Captain's Club Website updated NOW

omeinv

Progress is slower, we have two cruises booked that would have made us Elite.

Now on these assumptions it will be slower, even if we upgrade cabins, it appears as if we need another two cruises.:D

You may lose out from your bookings. But what I wrote earlier is correct, about progress being faster for those conditions as I replied to.

Obviously your situation is different, and you haven't said what your bookings are. The 14 day example above is different from the 7 day rate earlier.

It doesn't change the situation being referred to. Just your specific bookings. As is often the case, some win, some lose. :D

It doesn't change the situation being referred to. Just your specific bookings. As is often the case, some win, some lose. :D

It's the new American way! The 1% (royal and penthouse suites) gain faster, and the rest of us earn slower! :banghead:

Well, no, you progress faster (or at least the same) in a concierge class or above.

As said before, you'll be laughing if you only travel in Royal suites or similar!

But also as said yesterday for most passengers, it will be slower progress in the new program.

Yes you are right,if you are booked concierge and above you will move faster to the next lever base on a 7 days cruise.

They have set up a very good marketing strategic to promote higher prices cabins.

Actually, on 14 day cruises it will still be slower - unless as mentioned you're in the top grade cabins.

For example, 14 days in inside. Old = 2 credits = 60 points equiv. New prog = 28 points (assuming per day credits)

14 in outside = 2 credits = 60 points equiv. New prog = 28 points (assuming per day credits)

14 in balcony = 2 credits = 60 points equiv. New prog = 42 points (assuming per day credits)

14 in CC = 3 credits = 90 points equiv. New prog = 70 points (assuming per day credits)

In all these situations, for a 14 day cruise, you will progress slower.

It's only in the high end suites that you'll be ahead in the new program.

To be ahead of the game,book a concierge or above cabin for a 7 nights cruise and book a suite or higher for a 14 nights cruise.

Edited by iSailor

Some of you feel that all cruisers are created equal. One books an inside cabin on a Mediterranean cruise and pays $1,199.00. Another books the Penthouse Suite and pays $10,619.00. Which one is more valuable to Celebrity?? Why would they not give one who pays 8 times as much for the same ride not deserve a larger reward? Why does first class on American Airlines gives double miles. Could it be because the ride cost 10 times as much as economy coach?

If you had a candy store, would you sell a 10 ounce bag of candy for the same price as a 2 ounce bag of candy?

Get real! As I said before, X is not in the business of giving away services and product for free. It is not the Celebrity Socialized Cruise Line. They are not obligated to hand out rain checks. They aren't even obligated to follow the booked itineraries let alone have a loyalty program.

Accept what they offer with a smile and spend your effort planning another cruise or an RV trip.

Actually, on 14 day cruises it will still be slower - unless as mentioned you're in the top grade cabins.

For example, 14 days in inside. Old = 2 credits = 60 points equiv. New prog = 28 points (assuming per day credits)

14 in outside = 2 credits = 60 points equiv. New prog = 28 points (assuming per day credits)

14 in balcony = 2 credits = 60 points equiv. New prog = 42 points (assuming per day credits)

14 in CC = 3 credits = 90 points equiv. New prog = 70 points (assuming per day credits)

In all these situations, for a 14 day cruise, you will progress slower.

It's only in the high end suites that you'll be ahead in the new program.

Exactly so; an awful lot of us will have our "earning" power reduced by 50%!

However, and I think this is the point Upwarduk was making, those able by virtue of where they live ,to take short cruises from the US ports will no longer have a considerable advantage in their ability to progress up the tiers over those of us that live in Europe/Asia/Australasia and son on. The new system is much fairer in that respect, although it will now take me longer to reach Elite Plus which may yet turn out to be not worth the effort.

One thing I probably will do is stop booking early, and instead look for specific last minute offers in higher cat cabins.

Some of you feel that all cruisers are created equal. One books an inside cabin on a Mediterranean cruise and pays $1,199.00. Another books the Penthouse Suite and pays $10,619.00. Which one is more valuable to Celebrity?? Why would they not give one who pays 8 times as much for the same ride not deserve a larger reward? Why does first class on American Airlines gives double miles. Could it be because the ride cost 10 times as much as economy coach?

If you had a candy store, would you sell a 10 ounce bag of candy for the same price as a 2 ounce bag of candy?

Get real! As I said before, X is not in the business of giving away services and product for free. It is not the Celebrity Socialized Cruise Line. They are not obligated to hand out rain checks. They aren't even obligated to follow the booked itineraries let alone have a loyalty program.

Accept what they offer with a smile and spend your effort planning another cruise or an RV trip.

Just like someone say,I give you an inch you want a foot.

You nailed it!!! :)

I like Celebrity even more after this new point system. (high5)

I never thought it fair that those in an inside cabin should get the same credits as those booking a suite. Now, thankfully, that's all taken care off.

I also feel with this new system Celebrity has shifted their focus to their future. AND their future being the cruisers in their 30s/40s...who easily can take 2-4 trips a year and probably have a good 35 or 40 years of cruising ahead of them.

Its more important for the survival of a company to keep those people sweet than maybe those in their 70s. Harsh reality but true.

Also, everything about Celebrity and the "Solsticized" screams young crowd.

Well, imho, ofcourse

Edited by I-Cruiser

I never thought it fair that those in an inside cabin should get the same credits as those booking a suite. Now, thankfully, that's all taken care off.

Those in an Inside cabin never got the same points as those in a suite, under the tier credits program just finished.

Those in an Inside cabin never got the same points as those in a suite, under the tier credits program just finished.

True, my bad. It was that 1 point more for suites. But, if I understand correctly those booking a suite in the new system gets more than those in an inside/ov. That is a fair system.

Edited by I-Cruiser

On Silhouette now. Informed that the new program will receive informaion in our cabin tomorrow. Checked my points and at 2550. Advised not to book short cruises as they won't really help. Suites will do very well.counting current cruise toward points, but not others booked and paid for their program, their rules.

Does anyone know if under the new system the elite plus cocktail HOUR will be with the three voucher per person system or the unlimited drinks?

As far as I know nothing is confirmed yet. It is believed Celebrity will roll out the rest of the new Captains Club program tomorrow.

Well, no, you progress faster (or at least the same) in a concierge class or above.

As said before, you'll be laughing if you only travel in Royal suites or similar!

But also as said yesterday for most passengers, it will be slower progress in the new program.

Humbly disagree under the old system a seven night in concierge and above earned two points equivalent to sixty new points. Now a seven night in cc or aqua earns thirty five point. So in those categories you are earning about half as much.

Doing the math a fourteen nightie earns closer to to old method ninety points old seventy points new.

The only categories that will have the same or better earn rates under the new system will be suite guests

Even with their increased earning rate it would take the top suite guest, starting from scratch, one hundred and sixty six sailing days to reach Zenith assuming they keep Zenith at three thousand points. At nearly one thousand per day in the top suites that is one big bill.

You nailed it!!! :)

I also feel with this new system Celebrity has shifted their focus to their future. AND their future being the cruisers in their 30s/40s...who easily can take 2-4 trips a year and probably have a good 35 or 40 years of cruising ahead of them.

Most people in their 30s and 40s are working and don't get enough vacation time to take 2-4 cruises a year. As well, this age group often have children - with the high costs of daycare and other child related expenses, I don't know of many in this age group who can easily take that many cruises.

While I do agree that Celebrity has shifted their focus, I don't feel it's with the new system. The new system favours those who can book the more expensive cabins. Perhaps extra points will be used as part of various booking promotions (i.e. Book by a certain date or book onboard and get x number of bonus points).

Yes you are right,if you are booked concierge and above you will move faster to the next lever base on a 7 days cruise.

They have set up a very good marketing strategic to promote higher prices cabins.

Do the math this is incorrect information. Only higher level suites will earn faster under the new system.

Humbly disagree under the old system a seven night in concierge and above earned two points equivalent to sixty new points. Now a seven night in cc or aqua earns thirty five point. So in those categories you are earning about half as much.

Fair point.

I'd been looking at an 18night, where concierge earns equal in both programs. But in most case, concierge and aqua will also earn less in the new program than they used to, so will take longer to advance.

No but they did get exactly the same as a 1A verandah which probably cost twice as much.

Maybe on the same cruise - but that's not accounting for pricing vagaries where prices in any category can be double or half over the term - yet occupants get the same points even when they paid twice as much!

As for the class example, it could also be said a 3 night 1A did get exactly the same as an 11 night inside, which probably cost twice as much...

Edited by The_Big_M

Having had a day to digest the changes,to me, it appears that Celebrity did a good job with this revision. Their goal was to have a loyalty program that, well , maintains loyalty and was more equitable.

They now reward passengers on a days sailed basis, which is much fairer then the old points system. Who wouldn't agree that seven night cruise is more valuable then a two night cruise? Yet under the old system they earned the same reward.

Celebrity has taken a page from the airline programs which reward miles traveled rather then flights taken. Also they have rewarded at an increased rate those passengers that contribute more to the bottom line I.E. Suite guests. Again airline programs double rewards miles for first class passengers.

Some are going to complain because the old system gave them an advantage in sailing short cruises and earning big rewards. However most everyone agreed that something had to be done as there were far to many Elites for the program to continue unchanged.

In the fairness department Celebrity did not down grade anyone. They could have if in their conversion they used the new formula for past cruises. They allowed everyone to maintain their status and improved status for many of us.

Good job Celebrity! I want you to know there are some here that appreciate your efforts in making the Captains club program viable for years to come!

Edited by maxsales

Maybe on the same cruise - but that's not accounting for pricing vagaries where prices in any category can be double or half over the term - yet occupants get the same points even when they paid twice as much!

As for the class example, it could also be said a 3 night 1A did get exactly the same as an 11 night inside, which probably cost twice as much...

So I guess you are agreeing that the old system was inequitable?

The new system also cures the one inequity of the old system that always bugged me. On a fourteen night cruise aqua class earned three points while they would have earned four on two seven night cruises.