Host Andy - Almost Live from Eclipse

Andy

Hello, Andy!

Thank you so much for your updates and time away from your cruise… I know we all appreciate it immensely. I hope that you and your mom have a great time, and that you can relax and enjoy the Passport Bar and the Caribbean warmth and sunshine. (it's 26 degrees here with snow in the forecast for tomorrow.) Did you see Larry and I waving goodbye to you as the Eclipse left port? ;) It would be very nice if Raffaele were still onboard when get on March 22nd; I'll cross my fingers. He is such a nice man. If not, and you happen to ask, could you mention who the hotel director will be then? Thank you!

Enjoy the rest of your cruise, and take care.

I'm also hearing that some variation of 123 Go (or Pick Your Perk) might be making a return later this week. No other details available. If I hear anything further, I will post on this thread.

Appreciate, Host Andy, your interesting and helpful reports and great responses to the many questions. On the 1-2-3-Go Perk, have you seen or heard any impacts for whether that "free" booze is having any impacts to the system, service, people trying to drink the ship dry, etc.?

We are looking forward to our first “down under” visit, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Celebrity Solstice sailing, Sydney to Auckland/NZ doing 14 days on this ship we loved in the Med in June 2011. You are on a different ship in another part of the world, but certain updates and items help us get better prepared and focused.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 148,453 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Hi Andy, could you ask who will be CC Host on Eclipse TA in April ? Enjoy.

Hi Maggie,

As of now, Graeme should be your CC Host. I hope this is helpful !

Can't wait to board in less than 4 months:D

One question that had been asked but I did not find a reply. If you would be so kind as to find out the cost to upgrade on board from the Classic Beverage package to Premium Package.

Thank you Andy and have a wonderful sailing with your mom:)

For CulverCityCruisers, and those who asked about the Premium upgrade, I was advised it's 10.00 per person, per day (plus gratuity), which I believe works out to 11.50 pp per day. I hope this is helpful !

What Port individual was rude to your mom?

Hi Foflocruiser,

I'm not going to name the individual on an open forum, but will address the issue with Celebrity customer service when I return home. I feel it's the appropriate way to handle the issue. Thanks for your understanding.

Appreciate, Host Andy, your interesting and helpful reports and great responses to the many questions. On the 1-2-3-Go Perk, have you seen or heard any impacts for whether that "free" booze is having any impacts to the system, service, people trying to drink the ship dry, etc.?

We are looking forward to our first “down under” visit, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Celebrity Solstice sailing, Sydney to Auckland/NZ doing 14 days on this ship we loved in the Med in June 2011. You are on a different ship in another part of the world, but certain updates and items help us get better prepared and focused.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 148,453 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Hi Terry,

The good news is, no major concerns to address. Service has been outstanding. I will be happy to share some additional thoughts when I return home. Thanks !

I'm also hearing that some variation of 123 Go (or Pick Your Perk) might be making a return later this week. No other details available. If I hear anything further, I will post on this thread.

Hi Everyone,

Just received an email from Celebrity, about 123 GO. It does not list all of the details, but looks like it begins on Friday 11/29/13. It states 400 sailings, from Feb 2014 - March 2015. I hope this is helpful !

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Everyone,

My apologies for not posting an update over the past few days - though I am working on answering your questions. We are having a wonderful time on Eclipse, and will try to post another installment tomorrow. Have a great Monday !

Edited by Host Andy

Hey Andy, hope you and your mom are having a great time. You may have saved yourself some sleepless nights being on a cruise rather than having to sort out the half dozen threads about Captain's Club changes,Yikes!;):eek::D

Enjoy you second week, you deserve a rest from us, and of course, more importantly, your real job.;)

Hope to meet you and your mom in Febuary.

Edited by Oville

We are on the Eclipse now too and in port in Antigua with Mein Schiff 2 (former Mercury). I'll answer about the temperatures to help Andy somewhat with questions. It has been very warm (upper 80s? low 90s?) and humid in our ports. We swam yesterday in St. Lucia and the water temperature was perfect (mid 70s?), not cold at all. We weren't snorkeling but others were snorkeling nearby. I can check the Celebrity Today to see if it mentions the forecasted temperatures for our next ports and today's temperature (I threw out other Celebrity Todays).

We did have around 10 minutes of heavy rain in Grenada that morning, several heavy rain showers throughout the day lasting around 5-10 minutes each time in St. Lucia yesterday, and around 10 minutes of heavy rain around 7am this morning in Antigua. The showers were warm and were very heavy for short periods of time. Of course the amount of rain could have varied between the towns and the rain forests. We were in town for Grenada, on a catamaran, in town for St. Lucia, and on the ship in Antigua when it rained. The rain looked heavier and for longer periods of time in the rain forest/heavily forested hill and volcanic areas (heavy "fog" in hills) in St. Lucia from what we could see from the catamaran.

Kathy

We are on the Eclipse now too and in port in Antigua with Mein Schiff 2 (former Mercury). I'll answer about the temperatures to help Andy somewhat with questions. It has been very warm (upper 80s? low 90s?) and humid in our ports. We swam yesterday in St. Lucia and the water temperature was perfect (mid 70s?), not cold at all. We weren't snorkeling but others were snorkeling nearby. I can check the Celebrity Today to see if it mentions the forecasted temperatures for our next ports and today's temperature (I threw out other Celebrity Todays).

We did have around 10 minutes of heavy rain in Grenada that morning, several heavy rain showers throughout the day lasting around 5-10 minutes each time in St. Lucia yesterday, and around 10 minutes of heavy rain around 7am this morning in Antigua. The showers were warm and were very heavy for short periods of time. Of course the amount of rain could have varied between the towns and the rain forests. We were in town for Grenada, on a catamaran, in town for St. Lucia, and on the ship in Antigua when it rained. The rain looked heavier and for longer periods of time in the rain forest/heavily forested hill and volcanic areas (heavy "fog" in hills) in St. Lucia from what we could see from the catamaran.

Kathy

Thanks!

Do you mind sharing the name(s) of the catamaran(s) you were on?

Hi Andy.

Posted on your other thread, but you must be busy having to much of a great time on the Eclipse.

Can you tell be if the bars are stocked with Clamato juice to make a Caesar. I prefer Caesars over a Bloody Mary and don't think it will taste the same using tomato juice. Thanks.

Jim

Hi Andy.

Posted on your other thread, but you must be busy having to much of a great time on the Eclipse.

Can you tell be if the bars are stocked with Clamato juice to make a Caesar. I prefer Caesars over a Bloody Mary and don't think it will taste the same using tomato juice. Thanks.

Jim

they had it on the eclipse on our september sailing

Hi Foflocruiser,

I'm not going to name the individual on an open forum, but will address the issue with Celebrity customer service when I return home. I feel it's the appropriate way to handle the issue. Thanks for your understanding.

I totally understand. I just needed clarification...it's a cruiseline shoreside employee and not a Port Everglades employee.

Enjoy your cruise...

The catamaran was on Celebrity's excursion. I can post the name of the excursion if desired. I don't know the name of the catamaran and company.

Celebrity Today showed a forecasted temperature of 84 for today. Feels warmer probably due to humidity. We have a nice breeze today though.

Kathy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi Andy,

I have loved reading your reports as I was on the Transatlantic and absolutely loved the Eclipse! I only had two complaints and MANY, MANY compliments... My only complaints were the Internet....it was the slowest ever. I have been on the Equinox twice (once a Transatlantic) and I thought it was slow, but it was FAST compared to the Eclipse.....It took sometimes 8 minutes to send one email (after writing off line and copying and pasting which took seconds.....) IF the Internet on Eclipse is inferior to other ships, they could at least lower the prices per minute! After 8 straight days at sea with the frustrating wifi, I decided sadly that I must be addicted to fast wifi!

My second and only complaint: Surely they can find a better place for the ping pong tables!!!!! (outside of Celebrity Central and before the entrance to the theater) You just have to be there to understand......and those people who are physically handicapped really have a hard time getting around the action.....

So many compliments: Staff, service, ship, food, room service, waiters, shows, cabin, soooooooo much more......If the chefs are presenting, you must go; this may have just been for the Transatlantic. If Richard, the ilounge "geek" as he calls himself, presents, go!!!

Have a wonderful trip, and thanks for posting......

Hi Everyone,

We continue to have a wonderful time on Eclipse. Not much new to report. The cuisine, officer & crew engagement / friendliness, and entertainment continue to be outstanding. Other than some heavy rain showers in St Lucia yesterday, the weather and seas are excellent !

Entertainer Mark Preston (from the Lettermen) performed 2 shows on this sailing. Mark departed the ship in Barbados, but his performances were a highlight of the entertainment, and our cruise. Both performances which I attended, were standing room only, and Mr Preston was given standing ovations from the entire house. What a performer ! It's my understanding that Mark is not frequently booked with Celebrity, and I'd hope to see Celebrity add more bookings.

Last night, Cruise Director Sue Denning performed her 1 woman show, which was also outstanding. Sue had the house rocking and rolling with her 60's medley, told some very funny jokes, and shared some beautiful stories about her life and her family. It's my understanding that Sue does not perform her show very often. IMO, it should be offered on every sailing, as it was far better than a few of the other shows offered on this sailing. BTW, I'm hearing that some big changes are coming in the Production shows, though I'm unsure of the timeframe of the changes.

We dined at Bistro on Five for lunch yesterday. Overall, the cuisine was excellent. I had the Chicken soup, Cowboy crepe, and the dessert crepe with the Nutella on top, and it was as great as ever. What I simply cannot understand, is why they do not utilize the main presentation area to prepare the crepes. As noticed on our last Eclipse sailing, all crepes are prepared in the galley. IMO, this makes zero sense, and detracts from the overall experience.

We are dining at Tuscan Grille tonight. As Tuscan is one of my favorite Celebrity specialty dining venues, I'm looking forward to it. I will try to post again, just as soon as possible.

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Andy,

I have loved reading your reports as I was on the Transatlantic and absolutely loved the Eclipse! I only had two complaints and MANY, MANY compliments... My only complaints were the Internet....it was the slowest ever. I have been on the Equinox twice (once a Transatlantic) and I thought it was slow, but it was FAST compared to the Eclipse.....It took sometimes 8 minutes to send one email (after writing off line and copying and pasting which took seconds.....) IF the Internet on Eclipse is inferior to other ships, they could at least lower the prices per minute! After 8 straight days at sea with the frustrating wifi, I decided sadly that I must be addicted to fast wifi!

My second and only complaint: Surely they can find a better place for the ping pong tables!!!!! (outside of Celebrity Central and before the entrance to the theater) You just have to be there to understand......and those people who are physically handicapped really have a hard time getting around the action.....

So many compliments: Staff, service, ship, food, room service, waiters, shows, cabin, soooooooo much more......If the chefs are presenting, you must go; this may have just been for the Transatlantic. If Richard, the ilounge "geek" as he calls himself, presents, go!!!

Have a wonderful trip, and thanks for posting......

Hi CruisinNana,

Agree on the internet. The first 2+ days were a wipeout, as I could not connect to their wireless network, and I have a dual antenna wireless card - Still nothing. Thankfully, Celebrity came to the rescue and loaned me an Ethernet cable. Things are much better now. My advice, is that if Internet is important to you, and if you are bringing your own laptop, **always** bring an Ethernet cable, and connect directly to the jack in your cabin, by the vanity. It's much better, and I will never leave home without an Ethernet cable again !

Hi Andy.

Jim

Hi Jim,

I believe the question has been answered, but I will ask at a couple of the bars. Stay Tuned !