Captain's Club Website updated NOW

omeinv

The system is design to benefit suite guests. Take us as an example. We started as Elite guests thanks to the reciprocity with RCCL where we are D+ Crown and Anchor members. We only have three cruises with Celebrity; 11 nights on a Celebrity Suite on the Equinox, 12 nights CC on the Silhouette and 14 nights on a Royal Suite on the Eclipse. That gives us 8 points with the old system that they converted to 264 points on the new system (240 points + 25 bonus points). On the new system 25 nights on the Celebrity and Royal suites translates to 300 points and the 12 nights on concierge, to 60 points. With the old system we only have 265 but the same cruises will give a new member 360 points for the same cruises. A hundred points difference. :( BTW, I'm not complaining, have always been grateful of being Elite since our first cruise with Celebrity and I just booked a RS on the Reflection for next summer, 132 extra points!!

Just idly turn over a few things in my head and this thought popped up:

On RCL the difference between Diamond and Diamond Plus is 80 points to 175 points, or in other words 95 points to go up a level. Sailing in an inside gives 1 point per night, so a cruiser that books all insides needs 95 nights to go up a tier.

Do the same for Celebrity and the jump in points is 300 to 750 for Elite to Elite Plus. Again sailing in an inside gives (we think) 2 points per night, so 750-300=450 divide by 2 per night gives 225 nights required to progress, quite a difference between the two lines, Celebrity needing an additional 130 nights cruising.

What price RCL modifying there C&A to match next year?

Oh No,I am just one point short.I still stay where I am the same tier as the web site shown.:confused::confused::confused:

Can't they wait for another 2 three weeks to have the changes?

Things might not turn out too bad for you. If you login on the X website and select 'sailing history' you get a sneak (Split second) preview of your level/points in the new layout.

I saw that I was granted an extra 30 points, i.e. 1 extra tier point.

Should that be done in your case, it would mean that you'd be Elite by the time you board your ship.

Web site in My Celebrity used to list my history including all the cruises with dates, cabin, and number of nights. Now it does not. I had 18 credits on the old system. That translates into 540 points on the new system. It still leaves me in elite. I have 2 cruises booked in 2014....both 14 days. January cruise has been paid in full since October. The other cruise is summer 2014. Paid deposit and plane tickets in October. Both are standard verandas. Old system each cruise would get me 2 points. That would be 4 points total or 120 points. On the new system I get 84 points. Some of you may think that is fair. Not me. For cruises booked and paid in full before this announcement, credit should be given to benefit the loyal guest who already paid. For those who say that the more you spend, the more points you should get. My Azamara cruise costs more than double my Celebrity cruise. Same number of nights. Do both cruises get the same 42 points?

Also, as an old time loyal guest, I originally paid to join the Captains Club. For years, every cruise earned one credit regardless of the number of nights. When the credit system was revised the previous time, I lost out. My previous 12 to 14 night cruises were only given one point each.

There should be some way to keep the old loyal guests happy. Perhaps look at the guest history. Recalculate number of sailings and number of nights. Each time there has been a change, the loyal cruisers who sail on longer cruises have lost ground. The people who took those short cruises got ahead. The logic escapes me.

I know that the Captains Club benefits are a way to reward loyal guests. Somehow, each time they change the system, I felt like Celebrity was paying more attention to the people who took shorter cruises.

Things might not turn out too bad for you. If you login on the X website and select 'sailing history' you get a sneak (Split second) preview of your level/points in the new layout.

I saw that I was granted an extra 30 points, i.e. 1 extra tier point.

Should that be done in your case, it would mean that you'd be Elite by the time you board your ship.

Thank you,I will try to forget this and just enjoy my cruise:D:

There's been a lot of discussion about what would happen to the afternoon cocktail party for Elites vs. Elite+ and Zenith but no one has mentioned the Elite breakfast.

I like a cappuccino to start off my day.

So what do all of the great minds on here think will happen to the Elite breakfast when the new program rolls out?

I hope that there is still an elite breakfast. It is something that I truly value. I also like the afternoon reception rather than the voucher system. Those events are so relaxing...and special.

I haven't found the lounge very relaxing at the 5-7 reception. Just too crowded, it was even hard to find a seat on our Hawaiian and Panama Canal cruises. Would have rather had the vouchers. It was great in the beginning but not any more. We had the drink package on the Reflection and loved it.

Edited by lightning bolt

Wow! Celebrity tried to be as fair as possible to those close to a tier and there are still some posters that are not happy. Even if you have booked and paid for cruise or more than one cruise, there is the chance you will cancel. Who knows, you could get sick, the cruise could be cancelled by Celebrity, etc. Why should Celebrity give you points upfront for cruises that you haven't taken. For those of us that were given bonus points, since we were 1 or 2 cruises away, didn't get credit for our booked and paid for cruises, we still have to cruise to get the points to get us to that tier we were so close to, no one just gave us the points to make the next tier. Why should anyone be any different. You booked and paid for cruises and will get your points after you cruise, just like everyone else. Now posters are complaining on how they got points prior to the change where you got extra points for certain classes or length of cruises. You joined the program under the rules that were enforced, so that should be the way you got your points. When they started giving extra points, you got them with that new program and now you are getting points differently with the new program.

It doesn't sound, by all the posts, that anyone was put into a position that they were not in prior to the change.

I feel so sorry for the Captains Club personnel come Monday, I can just imagine these posters yelling at them, because they should be treated differently than everyone else, because they are more loyal.

Based on information posted last night (and already deleted by the moderators) there is no mention of any changes in breakfasts or the elite cocktail events.....it seems that if you are elite or elite plus, they are the same. This pretty much makes sense since there really is no other space to reserve for elite plus's as michael's club is for zeniths (already mostly implemented).

The other details will come out tomorrow. Many are excellent pluses...and yes, there are a few new benefits that are more marketing smoke then value...but that's to be expected.

Wow! Celebrity tried to be as fair as possible to those close to a tier and there are still some posters that are not happy. Even if you have booked and paid for cruise or more than one cruise, there is the chance you will cancel. Who knows, you could get sick, the cruise could be cancelled by Celebrity, etc. Why should Celebrity give you points upfront for cruises that you haven't taken. For those of us that were given bonus points, since we were 1 or 2 cruises away, didn't get credit for our booked and paid for cruises, we still have to cruise to get the points to get us to that tier we were so close to, no one just gave us the points to make the next tier. Why should anyone be any different. You booked and paid for cruises and will get your points after you cruise, just like everyone else. Now posters are complaining on how they got points prior to the change where you got extra points for certain classes or length of cruises. You joined the program under the rules that were enforced, so that should be the way you got your points. When they started giving extra points, you got them with that new program and now you are getting points differently with the new program.

It doesn't sound, by all the posts, that anyone was put into a position that they were not in prior to the change.

I feel so sorry for the Captains Club personnel come Monday, I can just imagine these posters yelling at them, because they should be treated differently than everyone else, because they are more loyal.

I agree. It's not going to be pretty. As I stated earlier, there is no way to make each and every person happy. Someone is always going to feel that they were affected in a negative way. That's life. It's not always fair.

The change will basically leave me where I was before (more or less). I'm at 7 points so now at 240 (210+30 bonus). With our cruise next year (12 night in a family veranda) I was going to very 1 point away from being Elite in the old system. Now after our next cruise I'll be at 276 [240+(3*12)] and missing 24 new points.

If we weren't taking the kids we would have gone concierge and I'd be elite after this cruise but it is what it is.

Now it will probably take an extra cruise after that since I don't always have the time to take a 5 night cruise with work and other vacations etc. (and my cruise after the one next year will prob be RCL bc they have a 3 nighter on Good Friday and that will be a girls trip and I need in on a day when I won't have to take the time off).

Has anyone who doesn't usually have the same numbers as their SO checked if theirs is matching?

Point: People are complaining that earning points on the new program is slower than the old.

Observation: That is based on 1 old point getting 30 new points. Folks, that was a CONVERSION, not matching old to new. Whether or not Celebrity will ever say so in those terms, it was designed to keep current levels across the programs and slow down how many people move to the higher levels.

Point: People say that Celebrity was unfair because they did not give everybody bonus points.

Observation: First off, there had to be some threshold defined. No matter where the line was drawn, there would be a group of people who were just barely left out and they would be unhappy. No way to avoid that, because there was a line defined. Move it up and it satisfies some people but now there is a new group that is close but left behind.

Observation: The anecdotal evidence is that they considered those who were within one cruise (with either 1, 2 or 3 total points) of the next EXISTING level and gave them some bonus points. In most (obviously not all) cases, one more cruise would still earn the promotion.

Opinion: Celebrity has no obligation to provide bonuses to people who assumed they were close to some possible future new tier. How could they know what people were thinking? Sure, many assumed it would look a lot like RCL's (and it does, with some noticeable differences. After all, it is a different company). But even if thae had done something, many people were going to be disappointed. So if I am going to disappoint people no matter what I do, the easiest thing is to do nothing.

Point: People will advance slower under the new program.

Observation: Of course they will. Most discussions prior to the new program admitted it was way too easy to make Elite and Celebrity had to do something. Now they have and (as expected) people are complaining.

Opinion: Most people cruise a particular line because they like the product and are grateful when their repeat business is rewarded/recognized in some fashion (it seems free alcohol is the favorite recognition). I haven't cruised any other line except RCL, but from reading other CC threads, I don't see any other reward program that stands head and shoulders above the Captain's Club. In most cases where people list various benefits, there are pluses and minuses, but nothing overwhelming.

Opinion: Taking the reward program out of the equation, I think Celebrity wins most comparisons. That is subjective and each person has to make their own determination. Only after that comparison has been made and evaluated should any perks be factored in.

These are only my observations/opinions. I do not intend to criticize people who feel they have been short-changed. Their feelings are accurate as to how they perceive the situation and there is no right or wrong way for that.

Boy Celebrity is really sticking it to people who book Inside and Oceanview cabins.

If we could afford to book Concierge Class or higher we would.

Not sure I agree with the new point values.

They aren't "sticking it" to anyone.....they are modifying a free loyalty program. Just like many "can be changed at any time" offers or time limited offers, if things change or time runs out, no one is "sticking it" to anyone when the terms of the offer change. The on-board booking program changed suddenly one day....now the captain's club is changing.

Almost every airline has modified their loyalty program and none have been better for anyone. Perhaps it's time to change the view from "they owe it to me" to "hey, I'm getting something extra, that's very nice. And yes, in every loyalty program, those who use the service more or spend more money get more perks. Why should first class flyers get double points when I fly in coach more and I only get single points....and so on.

Edited by ghstudio

Boy Celebrity is really sticking it to people who book Inside and Oceanview cabins.

The rewards depend on what you spend, just like most recognition programs. Celebrity is not sticking it to anyone, you're not a victim here

They aren't "sticking it" to anyone.....they are modifying a free loyalty program. Just like many "can be changed at any time" offers or time limited offers, if things change or time runs out, no one is "sticking it" to anyone when the terms of the offer change. The on-board booking program changed suddenly one day....now the captain's club is changing.

Almost every airline has modified their loyalty program and none have been better for anyone. Perhaps it's time to change the view from "they owe it to me" to "hey, I'm getting something extra, that's very nice. And yes, in every loyalty program, those who use the service more or spend more money get more perks. Why should first class flyers get double points when I fly in coach more and I only get single points....and so on.

I think we realize that. Isn't it OK, though, that we express our disappointment without getting slammed? I love Celebrity and will be happy with whatever benefits they give me. Am I disappointed that it will take me much longer now to get to E+ than I thought it would? Yes. Will I stop cruising Celebrity? No. As you say, terms can change and they did.

Just how is Celebrity "sticking" it to you?

Are you no longer allowed to eat in MDR with Concierge Class passengers?

Are you no longer allowed to sit on the same loungers by the pool?

Are you no longer allowed to see the entertainment or participate in ship's activities?

Sorry but that phrase really bothers me.

The only thing that has changed is that it will take longer to get some free extras based on what has been spent for the cabin.

You can still get that drink, or still have internet access or still have your laundry done but to get that as a benefit will take longer.

I think we realize that. Isn't it OK, though, that we express our disappointment without getting slammed? I love Celebrity and will be happy with whatever benefits they give me. Am I disappointed that it will take me much longer now to get to E+ than I thought it would? Yes. Will I stop cruising Celebrity? No. As you say, terms can change and they did.

Expressing disappointment is understandable.

A lot of people have expressed disappointment and I feel badly for them.

(And it will take most of us longer than we expected to get to higher levels.)

The phrase "Celebrity is sticking it to....." goes way beyond expressing disappointment.

Edited by chamima

The way of the world is that money talks. Celebrity is about making money. Change is inevitable, but this too will pass. Just remember that if you have your health, you are very lucky indeed! It is only Elite or Elite+...It really isn't that important. It is just a thing that people strive for due to human nature.

By the way, my points keep changing...

Edited by Lastdance

Ok I was upset at first especially since I went from 25 credits on my profile to 19. Well they just said too bad!!! must have been a mistake that you got those 25 credits.

Oh well. I was less upset when I found out it was not recipricle to Diamond Plus.

Ok so now I have to work on both lines to get PLUS.

My problem is with celebrity doing cabin class pts is that I need a handicap cabin for my husband. So if I really want to go on a certain cruise, I am stuck with whatever is available. And most of the time it is inside or outside. I would be willing to pay more, but the upper classes are gone first.

So I thought Remedy I would just use the moneys I saved with the cheaper cabins and pay for the specialty restuarants and more drinks with the difference. Because that is what the new benefits sound like they will be.

My problem is somewhat solved for me.

I don't see it as '"sticking" it to everyone. They are simply basing the points on dollars spent which is fair. Someone spending ten grand verses someone spending two grand for their stateroom should receive more points.

Edited by cruisingator2