We have 8 points

1 point from 7 day Amazmara

2 points from 10 day, on Equinox , Aqu cabin

2 points from a 14 day on Equinox

3 points from a 14 day on Silhouette , Aqu cabin

240 points on new system

25 bonus points

265 points

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385332811.701160.jpg.e3d406ebb883a035f08aef06c7f3d114.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry picture did not work

But it reads 265 points

Edited by Airbalancer

Isn't it funny how the little things become "big things" just because someone decided to change the rules? Bottom Line: this is NOT a big deal, nor is it a life or death situation. It was man made, and no matter what anyone says, Celebrity is in the business of making money! We all look at things through the different lenses that we have acquired throughout our lives, and our experiences have been similar and different. Ever wonder why nothing gets done in Congress? It is so very difficult for some people to agree, but Celebrity is sailing the ship, and the new point program is almost here. The rules are the rules; however, don't let it control you, as it really doesn't matter...life is difficult enough as it is. I do understand the varied comments regarding the program, and I can understand where people are coming from with their comments. People deal with situations differently, and are just expressing their thoughts, concerns and opinions. After all, we are human...

Edited by Lastdance

Great post and agree your observations. :)

Overall Celebrity has done their homework and an overall job well don converting over to a new CC program.

I agree, but am still disappointed that I will not be Elite as soon as I planned (with the future cruises already booked in).:D

Isn't it funny how the little things become "big things" just because someone decided to change the rules? Bottom Line: this is NOT a big deal, nor is it a life or death situation. It was man made, and no matter what anyone says, Celebrity is in the business of making money! We all look at things through the different lenses that we have acquired throughout our lives, and our experiences have been similar and different. Ever wonder why nothing gets done in Congress? It is so very difficult for some people to agree, but Celebrity is sailing the ship, and the new point program is almost here. The rules are the rules; however, don't let it control you, as it really doesn't matter...life is difficult enough as it is. I do understand the varied comments regarding the program, and I can understand where people are coming from with their comments. People deal with situations differently, and are just expressing their thoughts, concerns and opinions. After all, we are human...

Yes.:D

I currently have 3 credits or 90 under the new system. I have a 10 day Christmas cruise on Equinox in a few weeks. I reserved Concierge Class instead of a regular balcony because the 2 old credits would put us at Select. Now, if I'm understanding the new program correctly, I'll only get 50 new points giving me 140 or 10 shy of Select.

Is that correct? If so, that sucks and I'll have a big problem with it. Especially considering how Christmas cruises are like double the price of non-holiday cruises. I don't see any bonus points when I log on.

I lost out when the last conversion took place because I had a 15 day cruise in 2000 but only received 1 credit because I was told it was before the new program.

I spoke with captains club this afternoon we have 4 points converted equals 120

We have a cruise booked for Feb that we booked last spring would have given us Select for our next cruise

So after our next cruise will still be Classic as we will be short 9 points basically told nothing can be done

its principal really and labelling still classic not select

Maybe not a big deal for you. But i spent an extra $1000 for a CC cabin primarily because Celebrity advertises that besides other perks, you get 1 additional captains club credit which would put me into the next tier for my next cruise. Now 3 months after final payment i find that the rules change and i don't get what i paid for. I understand that rules can be changed without notice but if bonuses are being given out for some who are being affected, my situation should be considered. It's only 10 points, much less than the 30 some are getting.

I'll be calling the captains club tomorrow to discuss.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

Maybe not a big deal for you. But i spent an extra $1000 for a CC cabin primarily because Celebrity advertises that besides other perks, you get 1 additional captains club credit which would put me into the next tier for my next cruise. Now 3 months after final payment i find that the rules change and i don't get what i paid for. I understand that rules can be changed without notice but if bonuses are being given out for some who are being affected, my situation should be considered. It's only 10 points, much less than the 30 some are getting.

I'll be calling the captains club tomorrow to discuss.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

It could be a big deal for me if I let it...I think that you should call Captain's Club...it is definitely your right...and I did read where someone was moved to Elite with 30 extra bonus points. Good Luck! I am very much like you with points from the next tier...

Edited by Lastdance

It could be a big deal for me if I let it...I think that you should call Captain's Club...it is definitely your right...and I did read where someone was moved to Elite with 30 extra bonus points. Good Luck! I am very much like you with points from the next tier...

I would question if someone was moved up to Elite with the bonus points. Virtually everyone that said they got bonus points said they still had to do 1 or 2 cruises to move to Elite. The bonus points basically left you where you were before the change. I wonder if they just read the comment that they were close to Elite so they were moved up, but if they looked at their status it probably still said Select.

Please find that post and post at least a pointer here. This is how rumors start....I thought I saw!!!

Celebrity has been very consistent....no one has gotten bonus points to boost them into elite.

Please find that post and post at least a pointer here. This is how rumors start....I thought I saw!!!

Celebrity has been very consistent....no one has gotten bonus points to boost them into elite.

I agree. As far as I have seen nobody gained or lost a level over this conversion weekend. The bonus points appear to have been given to keep people within some pre-defined striking distance of the next tier (up to Elite but not beyond) relatively close to that same required effort.

I also saw that post, but since I had the same exact wording, I asked what their status said and the poster said Elite. But I would question if they looked at their status or just the message.

Here was the message with regard to the bonus points: In the conversion, you were so close to Elite level, we moved you up by awarding you bonus points.

Here was the posters post: I had 9 credits with Celebrity = 270 points.

Since we were only 1 point away from being Elite (in our own right:)) Celebrity gave us 16 points making our new credits 286.

In the conversion, you were so close to Elite level, we moved you up by awarding you bonus points.

So, according to Celebrity Elite is not at 300 points....???

I questioned it, because they have 286 points like other posters who are saying they are one cruise away with 286 points. Don't believe Celebrity would up one customer that had less than 300 points and not up everyone who had 286 or more points.

Edited by NLH Arizona

Hi Bob

I'm glad we are, hopefully, now Elite Plus, not that it makes a big difference since it will take the rest of our lives to make "Zenith".

Now that's a big jump for those who do book concierge, suites, etc. Gaining points from 2999 to 3000 is a big deal to some but won't affect our cruising.

I just wish they would put things in writing before everyone gets so upset. To put this on the web site and now remove it makes folks annoyed and I can completely understand that.

Let's see what comes out this week. If you recall that ad that we all objected to, it disappeared and was re-structured quickly.

This is a corporate decision and I can see them getting things screwed up royally. They can't count little points, can you imagine them trying to add, multiply and make any sense of this? Miami customer service is known for messing everything up so all I can say is, good luck everyone.

Pat

I feel for the Captain's Club reps. They deserve a bonus for what they will endure over the next few weeks.

Since I'm sure they will be only hearing from those that feel the change is negative, I think I'll send an email to Michael Bayley telling him that I think they did a great job with the new program. They need to hear the positive, as well as the negative.

Since I'm sure they will be only hearing from those that feel the change is negative, I think I'll send an email to Michael Bayley telling him that I think they did a great job with the new program. They need to hear the positive, as well as the negative.

I agree...they get an A for program design....and grandfathering everyone...as well as adjusting so those that needed one more cruise to get to an announced level. They get a D on roll out....earned by their IT department.

In my mind, There is one problem area which hopefully they will address tomorrow...folks past their final payment date who had a reasonable expectation of getting old cruise points. Let's see what comes out...

Edited by ghstudio

But Celebrity gives Elite's a 10% discount to make up for the lack of the benefits. Good deal IMO.

And that's been my main goal to reach Elite ... to get that 10% discount and finally take the Galapagos cruise. We had 7 credits, now have 240 points after the 30 point bonus they gave us which means we are still within one cruise of achieving our goal. I wonder if they look at sailing history (length of cruises and/or cabin category) to determine any bonus? Just a thought.............

I thought I saw...shouldn't you have put that in blue? Just because someone says it on CC, doesn't mean it's true either! So, now I'm starting rumors...what is your problem? You are very rude, in my opinion, with your words.:eek:

I called the Captains Club and they confirmed that even though my cruise in 3 weeks would have made us both Select under the old system, the new system leaves us 10 points short. And they also said that they are giving bonus points for people in my situation but only for those between Select and Elite, not Classic and Select. And there's nothing they can do.

Really annoyed now. They should grandfather people in my situation or provide bonus points just like they're doing to get to Elite.

I wouldn't be as frustrated if I knew this 3 months ago when I made final payment and could change my mind about the extra cost of Concierge Class. But now it's too late and the perks that they advertised are being taken away. That's called false advertising in my opinion.

I followed it up with an email and will continue to correspond with Celebrity and probably Michael Bayley, the President/CEO until this is fixed.

I called the Captains Club and they confirmed that even though my cruise in 3 weeks would have made us both Select under the old system, the new system leaves us 10 points short. And they also said that they are giving bonus points for people in my situation but only for those between Select and Elite, not Classic and Select. And there's nothing they can do.

Really annoyed now. They should grandfather people in my situation or provide bonus points just like they're doing to get to Elite.

I wouldn't be as frustrated if I knew this 3 months ago when I made final payment and could change my mind about the extra cost of Concierge Class. But now it's too late and the perks that they advertised are being taken away. That's called false advertising in my opinion.

I followed it up with an email and will continue to correspond with Celebrity and probably Michael Bayley, the President/CEO until this is fixed.

I feel your disappointment.

I do not cruise for the Captains Club perks (or the status) but it does contribute to the cruise experience and is in the consideration when choosing cruises. Having something taken away (no matter how small) creates disappointment.:(