Captain's Club Website updated NOW

omeinv

Do you think I should be given the BONUS POINT as I am just 1 point short to the next tier and I will be on the transatlantic cruise in a week time?:mad::mad::mad:

Yes!

FYI...even with extra bonus points I would not go to the next level but feel those who are close to ANY next level should be given the same across the board.

I would but it has personal information and I don't have the time to try to figure out how to remove all that like my name, address, # etc. But it shows select and 240 points. I didn't get the specific note of bonus points like other people, but I had 7 points as of yesterday, so 7 x 30 = 210 + 30 = 240.

Same for me...7x30=210+30=240.

Yes!

FYI...even with extra bonus points I would not go to the next level but feel those who are close to ANY next level should be given the same across the board.

I would bet that anyone 1 or 2 cruise away from the next level is given bonus points, so that in the new program they will still be 1 or 2 cruise away from the next tier, which will leave them in the same position they were before the new system. Seems quite fair to me.

Just spoke to a really nice person at the Captain's Club. The website will be updated and and program goes live on Monday.

The conversion is as stated 1 point now equals 30.

Points will be earned daily.

No one lost their current status.

Those like myself that were Elite due to their status on RCI keeps their Elite status but will have to earn the neccessary points to move up to the next level.

Concerning RCI and Celebrity crossing over for benefits. It will still be allowed but capped at Elite and Diamond. For example if you're D+ on RCI or Elite + on X, the highest you could be on the other line will be Diamond or Elite.

Suites

Sky Suite = 8 points per day

Celebrity, Signature or Royal Suite = 12 points per day

Penthouse or Reflection Suite = 16 points per day

I was told some other stuff but I don't remember it all.

Edited by cruisingator2

I would bet that anyone 1 or 2 cruise away from the next level is given bonus points, so that in the new program they will still be 1 or 2 cruise away from the next tier, which will leave them in the same position they were before the new system. Seems quite fair to me.

I just posted this on the other thread:

Did anyone get more than 30 bonus points?

I have friends who booked a 5-day sailing in Aquaclass next week, just to get the 2 points they need to become Elite, before their 16 day transatlantic in April.

As far as I can tell, even with 30 bonus points, they will still be 5 points short to become Elite after next week's cruise.

I am not commenting on the fairness of this system, I was just wondering what the top level of bonus points was.

They are out of town right now so I can't find out how they did on the conversion, but I was wondering if your theory is right, and that they have been given 35 points to bring them up to the 300 they would need to be Elite, which is what they would have been if this conversion had taken place two weeks later (more or less).

I have friends who booked a 5-day sailing in Aquaclass next week, just to get the 2 points they need to become Elite, before their 16 day transatlantic in April.

As far as I can tell, even with 30 bonus points, they will still be 5 points short to become Elite after next week's cruise.

I am not commenting on the fairness of this system, I was just wondering what the top level of bonus points was.

They are out of town right now so I can't find out how they did on the conversion, but I was wondering if your theory is right, and that they have been given 35 points to bring them up to the 300 they would need to be Elite, which is what they would have been if this conversion had taken place two weeks later (more or less).

Sorry, can't answer. The most bonus points someone said they receivce was 30 so far.

Who is mistaken???

p><p>At first glance it looks like they

We are in the same position and we are still Select. What Celebrity is saying is that they are helping you get to Elite with a little bonus.

I've also noticed that everyone with 7 old points is being given 30 bonus new points, everyone with 8 old points is being given 25 bonus new points and everyone with 9 old points is being given 16 bonus new points.

Don't know if it matters but that's what I've noticed.

I think your friends will be fine.

If they needed 2 points to be Elite they were at 8 points. 8 x 30 = 240.

Everyone who had 8 points was given 25 bonus points so that's 265.

Their 5 day cruise in Aqua is 5 x 8 = 40. 265 + 40 = 305

EDIT: Whoops - Aqua is 5 points a day so 5 x 5 =25 and 265 +25 = 290 - They're 10 points short.

Hopefully people are correct about getting points from on board spending!

Sorry!

Edited by chamima

Just spoke to Captain's Club rep. We have 720 points without a bonus. She said that people are only getting bonus points if that takes them to the next level. Well we only need 30 points to get to Elite+, but aren't getting any additional points. She then said we'd get 64 points after our February Century 8 night cruise in a Sky Suite.

Still don't understand why we wouldn't get the bonus now to move us to Elite+.

I think your friends will be fine.

If they needed 2 points to be Elite they were at 8 points. 8 x 30 = 240.

Everyone who had 8 points was given 25 bonus points so that's 265.

Their 5 day cruise in Aqua is 5 x 8 = 40. 265 + 40 = 305

I thought, but am not positive, Aqua class only gets 5 points along with concierge.

Just spoke to Captain's Club rep. We have 720 points without a bonus. She said that people are only getting bonus points if that takes them to the next level. Well we only need 30 points to get to Elite+, but aren't getting any additional points. She then said we'd get 64 points after our February Century 8 night cruise in a Sky Suite.

My guess is Elite Plus didn't exist before so you weren't striving to get there, whereas some with 7, 8 or 9 points were close to achieving Elite status.

Edited by Oville

You will be getting exactly what you expected when you booked and made any final payment. Everyone else with 720 points will also get the same thing. There should be no issue....except everyone always wants more....

I think you should.......720 points is LOYALTY!

Edited by 20pluscruises

My guess is Elite Plus didn't exist before so you weren't striving to get there, whereas some with 7, 8 or 9 points we close to achieving Elite status.

Pardon my for saying so, my intention is not to be argumentative but I really feel that that is a specious argument. Everyone that I know expected that there would be a new Elite Plus level, and that it would be set at 25 points, as on RCCL. And the reality is, they were right. A new level at 750 points was created. I exist in a hotbed of Celebrity cruisers and they were all working just as hard to get to 25 points. What makes their efforts any less worthy than people who only had 8 point?

I feel that Loracpin is just as entitled to bonus points as someone with 8 (240) points. After all, she has spent in the range of 3 times as much to get to 720 points as someone who has gotten to 240 points.

If you are going to give freebie points to some, you should give them to all, and let the chips fall where they may. That's what RCCL did.

I know that after receiving my bonus points, I was not automatically moved up to Elite. I am still where I was before - 1 concierge class cruise away from Elite.