Captain's Club Website updated NOW

omeinv

Well, I guess I'll have to believe you since you use more capital letters than they did.

That's Funny!!

I have a screen print as well.

Seriously it's layed out very simply. I'm not rooting against anything or anybody just the truth.

1 Credit>>>30 Points>>>Credits you have earned as of 23Nov>>>Points you now have.

Nothing more nothing less.

1) those who were one point away from elite are being given extra points so that they can make elite on their next 7 day cruise, even in an inside cabin.

2) Those who are near one of the new levels weren't working toward any benefits so there is no reason to give them extra points.

I think this is extremely fair and well thought out.

If anyone is already elite and close to a new level....congratulations, you now have something to work for...perhaps you will upgrade your next cabin or take another cruise to get those additional perks.

I am sure there are some who will call celebrity and complain or threaten to cancel their cruise because they were close to elite plus, but now it's a little harder to get to...but IMHO that's unreasonable. Sure everyone wants something for ME...but this is a new program and now you have a reason to cruise more with celebrity, the brand you have already chosen.

That's Funny!!

I have a screen print as well.

Seriously it's layed out very simply. I'm not rooting against anything or anybody just the truth.

1 Credit>>>30 Points>>>Credits you have earned as of 23Nov>>>Points you now have.

Nothing more nothing less.

But that's for your situation (mine is the same as we are nowhere near the next tier). Do you really think folks made up the language they posted?

Maybe one of the people who posted that can take a screen shot and remove any doubts that some people did, indeed get a small adjustment.

I have two points to make here:

First: How do you know that they are not giving the same amount of bonus points to those above Elite?

It appears the only people receiving bonus points are those very close to a tier, within one cruise. Until we either see some reports from Elite members in a similar situation (within one cruise of a tier above Elite) or until they release the criteria for those receiving a "bonus", which they may never do, we won't know if these people will receive a bonus or not. Remember the bonus points are not being awarded to everyone - just those very close to a new tier.

Second, even if they don't award the bonus points to those very close to Elite+ or Zenith the situation is different. In the cases we've seen someone might have been working a plan to get to Select or Elite and been just about there. But no one could have had specific plans to meet a level they didn't know anything about and which hasn't even actually been announced yet.

I don't KNOW anything....like everyone else, I'm just having fun with the mental gymnastics.

What was driving the speculation about the Elite Plus scenario, however, were the posts by MVP Boynton, whom I find to be a highly reliable poster.

As to your second point, people could have been expecting that the new Elite Plus level, which we all expected was coming, was going to be set at the 25 points-equivalent (750 points), as it is in RCCL. And it turns out that that was where it ended being. People could have been working towards that, even though it hadn't been announced. And now that the 750 point Elite Plus level has been indicated (I get that it hasn't been confirmed) I respect that people that missed that new level by one point on the old system might feel a little singed, given that people were given bonus points at the "almost Elite" level. I just have compassion for their position, since people who have committed much less to Celebrity are getting "a hand up" and they are not.

1) those who were one point away from elite are being given extra points so that they can make elite on their next 7 day cruise, even in an inside cabin.

2) Those who are near one of the new levels weren't working toward any benefits so there is no reason to give them extra points.

I think this is extremely fair and well thought out.

If anyone is already elite and close to a new level....congratulations, you now have something to work for...perhaps you will upgrade your next cabin or take another cruise to get those additional perks.

I am sure there are some who will call celebrity and complain or threaten to cancel their cruise because they were close to elite plus, but now it's a little harder to get to...but IMHO that's unreasonable. Sure everyone wants something for ME...but this is a new program and now you have a reason to cruise more with celebrity, the brand you have already chosen.

I don't agree.....it use to be harder to get to Elite and now EVERONE is Elite. The peeps with 740 points get the same as the peeps with (in some cases) less than 300 points. How is that possibly fair???????

But that's for your situation (mine is the same as we are nowhere near the next tier). Do you really think folks made up the language they posted?

Maybe one of the people who posted that can take a screen shot and remove any doubts that some people did, indeed get a small adjustment.

No I don't think one would make up they have bonus points they are just mistaken. I would love to see one of their screen prints with their 30 Extra Bonus Points, but I'm certain that will never ever happen.

Edited by Shake

So my screen shot shows bonus points, are you saying that is wrong and those will be taken away? With the bonus points and the cruses I have booked I will be elite when I would have been in the old system. Without the bonus I would not. It appears they decided to give people with 7, 8 or 9 points bonus to help make sure they hit elite in close to the same number of cruises as before. But maybe they will take the bonus points away before the official start, who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please post your screen print. We all would appreciate you doing so. :)

I don't agree.....it use to be harder to get to Elite and now EVERONE is Elite. The peeps with 740 points get the same as the peeps with (in some cases) less than 300 points. How is that possibly fair???????

So you disagree with the 750 point cut off....ok, where would you have set it? I bet everyone with 400 or more points feel they should have gotten more.

Btw...who gets elite with under 10 old or 300 new points?

Edited by ghstudio

From the posts I have read, it appears that the people who had a booked cruise that would have previously taken them to Elite, were given enough points to insure that it still did. That seems to me to be a very nice thing for them to do. I am not upset that they didn't do it for me.

Also, I saw a post way back on page 6 or 7 or so that implied that you can't get better then Elite status by using Royal points and that you can't get better than Diamond status by using X points. So X Zenith gets Diamond benefits on Royal and Royal Pinnacle gets Elite benefits on X. The higher tiers are reserved for the truly loyal to the individual line.

I agree, my only complaint would be with upcoming booked cruises. If you had booked and paid for a Concierge cabin expecting an extra point, they have now changed that. For a person who has an upcoming paid for 7 day cruise in concierge it would be 35 points. That is much different than the 60 point equivalent points they were expecting when they booked that class of cabin. It would seem more fair if they honored the 30 to one conversion on currently held reservations too.

Hi Joe and Marie,

I agree I think they should at least honor cruises that are already paid for under the 1X30 conversion when the cruise is complete. I'll still make it to elite+ but I was counting on my January cruises to get me there.

Cynthia

So you disagree with the 750 point cut off....ok, where would you have set it? I bet everyone with 400 or more points feel they should have gotten more.

Btw...who gets elite with under 10 old or 300 new points?

No, what I disagree with is only offering bonus points to some and not others.

It's just as fair as those with exactly 10 old points getting the same benefits as those with more than 40 or 50.

And it looks like people who were close to earning an EXISTING higher tier were given a small boost so that they would reach the new tier in about the same time. If everyone within a single 7 (or similar) cruise doesn't get the bump, then that would be unfair.

It comes down to money (doesn't it always? :D). The old program would either have diluted the benefits so that it was too difficult to deliver them (overcrowded Elite Lounge, everyone in the Elite check-in line, etc.) or forced Celebrity to scale them back.

This way, it will be harder for new people to reach the upper levels and that is a risk Celebrity is obviously willing to take. If this program is competitive with other cruise lines, then the gamble will pay off. If it isn't, then some people will change cruise lines. As long I like the Celebrity product, the rewards program is fairly low on the list of my selection criteria.

Edited by bob278

No, what I disagree with is only offering bonus points to some and not others.

There is no reason to give bonus points to someone who is close to a new level. The only reason there are bonus points, as far as I can see, is because folks with 8 or 9 points had booked cruises or might have been planning cruises to make elite and by adding some points, celebrity could make them whole if they go on a 7 day cruise or a 5 day cruise in a higher level cabin.

In your case you didn't book or plan to book to get to a new level....there was no new level. Now that there is, I suspect you'll book cruises to get to the new level

It's just as fair as those with exactly 10 old points getting the same benefits as those with more than 40 or 50.

And it looks like people who were close to earning an EXISTING higher tier were given a small boost so that they would reach the new tier in about the same time. If everyone within a single 7 (or similar) cruise doesn't get the bump, then that would be unfair.

It comes down to money (doesn't it always? :D). The old program would either have diluted the benefits so that it was too difficult to deliver them (overcrowded Elite Lounge, everyone in the Elite check-in line, etc.) or forced Celebrity to scale them back.

This way, it will be harder for new people to reach the upper levels and that is a risk Celebrity is obviously willing to take. If this program is competitive with other cruise lines, then the gamble will pay off. If it isn't, then some people will change cruise lines. As long I like the Celebrity product, the rewards program is fairly low on the list of my selection criteria.

Am I missing something? Did they just not add more Elites into the mix and in Elite Lounge?

Who is mistaken???

<a href=cc_zpsd45530da.jpg' alt='cc_zpsd45530da.

I am twice impressed.

First because they did that to keep folks that were really close to the next EXISTING level still close (and I know some people will feel they were close but missed the threshold - but it had to be cut off somewhere).

And second (and more surprising) is that they were able to do it technically and display it on the website. That's the most impressive thing I've seen on there.

Using the updated guidelines, you can either choose to continue sailing insides or get there more than twice as fast by choosing concierge or above. What's it really worth to you personally to reach that next level?

Inside and Oceanview = 2/day

Veranda = 3/day

CC and Aqua class = 5/day

All above = 8/day

If we could afford to sail concierge class or above we would.

Am I missing something? Did they just not add more Elites into the mix and in Elite Lounge?

I don't think they did. How are you calculating that more elites were created? Maybe I am missing something, but anyone who had 10 or more old points that was Elite is still Elite. Those who were close are still close. Those who were a little further away are now a little more so.

Who is mistaken???

Thank you for posting this!!!! :D

I am one of those only getting the flash and it was SO frustrating to almost be able to read that little box on the bottom left but not quite.

So the bonus points don't really make us Elite early but will keep us within reach after our next cruise. (We're sailing 14 days in Aqua so would have just made it anyways) In our case this is fairer than what I expected!

I don't think they did. How are you calculating that more elites were created? Maybe I am missing something, but anyone who had 10 or more old points that was Elite is still Elite. Those who were close are still close. Those who were a little further away are now a little more so.

look below...they had 9 points total but are now Elite level with extra bonus points

Who is mistaken???

So, you were 1 cruise away from Elite and not you are 1 7-night cruise in an inside cabin away from Elite. You had 3 X cruises booked and planned for the first one to give you Elite status and now is still will do that. As I said before, it was very nice of X to do that for you and I don't feel the least bit cheated that the free stuff you got was better than the free stuff I got, because it's all free stuff and I got some of it.