Microwaves?

packyourpixiedust

With the fire safety concerns I am not sure it is even possible, but if you need a microwave during your cruise, can you get one for the week?

You can if you book the penthouse on "M" class ships. :)

You can if you book the penthouse on "M" class ships. :)

Thanks for answering our unvoiced question.

We are off today for our TA on Connie and thought that we had seen one in one of the photographs we had looked at. I'd say that the news would cheer up my DH, but he will already be like a kid at Christmas when he gets up this morning anyway!

Sue

Since it is doubtful that they just have extra microwave ovens lying around they could issue to passenger staterooms, I don't see much chance that you would be able to get one. However, I believe that there are microwave ovens in the area where room service foods are prepared, in the passenger area, not the main kitchens. Perhaps your butler can arrange to have the bottles taken care of there for you.

The OPs question reminds me of DW's ex who once asked us if he could take a small trampoline on a cruise. He had a balcony cabin and thought that he could use the device on his balcony.

Hank

P.S. This story is actually true

Thanks for answering our unvoiced question.

We are off today for our TA on Connie and thought that we had seen one in one of the photographs we had looked at. I'd say that the news would cheer up my DH, but he will already be like a kid at Christmas when he gets up this morning anyway!

Sue

have a great trip

TO the OP - you can use the boiling method or cold water sterilising - boiling water is available from the buffet or room service or use the cold water with milton etc

can you not take some sterilizing milton tablets or liquid with say a large Tupperware box. mix one tablet/liquid with water and steep your babies bottles/teats/dummies. the made up liquid lasts 24 hours.

if you cannot do this then ask your cabin butler if he/she can sterilize the bottles etc every day.

You might do a search for sterlizing bottles in the Family Cruising forum, this link might work (not sure): http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=46087922

I looked at one thread which mostly had people questioning the need to sterlize, although that really doesn't answer your question and I think this is a personal decision you've already made. Hopefully one of the many search hits will have some practical suggestions or experiences. I doubt a microwave will be supplied to you - although it can't hurt to call special needs and ask about this as well as what baby supplies they can provide.

This reminds me of a discussion with our pediatrician, over 30 years ago, about how long we'd need to be sterilizing our newborn son's bottles. His response: One day you'll see your baby crawling around and chewing on shoes or anything else he can get his hands on and you'll realize that it's probably time to stop bothering with the sterilization.

Edited by Lsimon