parking at a hotel with whatever security there is at the hotel. If someone wants to steal my car its just as likely to happen in my driveway, that's why I pay for insurance. For less than half the price of parking at the terminal I'll take my chances.

I'll report back how it goes when we get back.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONETOUCH P310A using Tapatalk

I don't think anyone has ever had a problem parking offsite in Fort Lauderdale especially at that Embassy Suites.

It's Miami where there is a problem parking offsite.

In Miami, there is a much, much higher probability your car will get stolen than just about anywhere else in the US. I'm sure your car is much safer in your driveway than parking under a freeway exit in Overtown. In fact, I'd wager it is safer in your driveway with the keys in the ignition than in Miami with your keys missing.

I don't think anyone has ever had a problem parking offsite in Fort Lauderdale especially at that Embassy Suites.

It's Miami where there is a problem parking offsite.

In Miami, there is a much, much higher probability your car will get stolen than just about anywhere else in the US. I'm sure your car is much safer in your driveway than parking under a freeway exit in Overtown. In fact, I'd wager it is safer in your driveway with the keys in the ignition than in Miami with your keys missing.

But the post is about ES Ft. Lauderdale. This is what I was addressing. I was born and raised in Florida. I avoid Miami like the plague, let alone leave my car there.