Embassy Suites parking Ft. Lauderdale

40yearcruiser

To follow up on my original post. We did this and it went flawlessly. You have the option of self-parking or using the valet. The only difference is with the valet a tip is involved, no other additional charge and we went with this option for convenience sake and the feeling of added security. Transportation to and from the terminal was provided by the company who contracts the embassy suites shuttle service, again at no additional charge other than a tip for the driver. At 1/3 the cost of terminal parking it was a no brainer.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONETOUCH P310A using Tapatalk

To follow up on my original post. We did this and it went flawlessly. You have the option of self-parking or using the valet. The only difference is with the valet a tip is involved, no other additional charge and we went with this option for convenience sake and the feeling of added security. Transportation to and from the terminal was provided by the company who contracts the embassy suites shuttle service, again at no additional charge other than a tip for the driver. At 1/3 the cost of terminal parking it was a no brainer.

Thank you for reporting on your experience. We will be doing the same in Feb. Since we will be gone for 21 days the price difference is significant compared to $15/day at PTE.

• 2 months later...

we are thinking of parking there was wondering did you keep your car keys or have to leave them there?

we are thinking of parking there was wondering did you keep your car keys or have to leave them there?

We used the valet so had to leave the keys with the valet. Of course I left him only the car key and kept the ring safely in my pocket. Not sure if we parked the car ourselves if it would have been different. Honestly this was easier and much cheaper than parking at the port. ES is literally 2 blocks away and we never touched our bags from the time we loaded them at home. This was a huge bonus to me as DW packed everything but the kitchen sink. As I mentioned before, just some tipping involved. The porter at disembark got a fairly substantial tip as he stayed with us for the full 45 minute wait in queue through customs, he was a gem. But that would have happened regardless of where we parked.

Just to follow up on my post from a couple years ago when I was in the same situation...

We ended up parking at the port in the structure right next to the Carnival terminal. The cost was more compared to the lot at ES, but we didn't have to tip anyone, we didn't have to wait for a shuttle or pay a cab, etc, which was nice for being able to arrive early and leave when you want.

Just to follow up on my post from a couple years ago when I was in the same situation...

We ended up parking at the port in the structure right next to the Carnival terminal. The cost was more compared to the lot at ES, but we didn't have to tip anyone, we didn't have to wait for a shuttle or pay a cab, etc, which was nice for being able to arrive early and leave when you want.

I'll jump in too. We used the E/S suites parking on our first cruise (Mar 15) out of FLL and all went well. We took a cab to the port and a cab back to the E/S. We exited Regal and were on our way north by 7:15.

On our Nov 15 cruise, we parked at the parking next to the terminal. It was less than a block from parking to the terminal. We exited Oasis and were driving north by 6:45AM.

We have a fourteen hour drive home and always self debark to get as early a start as possible. We don't rely upon 'free' shuttles. They may be free from the sense of saving money but they are not 'free' when you consider waiting for a shuttle, riding a shuttle to the parking lot, etc.

Parking offsite may save a few bucks but the shuttle will cost you a significant amount of time or you will pay for cabs which offset the savings.

We would think differently if we had a much shorter drive.

We used the valet so had to leave the keys with the valet. Of course I left him only the car key and kept the ring safely in my pocket. Not sure if we parked the car ourselves if it would have been different. Honestly this was easier and much cheaper than parking at the port. ES is literally 2 blocks away and we never touched our bags from the time we loaded them at home. This was a huge bonus to me as DW packed everything but the kitchen sink. As I mentioned before, just some tipping involved. The porter at disembark got a fairly substantial tip as he stayed with us for the full 45 minute wait in queue through customs, he was a gem. But that would have happened regardless of where we parked.

the reason we are concerned with the leaving of the car key is because there was a story on the news here in central Florida about the places you leave your car with the key and the workers were using the cars for their own personal use something we are not going to do to save some money :)

Anytime you leave your personal property in the hands of another you run the risk of them not doing what you expect or what they've contracted to do. Personally I think the instances of what you are reading is the exception rather than the rule. If you're not comfortable leaving your keys with the person in care of your car you should probably not leave it with them.

• 1 month later...

I am going to use the parking at the Embassy Suites later this month. I'll post on how it goes.

In regards to valet parking, I had a bad experience once in Downtown L.A. with valet parking and have been resistant to it ever since. We parked for a convention in one of the private lots that was only doing valet parking. When we returned, we gave the attendant the claim ticket. After many minutes of looking, he could not find the keys.

The attendant provided absolutely no assistance, so we started walking around the lot to look for the car. We eventually found it parked in the middle of lane, with all the windows down (we had rolled them up before leaving), and the keys were on the front seat. The only positive was that they refunded the cost of parking.

I would recommend Gold Coast Cruise and Fly Parking in Fort Lauderdale if in need of cruise port parking. My family and I have traveled to Fort Lauderdale numerous times and have used their service for the past few years. It is just outside of the port on SR 84, less then a mile to the entrance of the port. They offer complimentary shuttle service to and from Port Everglades. The attendants working the office and the all of the drivers have always been extremely friendly and very helpful. The shuttle service has always been quick as well. The most we have ever waited to be picked up is about 15-20 minutes from the time of calling them after disembarking. By the time we get back to the lot in the shuttle, our car is up front and ready to drive off, and they are only minutes away from the highway. It is a great alternative at a much cheaper price (we pay about $8 during the season, less during the summer time), compared to the port which is $15 daily. If you are driving down to Fort Lauderdale and staying at any nearby hotels, I would highly recommend using them over leaving your car at the hotel and dealing with the hotel shuttles, which can be very stressful.

I am going to use the parking at the Embassy Suites later this month. I'll post on how it goes.

In regards to valet parking, I had a bad experience once in Downtown L.A. with valet parking and have been resistant to it ever since. We parked for a convention in one of the private lots that was only doing valet parking. When we returned, we gave the attendant the claim ticket. After many minutes of looking, he could not find the keys.

The attendant provided absolutely no assistance, so we started walking around the lot to look for the car. We eventually found it parked in the middle of lane, with all the windows down (we had rolled them up before leaving), and the keys were on the front seat. The only positive was that they refunded the cost of parking.

Thank you I would love to hear about your experience with them :)

• 2 months later...

How did it go?

the reason we are concerned with the leaving of the car key is because there was a story on the news here in central Florida about the places you leave your car with the key and the workers were using the cars for their own personal use something we are not going to do to save some money :)

That would be a huge concern in Miami but probably not so much up here in FLL. These guys are parking Lamborghinis and Rolls. They aren't joyriding in someone's mini van:D:D

We have valet parking EVERYWHERE here. Even the hospitals.

• 1 month later...
There are several offsite parking locations from Port Everglades. I am familiar with a few of them and have had both good and bad experiences. If you research online you'll see that Gold Coast Cruise and Fly Parking is one of the highest rated parking facilities around Port Everglades. They offer complimentary shuttle service to and from the Port, and the rates are reasonable (especially when you consider the port is $15 per day.) Hope this helps!

Per your suggestion, I looked at offsite parking options. We've ended up using Park by the Ports about 3x. They're a bit further away but offer really low rates and service. The only downside is that they are valet, but I haven't had an issue leaving my keys there yet. Not sure about the other guys, but we love Park by the Ports :)

Ooooo I forgot to mention that if you book on their website you receive a cheaper rate. http://www.parkbytheports.com/ I think it was $2/day off their drive-up rate?

Edited by mandab7

• 3 months later...

How was your experience and have others used this service?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
I think you'll be fine using Embassy Suites...their lot is very secure and you'll be parking it yourself and locking it up.

We used it and all went very well. We were off the ship and on the road at 07:10. They were pros and the car was A-OK! We are signed up again for 28 December.

Thanks for the guidance/help here!

Salute

Steve & Vicky

• 7 months later...

Hi all, sorry for the delay in posting on my experience. I have unexpectedly been traveling all over Europe since I first posted to this thread.

My experience with the Embassy Suites parking was pretty good. The shuttle service seemed a bit crowded and there were lines, but it was a very busy day for cruises and was during spring break, too.

I ended up needing to extend my parking there by a week, which I was able to do via the website. My car was still there when I returned, but the website had not actually notified the hotel/operator that I extended, so the parking attendants said that they were starting to get concerned. There was no issue with the payment, however, so in the end it was all good.

Funny story, as I was leaving the parking lot the shuttle was driving out ahead of me. The door to the luggage compartment came open and a suitcase fell out. I tried to get the driver's attention, but to no avail. I ran back to the valet with the suitcase and they called the shuttle. I wonder how many suitcases fell out before he stopped.