Live Special Announcement 11/21/13 12pm est

[quote name='Pomperaugrr']Was there any new information as to venues, or just more of the same?

Eric[/QUOTE]

There will be a focus on music- w/ship being called, Anthem. There will be 2 special venues with intimate seating to experience the best of this. That's about it in addition to the other venues we know about already

Well glad that is over..back to planning Quantum now :D

Sorry but that announcement did nothing at all to make me want to book Anthem....heck if they plan to have lots of music like they had in that announcement...well sorry but not my cup of tea.

I was waiting for the buzz....waiting for some professional person to come on and make the big announcement...someone with excitement in their voice...someone dressed for the special occasion...someone who knew what they were talking about. Thank goodness Adam G was there otherwise it would have been even worse. Sorry but RCCL UK you need to step up your game if you want to fill Anthem.

[quote name='Elizanessie']Well glad that is over..back to planning Quantum now :D

Sorry but that announcement did nothing at all to make me want to book Anthem....heck if they plan to have lots of music like they had in that announcement...well sorry but not my cup of tea.

I was waiting for the buzz....waiting for some professional person to come on and make the big announcement...someone with excitement in their voice...someone dressed for the special occasion...someone who knew what they were talking about. Thank goodness Adam G was there otherwise it would have been even worse. Sorry but RCCL UK you need to step up your game if you want to fill Anthem.[/QUOTE]
WOW :eek:

Well the news was very well received on this side of the pond...especially with Ft. Lauderdale as the port when its not in Southampton.

Bet is books up very well here in the U.S.

[quote name='Tall-Cruiser']Very good news indeed. I was surprised that it was not Port Canaveral or Miami though.[/quote]

I think that solidifies the rumors about an Oasis Class Ship being home ported out of Port Canaveral.

Looks like RCI has stepped up their game. They are bringing their newest most innovative ship to the UK. No way will they have a problem filling this ship in the UK or in the U.S. Especially with the new smoking policy. Gotta love it.;). Of course if the fine folks across the pond don't want her they can have the Majesty. ;) Edited by cruisingator2

[quote name='G85 SS']I think that solidifies the rumors about an Oasis Class Ship being home ported out of Port Canaveral.[/quote]

That will be very good new for Port Canaveral. They said they would announce who the new tennant[U]s[/U] of the new Terminal would be before year end. My gues is still RCI and NCL.

[quote name='Tall-Cruiser']That will be very good new for Port Canaveral. They said they would announce who the new tennant[U]s[/U] of the new Terminal would be before year end. My gues is still RCI and NCL.[/quote]

NCL would be a good addition. Or, if possible, in the winter months bring in a Celebrity ship. :cool:

[quote name='G85 SS']I think that solidifies the rumors about an Oasis Class Ship being home ported out of Port Canaveral.[/quote]

Not necessarily. They could have Anthem do a variety of different length cruises out of Port Evergaldes like Quantum is doing in Bayonne. This way they could eliminate having the Oasis twins and Anthem in port the same days to utilize Terminal 18. Anthem could do longer length cruises in the Caribbean.

[quote name='emmy']Not necessarily. They could have Anthem do a variety of different length cruises out of Port Evergaldes like Quantum is doing in Bayonne. This way they could eliminate having the Oasis twins and Anthem in port the same days to utilize Terminal 18. Anthem could do longer length cruises in the Caribbean.[/QUOTE]

You're correct Emmy. They do this now with the Equinox. She sails out of FLL on Friday and Monday's using terminal 18 on ten night cruises so it will work.

[quote name='emmy']They could have Anthem do a variety of different length cruises out of Port Evergaldes like Quantum is doing in Bayonne. This way they could eliminate having the Oasis twins and Anthem in port the same days to utilize Terminal 18. [B][COLOR="Blue"]Anthem could do longer length cruises in the Caribbean.[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]
You could be right.

Like Indy...they could do a Friday departure as well out of Terminal 18, since Indy will be moving out of Ft. Lauderdale.

Even more intriguing is the possibility that starting out so much further South than it's twin Quantum (thankfully)...it could reach some interesting and potentially NEW PORTS in the same timeframes.

It's no secret that RCI has been courting some South American ports, which could easily be made in an 8-day or longer itinerary.

Oooo...the speculation is fun. Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

[quote name='CRUISEFAN0001']You could be right.

Like Indy...they could do a Friday departure as well out of Terminal 18, since Indy will be moving out of Ft. Lauderdale.

Even more intriguing is the possibility that starting out so much further South than it's twin Quantum (thankfully)...it could reach some interesting and potentially NEW PORTS in the same timeframes.

It's no secret that RCI has been courting some South American ports, which could easily be made in an 8-day or longer itinerary.

Oooo...the speculation is fun.[/QUOTE]
South Americsn ports would be great after I sail out of Southampton. :)

[quote name='CRUISEFAN0001']Looks like the time has come for a [B]COUNTDOWN TO ANTHEM of the SEAS[/B] folder (hint, hint, hint). :)[/QUOTE]

It should be a countdown to the Quantum Class. Their is very little news for one that is not relevant to the other.

[quote name='emmy']Anthem could do longer length cruises in the Caribbean.[/QUOTE]

I honestly think that ANTHEM replaces INDEPENDENCE on the 6-8 night itineraries.
The 10-11 night itineraries which LEGEND currently offers should be done by SERENADE in 2015/16... [url]http://201.220.14.27/sxmonline/VesselScheduleCruise.aspx[/url]
Just browse the list until Dec 2015/Jan 2016... similar calls at LEGEND does in 2014/15...

[quote name='emmy']Not necessarily. They could have Anthem do a variety of different length cruises out of Port Evergaldes like Quantum is doing in Bayonne. This way they could eliminate having the Oasis twins and Anthem in port the same days to utilize Terminal 18. Anthem could do longer length cruises in the Caribbean.[/quote]

Just ruin my wishful thinking with some practical explanation why don't you. :p

That, too, could very well be an alternative. But then the question arises, where does the Oasis III call home? If memory suits me right, it would be making it's debut close to the same time Anthem would be called to Port Everglades. Give or take a few months.

If so, I definitely do not see 3 Oasis Class ships using Port Everglades even with Anthem doing extended Caribbean Cruises from there. Still so many questions to be answered in the coming years. lol

[quote name='G85 SS']Just ruin my wishful thinking with some practical explanation why don't you. :p

That, too, could very well be an alternative. But then the question arises, where does the Oasis III call home? If memory suits me right, it would be making it's debut close to the same time Anthem would be called to Port Everglades. Give or take a few months.

If so, I definitely do not see 3 Oasis Class ships using Port Everglades even with Anthem doing extended Caribbean Cruises from there. Still so many questions to be answered in the coming years. lol[/quote]

Wishful thinking is good :) I hope to see an Oasis class in Port Canaveral and really think it will happen but not sure when. Oasis III will add to the home port speculation and ready to join in on that here on CC. :)

Makes you wonder if the plan for home ports is already decided or if that comes later as the ship is being built.

[quote name='wolfcathorse']When they announced oasis III they said she would be based in Asia[/QUOTE]

No they didn't. No announcement was made as to where it could be heading. The Asia rumors were based on an artist's concept of a new cruise terminal in Asia that showed an Oasis-class ship.

It is tiring to continue needing to cruise the Caribbean just to experience the newest ship. I had an
interesting thought though. While cruising around the big island of Hawaii on NCLA's Pride of America
we made an up close and personal sail by of Mt Kilauea pouring red hot lava into the sea. I am
curious if RCL might think about having Anthem sail around the almost desolated island of Montserrat. No lava but...

Continuous volcanic eruptions destroyed Montserrat's capital city and two-thirds of the island's
population was forced to flee. The volcanic activity continues, currently mostly affecting the vicinity
of Plymouth, including its docking facilities, and the eastern side of the island around the former
airport, the remnants of which were buried by flows from volcanic activity.

Don't you think climbing into North Star to view that would make for a more exciting adventure
than another port many of us have been to numerous times.