Captain's Club Website updated NOW

omeinv

To NLH Arizona - just a quick question off topic - your dog is adorable - what breed is he/she.

Secondly, to everyone: I think Celebrity has done a great job of putting this together. So many people complained that they needed to make it harder to achieve these extra benefits (too many Elites) and that there should be higher levels. Now so many are complaining about exactly what was asked for. I ask you - can Celebrity ever win with this group?!

IMO some of the nasty comments below are actually hurting Celebrity.

Let me get this straight....someone will feel poorly treated because others who cruised Celebrity much more than they did will get a higher tier because they earned it. And this someone feels poorly because others are getting benefits that person didn't earn by cruising as much as those getting the benefits, and the Line is suppose to give that particular person more points they didn't earn so they get the bene's others are getting because they cruised on that Line more.

OK, got it. I'm sure Corporate will jump right on that.

Den

Love it!

I apoligize in advance...

I can't believe all the whining on here. I am not talking about the individuals just being dissapointed and expressing it....

I have an upcoming cruise in Dec, I honestly hope that I won't have anybody come to me and complain & whine about the Captain's club changes during the cruise.... it would get me really mad!

The system seems fair to me. When we think about it, the loyalty program is such a small percentage of the experience. It's not the thought of having a couple of free drinks... internet or laundry that will change anything to my cruise experience. I could even care less about having a title (Elite plus, zenith or whatever) to make me feel special or better! (I am already special :eek:... haha)

I don't understand some people that will take something very small and make it soooo huge that their whole experience become a disaster!

I plan in having a wonderful cruise... I am sure I will have so many great memories to tell upon my return and my cruise experience with Celebrity will be amazing as usual. :cool:

I apoligize in advance...

I can't believe all the whining on here. I am not talking about the individuals just being dissapointed and expressing it....

I have an upcoming cruise in Dec, I honestly hope that I won't have anybody come to me and complain & whine about the Captain's club changes during the cruise.... it would get me really mad!

The system seems fair to me. When we think about it, the loyalty program is such a small percentage of the experience. It's not the thought of having a couple of free drinks... internet or laundry that will change anything to my cruise experience. I could even care less about having a title (Elite plus, zenith or whatever) to make me feel special or better! (I am already special :eek:... haha)

I don't understand some people that will take something very small and make it soooo huge that their whole experience become a disaster!

I plan in having a wonderful cruise... I am sure I will have so many great memories to tell upon my return and my cruise experience with Celebrity will be amazing as usual. :cool:

Well said! Who cares?!? I don't plan on doing the laundry or being on the internet! Its vacation! I do that crap at home all the time! I want to meet fun people, eat, drink and dance!

Well said! Who cares?!? I don't plan on doing the laundry or being on the internet! Its vacation! I do that crap at home all the time! I want to meet fun people, eat, drink and dance!

Hahaha! It's so true that we keep doing this crap at home.

I am also happy that the internet/phone are sooo expensive... on my last all inclusive vacation, I kept peeking at my cell phone every few hours to check my work emails! Crazy... I could not stop!

Now there is no chance that I will ever look at my emails or call my boss at $7.50 a minute onboard... I love sailing :D

I don't feel it's about the free crap...well, for me it's not. Last time I made it to the Captains Club (2001?) they served frothy lemon champagne drinks (yuk), the time doesn't work for late seating, don't use the internet or the laundry. Most likely won't benefit from the next level either since we get better service NOT having the beverage package (extra tip probably helps) It's the wording "Loyalty" that bothers me.

However, the one plus with Captains Club is booking directly through Celebrity....better stateroom choices.

I specifically asked Captain's club yesterday about double credit for solo cruisers and the answer was no. I too told them that Princess gives the credit.

Last year I took a last minute flight on American to insure that I would make Platinum. That meant double air miles all of this year. If you can't afford to play the game or pay for the gas, you are in the wrong game or wrong car.

I specifically asked Captain's club yesterday about double credit for solo cruisers and the answer was no. I too told them that Princess gives the credit.

Last year I took a last minute flight on American to insure that I would make Platinum. That meant double air miles all of this year. If you can't afford to play the game or pay for the gas, you are in the wrong game or wrong car.

Wait...if there is 4 in a room they each get the points, right? Even though the 3rd and 4th guest pays way less?

I don't feel it's about the free crap...well, for me it's not. Last time I made it to the Captains Club (2001?) they served frothy lemon champagne drinks (yuk), the time doesn't work for late seating, don't use the internet or the laundry. Most likely won't benefit from the next level either since we get better service NOT having the beverage package (extra tip probably helps) It's the wording "Loyalty" that bothers me.

However, the one plus with Captains Club is booking directly through Celebrity....better stateroom choices.

Your post is very confusing. What do you mean by Captain's Club in 2001 and it frothy lemon champagne drinks and the time doesn't work for late seating.? Also, why do you get better service not having the beverage package? Lastly, why does the word Loyalty bother you?

RE: Booking with Celebrity directly. It doesn't necessarily mean you get a better cabin than booking elsewhere.

Sorry, but I don't understand the point of your post other than you are disappointed with the new program.

Edited by Oville

Not sure what you are referring to. The Elite Social hr wasn't active in 2001, and they have a pretty good choice of general drinks; Elite social time was changed so it wouldn't start so early and is perfect for Late Seating. those of us who choose early seating leave half way through the social time. Not a biggie for me since two drinks is more than enough.

if you don't care about any of the benefits of the various tiers then what is the point of your concern? If it's just 'wording', why worry about it? I think I'm missing the 'point' of why you care how they have set up the new tiers and point system.

Den

As I've said before, each person in the room gets credits. You get yours and your imaginary friend gets theirs....and it's nice that you were willing to pay for your imaginary friend's cruise.

If they did combine both points for just you, then there would be no reason not to allow couples to say...I don't want the points, give them to my spouse...and build up one person's points.

I can certainly understand your point of view, but the above is how celebrity views it.....

As I've said before, each person in the room gets credits. You get yours and your imaginary friend gets theirs....and it's nice that you were willing to pay for your imaginary friend's cruise.

If they did combine both points for just you, then there would be no reason not to allow couples to say...I don't want the points, give them to my spouse...and build up one person's points.

I can certainly understand your point of view, but the above is how celebrity views it.....

Imaginary friends :confused:

Edited by MicCanberra

So I guess you are agreeing that the old system was inequitable?

I didn't say anything about equity either way.

The new program is however not perfectly equitable, if that is the sole yardstick. There are of course multiple ways to measure.

The new system also cures the one inequity of the old system that always bugged me. On a fourteen night cruise aqua class earned three points while they would have earned four on two seven night cruises.

Perhaps, but there are other inequities embedded, that may bother some others.

I don't see it as '"sticking" it to everyone. They are simply basing the points on dollars spent which is fair. Someone spending ten grand verses someone spending two grand for their stateroom should receive more points.

But they're not actually. They're basing it on cabin occupied.

It's not very hard to find the per night price for the same cabin vary by 3 or more times. I've seen insides go for $300/night. And I've seen insides go for <$100/night. And many know that the same cabin can go up and down in price on the same cruise.

The program has changed to cabin occupied. It has not changed to dollars spent.

Just as the old saying goes.....You get what you pay for. More $$$ spent more perks. Just thankful they still continue loyalty programs at all with the economy situation.

Economy's on the up for their market.

They continue the loyalty programs as it's in their benefit to - not as a charitable act.

Facts? The fact was an inside was $499 yet your response was well not all insides are 499. That is twisting. The fact was the 499.

You can look at any cruise you want and a penthouse suite will always be at least ten times the cost of any inside and probably Oceanview as well.

Just checked a cruise, and the penthouse is 10573 and the interiors to oceanviews range from 1499 - 1816. (Reflection 26/9/14)

That's a multiple of 5.8 to 7 times.

This is one of those things where you need to do a statistical analysis, rather than just throw broadsides after a single example.

As mentioned above, instead of 60 points we will get 42 for the first booked cruise. For the second instead of 60 points we will get 35. That is a deficit of 43 points.:(

Yes, that's a specific example. It doesn't change what I'd written - it in fact proves it - so not sure why you repeated it. :confused:

I currently have 3 credits or 90 under the new system. I have a 10 day Christmas cruise on Equinox in a few weeks. I reserved Concierge Class instead of a regular balcony because the 2 old credits would put us at Select. Now, if I'm understanding the new program correctly, I'll only get 50 new points giving me 140 or 10 shy of Select.

Is that correct? If so, that sucks and I'll have a big problem with it. Especially considering how Christmas cruises are like double the price of non-holiday cruises. I don't see any bonus points when I log on.

Yes, your calculation is correct, so you will be one of many disadvantaged with existing bookings.

And you're quite right at the price surcharge. Despite the claims of some that this program now 'removes the old inequity' and that it's all about paying more and getting more, it doesn't achieve that.