Anthem Keel Laying Complete

DEIx15x8

Exactly. Headliners would write "it's twins!"

I would imagine this class with the various gimmicks like the arm, dodgems, air fly thing would need more time post physical build being outfitted which could be done elsewhere or more time in Bremerhaven etc..

Anything is doable! The Keel laying ceremony for Anthem wasn't exactly announced and when project sunshine was ordered couldn't have been planned until Getaway had left and Quantum had floated forward so Apr/May time.

All will be revealed ....

All very interesting.

Let us know when you get answer to your tweet... in this thread and the other one. Thanks!

So I sent an e-mail to the RCCL Press.

1st Question I asked

"In looking at the pictures of the keel laying I notice that Anthem Of The Seas is placed in front of Quantum in the Mayer Werft building dock. Is this temporary just for the keel laying or is Anthem going to be completed now first and floated out? "

Response

"Thank you for your email. Anthem of the Seas is scheduled to be delivered in spring 2015 after Quantum of the Seas. The photo that you are seeing is from the back of the hall looking forward and as you can see Quantum is in front."

2nd question I asked and I attached pictures that I saved this time.

"So Quantum has already been moved forward in the building dock to the spot that had NCL Getaway?"

Response

"Yes, Quantum has been forward"

My thoughts and reaction - They have moved Quantum that fast? MW is really good. Wow!

Edit:

To add to this. I still have my doubts as the huge green cranes are still on the left side of the picture which means we are still looking at the picture and building dock forward

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

BZhsqvhCAAE1qnv.jpg:large

So I sent an e-mail to the RCCL Press.

1st Question I asked

"In looking at the pictures of the keel laying I notice that Anthem Of The Seas is placed in front of Quantum in the Mayer Werft building dock. Is this temporary just for the keel laying or is Anthem going to be completed now first and floated out? "

Response

"Thank you for your email. Anthem of the Seas is scheduled to be delivered in spring 2015 after Quantum of the Seas. The photo that you are seeing is from the back of the hall looking forward and as you can see Quantum is in front."

2nd question I asked and I attached pictures that I saved this time.

"So Quantum has already been moved forward in the building dock to the spot that had NCL Getaway?"

Response

"Yes, Quantum has been forward"

My thoughts and reaction - They have moved Quantum that fast? MW is really good. Wow!

Quantum has been moved forward since the photo above was taken?! Because in that photo she is where she's always been. Same with the photo with the Anthem keel.

Edited by Lloyd555

Quantum has been moved forward since the photo above was taken?! Because in that photo she is where she's always been. Same with the photo with the Anthem keel.

Hmm that pic of Anthems keel, does that really look like the aft of Quantum behind? Looks a bit like an edge to join to the next block ?? Oh well sure they wouldn't lie ..

I just looked at the webcam http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/werft/das_unternehmen/webcam/webcam.jsp

Which shows the aft section with the green U cranes on the left as you look back. On the Keel pic the green U cranes are on the left so the pic is pointing backwards!

Edited by Single Cruiser

Given were Quantum is in the keel laying picture, I agree with you and others here that she is still in the back of Hall 6 and not forward. There are blocks on the left side under or around then green cranes, which is the same view we have seen in Hall 6 all along.

Given were Quantum is in the keel laying picture, I agree with you and others here that she is still in the back of Hall 6 and not forward. There are blocks on the left side under or around then green cranes, which is the same view we have seen in Hall 6 all along.

And the other thing of course is why even lay the Keel now for a Spring 2015 delivery. When they planned the two sunshine projects and dates they didn't know the dry dock would be empty early 3 months and even then if you look at previous ships like Getaway/Breakaway and before Celebrity. They completed one hull, flooded dock moved forward and laid keel behind. Which would put Anthems planned Keel laying around May 2014!!

Hmm that pic of Anthems keel, does that really look like the aft of Quantum behind? Looks a bit like an edge to join to the next block ?? Oh well sure they wouldn't lie ..

I wish we could get to see Quantum's rear. :eek:

I mean the aft end where the Two70 block, the loft suite block, sports deck block, etc. will be attached.

Remember this photo taken soon after the Getaway floated out:

November5_dcsauer82instagram_DavidSauer_zps534d731a.jpg

Not much different from this enlargement of the Anthem keel-laying photo.

Anthemkeel-layingphotozoomin_zps910971d1.jpg

I think we're overdue for another Meyer Werft supplier or an Experience Advisor tour with someone taking photos of the other end of Quantum. Is it in January that a CC member said (s)he's going to visit Meyer Werft!?

I bet RCI is reading this thread and laughing at our confusion! :p At least we get a little bit of "excitement"! The thread was feeling a little dead!

Seems like RCI Press is a little confused, eh? Ahh this is going to bug me so bad, I really, really, really hope we get more information tomorrow at the RCCL UK event!!

I wish we could get to see Quantum's rear. :eek:

I mean the aft end where the Two70 block, the loft suite block, sports deck block, etc. will be attached.

Remember this photo taken soon after the Getaway floated out:

November5_dcsauer82instagram_DavidSauer_zps534d731a.jpg

Not much different from this enlargement of the Anthem keel-laying photo.

Anthemkeel-layingphotozoomin_zps910971d1.jpg

I think we're overdue for another Meyer Werft supplier or an Experience Advisor tour with someone taking photos of the other end of Quantum. Is it in January that a CC member said (s)he's going to visit Meyer Werft!?

Would also be nice if Ingrid updated her page.

Did anyone see/read the last sentence of the Mayer Werft press release?

http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/medien/presseticker/pressemitteilung_detail_13440.jsp

Quote:

Photo:The first block of the new cruise ship Quantum of the Seas for Royal Caribbean Cruises is put in place in MEYER WERFT's building dock II.

Was this a typo?

http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/medien/presseticker/pressemitteilung_detail_13440.jsp

Quote:

Photo:The first block of the new cruise ship Quantum of the Seas for Royal Caribbean Cruises is put in place in MEYER WERFT's building dock II.

Was this a typo?

That whole press release seems poorly done, or translated. Besides that sentence look at this one:

Delivery of the Anthem of the Seas is scheduled for spring 2015. The sistership of Quantum is under construction in the Building Dock and is scheduled as early as in the autumn of 2014.

So Anthem is scheduled for delivery in spring of 2015. But then the sistership of Quantum (Anthem or do they mean Anthem's sistership Quantum?) is scheduled for delivery as early as fall 2014. If they mean Anthem that would certainly be an early delivery and conflict with the previous sentence. If they mean Quantum I would certainly hope she is delivered by, not as early as, fall 2014 since she has bookings then.

Quote:

Was this a typo?

It's been corrected...

Photo:The first block of the new cruise ship Anthem of the Seas for Royal Caribbean Cruises is put in place in MEYER WERFT's building dock II.

It's been corrected...

Photo:The first block of the new cruise ship Anthem of the Seas for Royal Caribbean Cruises is put in place in MEYER WERFT's building dock II.

They also corrected the other sentence.

Delivery of the Anthem of the Seas is scheduled for spring 2015. The sistership of Quantum is under construction in the Building Dock and is scheduled as early as in the autumn of 2014.

So they are admitting right their that Anthem could come out in the fall of 2014. So what does that mean for Quantum. Will she be moved up or will they release a month apart.

They also corrected the other sentence.

So they are admitting right their that Anthem could come out in the fall of 2014. So what does that mean for Quantum. Will she be moved up or will they release a month apart.

I think they mean to say:

Delivery of the Anthem of the Seas is scheduled for spring 2015. The sistership Quantum is under construction in the Building Dock and is scheduled as early as in the autumn of 2014.

I think they mean to say:

Delivery of the Anthem of the Seas is scheduled for spring 2015. The sistership Quantum is under construction in the Building Dock and is scheduled as early as in the autumn of 2014.

Hopefully this will all be cleared up within a few hours after the RCI UK press conference.

[quote name='Tall-Cruiser']Hopefully this will all be cleared up within a few hours after the RCI UK press conference.[/quote]

Abbot and Costello would be proud of us! This confusion with the two Quantum class ships reminds me of their [I]Who's On First[/I] skit!

[URL]http://www.baseball-almanac.com/humor4.shtml[/URL]

It is possible that we are all overlooking the obvious. The dry dock is empty 3 months ahead of schedule. The new keel section for the "Anthem" has just been layed. The name plate lettering has not been welded on to either of these keel sections. There is nothing to say that Royal Caribbean can't switch the names on these builds. The new keel block that is apparently near the front of the building, could, in fact become the Quantum, with the further along stern section toward the rear becoming the Anthem. That is always a possibility. There is still time to complete a build in the front of the building for Fall 2014 delivery, so that very well could now be the Quantum.

This is speculation, but it is easier to swap names than the assembled blocks at this point in the build process.

Eric Edited by Pomperaugrr

[quote name='Pomperaugrr']It is possible that we are all overlooking the obvious. The dry dock is empty 3 months ahead of schedule. The new keel section for the "Anthem" has just been layed. The name plate lettering has not been welded on to either of these keel sections. There is nothing to say that Royal Caribbean can't switch the names on these builds. The new keel block that is apparently near the front of the building, could, in fact become the Quantum, with the further along stern section toward the rear becoming the Anthem. That is always a possibility. There is still time to complete a build in the front of the building for Fall 2014 delivery, so that very well could now be the Quantum.

This is speculation, but it is easier to swap names than the assembled blocks at this point in the build process.

Eric[/quote]

So what you're saying is ...

They're ahead of schedule and can start work on the Anthem, but can't move the Quantum just yet in order to build the Anthem behind it, so they build in front of it AND switch their identities so that the Quantum can sail ou first as planned.

Now, would that be easier/better than just switching the debuts of each ship (Anthem - Fall 2014 & Quantum - 2015), and change the existing cruise reservations from Quantum to Anthem?

Edit: As well... Any blocks on the dock intended for the original Quantum - or the new Anthem - can be fitted onto the Anthem - or the new Quantum - to speed up its build, seeing as the original Quantum behind it isn't sailing any time soon. * I think my brain just exploded.

Loving this brainstorming! :D Edited by Lloyd555

[quote name='Lloyd555']So what you're saying is ...

[COLOR=pink]They're ahead of schedule and can start work on the Anthem, but can't move the Quantum just yet in order to build the Anthem behind it, so they build in front of it AND switch their identities so that the Quantum can sail ou first as planned. [/COLOR]

[B][U]Now, would that be easier/better than just switching the debuts of each ship (Anthem - Fall 2014 & Quantum - 2015), and change the existing cruise reservations from Quantum to Anthem? [/U][/B]

[COLOR=pink]Edit: As well... Any blocks on the dock intended for the original Quantum - or the new Anthem - can be fitted onto the Anthem - or the new Quantum - to speed up its build, seeing as the original Quantum behind it isn't sailing any time soon. * I think my brain just exploded.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=pink] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=pink]Loving this brainstorming![/COLOR] :D[/quote]

Well, I guess that after listening the presentation in the UK, we know that's not going to happen. You know I was kidding, right!?!

[quote name='Pomperaugrr']It is possible that we are all overlooking the obvious. The dry dock is empty 3 months ahead of schedule. The new keel section for the "Anthem" has just been layed. The name plate lettering has not been welded on to either of these keel sections. There is nothing to say that Royal Caribbean can't switch the names on these builds. The new keel block that is apparently near the front of the building, could, in fact become the Quantum, with the further along stern section toward the rear becoming the Anthem. That is always a possibility. There is still time to complete a build in the front of the building for Fall 2014 delivery, so that very well could now be the Quantum.

Eric[/quote]

It is more likely that MW will execute a maneuver similar to ones they've done in the past. I suspect that they will do this:
build out the back half of Anthem while they complete Quantum, and then float the Anthem section out of the way; float Quantum forward (or out entirely); lay the keel for the next Breakaway class ship in the back of the hall; float out Quantum; then float Anthem back in so she's in the front 2/3 of the hall so they can finish her without losing any build time on Breakaway+

[quote name='CRUISEFAN0001']So I guess we need a [B][COLOR=blue]Countdown to Anthem [/COLOR][/B]Forum now too... ;)[/quote]

Or change this one to [B]Anthem Keel Blocks are in the House!
... In The Wrong Spot, But We'll Get Over It! [/B] Edited by Lloyd555

[quote name='orville99']It is more likely that MW will execute a maneuver similar to ones they've done in the past. I suspect that they will do this:
build out the back half of Anthem while they complete Quantum, and then float the Anthem section out of the way; float Quantum forward (or out entirely); lay the keel for the next Breakaway class ship in the back of the hall; float out Quantum; then float Anthem back in so she's in the front 2/3 of the hall so they can finish her without losing any build time on Breakaway+[/quote]

Check out post:

[URL]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=40746932&postcount=596[/URL]