Captain's Club Website updated NOW

omeinv

As I've said before, each person in the room gets credits. You get yours and your imaginary friend gets theirs....and it's nice that you were willing to pay for your imaginary friend's cruise.

If they did combine both points for just you, then there would be no reason not to allow couples to say...I don't want the points, give them to my spouse...and build up one person's points.

I can certainly understand your point of view, but the above is how celebrity views it.....

Nevertheless, their parent/sister company RCL now give double points for solos cruising.

So long as the new scheme keeps the majority of people down and makes it harder for them to devalue the highest tier and eclipse those of us who have done lots of cruises then it's a good thing :)

I little harsh but I do understand the sentiment expressed, far to many Elite members whose shall we say social standing and behavior does not warrant the title elite, hopefully the Zenith get together's will return to a gentle sensible conversation exchanging views over a quality glass of champers and nibbles.

Just checked a cruise, and the penthouse is 10573 and the interiors to oceanviews range from 1499 - 1816. (Reflection 26/9/14)

That's a multiple of 5.8 to 7 times.

This is one of those things where you need to do a statistical analysis, rather than just throw broadsides after a single example.

Why do you have to do a range? Lowest inside, even a guarantee, earns two points per day cruised. Thus it is fair to measure lowest available faire vs penthouse for a ratio.

I am certain you can find an example or two of this lowest to highest ration being less then nine to one but I believe the majority will exceed nine to one.

Edited by maxsales

I apoligize in advance...

I can't believe all the whining on here. I am not talking about the individuals just being dissapointed and expressing it....

I have an upcoming cruise in Dec, I honestly hope that I won't have anybody come to me and complain & whine about the Captain's club changes during the cruise.... it would get me really mad!

The system seems fair to me. When we think about it, the loyalty program is such a small percentage of the experience. It's not the thought of having a couple of free drinks... internet or laundry that will change anything to my cruise experience. I could even care less about having a title (Elite plus, zenith or whatever) to make me feel special or better! (I am already special :eek:... haha)

I don't understand some people that will take something very small and make it soooo huge that their whole experience become a disaster!

I plan in having a wonderful cruise... I am sure I will have so many great memories to tell upon my return and my cruise experience with Celebrity will be amazing as usual. :cool:

Good post and spot on.

I will be Select on my next cruise and after that Elite so what ?

I have purchased the Premium drinks package so that I can drink when ever I chose to not have to guzzle some drink's at a pre ordained time to save money later on.

All the other stuff is not worth bothering about and I fail to see what the real issues are apart from an inverted snobbery by some posters who are desperate to state they are Elite .

I have read all the arguments about a nice meeting place to share stories about cruises with fellow club member's etc. But the ship itself has so many nice eating and drinking venues that a conversation about absolutley anything can be started by all cruisers not just those who are elite or whatever.

I am glad I can afford to cruise and don't mind paying for the extras when I chose them or need them, i.e. internet access. I would rather Celelbrity spend more time thinking of ways to increase customer satisfaction and not reduce the overall package for all cruiser's onboard thier ships.

Scotslizzy

Why do you have to do a range? Lowest inside, even a guarantee, earns two points per day cruised. Thus it is fair to measure lowest available faire vs penthouse for a ratio.

I did a range because you talked about insides and oceanviews. They are not the same price, hence a range.

I am certain you can find an example or two of this lowest to highest ration being less then nine to one but I believe the majority will exceed nine to one.

I have no idea what the average ratio is, but I won't make sweeping statements proclaiming it is one way or another.

But they're not actually. They're basing it on cabin occupied.

It's not very hard to find the per night price for the same cabin vary by 3 or more times. I've seen insides go for $300/night. And I've seen insides go for <$100/night. And many know that the same cabin can go up and down in price on the same cruise.

The program has changed to cabin occupied. It has not changed to dollars spent.

I don't agree but we can agree to disagree. It does come down to dollars spent. The higher the category stateroom the higher the cost on most cruises. Yes they are exceptions but that is not the norm.

To NLH Arizona - just a quick question off topic - your dog is adorable - what breed is he/she.

Secondly, to everyone: I think Celebrity has done a great job of putting this together. So many people complained that they needed to make it harder to achieve these extra benefits (too many Elites) and that there should be higher levels. Now so many are complaining about exactly what was asked for. I ask you - can Celebrity ever win with this group?!

It is not a picture of my dog, eventhough she looked identical when she was little (couldn't figure out how to upload her actual picture). She is an Old English Sheepdog. She is now 2 1/2 years old and 78 pounds of energy!!!

You are right on - they wanted it, they got it and now they don't like it.

People who list their past and future cruises will tell you it's done only to help them track their experiences. It has nothing to do with snobbery. Do you believe that?

I admit to being a snob when it comes to table manners and the use of proper English but not so much with listing past cruises. :) To each his own, I guess.

Edited by BosoxI

Not at all ... just making the point that it's people like you and us who got to the top the fair way and now we need to protect our position - when everyone was Elite we didn't get the recognition, now we will.

And of course it's about snobbery ... why else would people list their future cruises (you're boasting about your next four!), their past cruises (far too many to list - and who cares anyway, it's just showing off!), and their status in their footer.

I don't really care what others think, I just want recognition from the crew and officers, better perks, and to be at a level that others can't easily reach.:D

I could care less if the crew and officers know what level I am--or anyone else for that matter. We have always been given impeccable service by the crew, and I'd rather not hobnob with the officers--I don't understand that need. If you really are Zenith, I'm very glad. We wouldn't want such snobs mixing with us riff raff anyway. So we will both be very happy.

People who list their past and future cruises will tell you it's done only to help them track their experiences. It has nothing to do with snobbery. Do you believe that?

I admit to being a snob when it comes to table manners and the use of proper English but not so much with listing past cruises. :) To each his own, I guess.

Manners Maketh Man I totally agree, regrettably table manners and manners in general have declined to such a degree now than when cruising only with my partner we tend to either dine as a couple or make extensive use of the specialty restaurants. Hopefully with Zenith the lounge situation will also improve,so many boring loud people.

I apoligize in advance...

I can't believe all the whining on here. I am not talking about the individuals just being dissapointed and expressing it....

I have an upcoming cruise in Dec, I honestly hope that I won't have anybody come to me and complain & whine about the Captain's club changes during the cruise.... it would get me really mad!

The system seems fair to me. When we think about it, the loyalty program is such a small percentage of the experience. It's not the thought of having a couple of free drinks... internet or laundry that will change anything to my cruise experience. I could even care less about having a title (Elite plus, zenith or whatever) to make me feel special or better! (I am already special :eek:... haha)

I don't understand some people that will take something very small and make it soooo huge that their whole experience become a disaster!

I plan in having a wonderful cruise... I am sure I will have so many great memories to tell upon my return and my cruise experience with Celebrity will be amazing as usual. :cool:

Enjoy your cruise and do not let the Whiners steal your joy! There's other cruise lines that would love to have all of the unhappy loyal Celebrity Captain's Club Members. If I cruised for the perks, I would only cruise the line that gives me the most perks. I am still a happy Celebrity Cruiser and it remains my line of choice!

I could care less if the crew and officers know what level I am--or anyone else for that matter. We have always been given impeccable service by the crew, and I'd rather not hobnob with the officers--I don't understand that need. If you really are Zenith, I'm very glad. We wouldn't want such snobs mixing with us riff raff anyway. So we will both be very happy.

I'm with you, I'm also riff raff and could care less if crew or officers know who I am or how many cruises I've been on, just want to continue to get the excellent service I've alwys gotten on Celebrity.

I'm with you, I'm also riff raff and could care less if crew or officers know who I am or how many cruises I've been on, just want to continue to get the excellent service I've alwys gotten on Celebrity.
I do like it if the bar waiters know who I am. :cool:

I do like it if the bar waiters know who I am. :cool:

That's an easy one. Have them join your presidents club and give them a picture of George or Abe to remember you by. :D:D:D

Edited by maxsales
Word usage

I can see my new personal information on-line (full sailing history page) but only using Internet Explorer 11 on my laptop which I downloaded last night. There is no updated Capt Club program information. The Google Chrome web browser still momentarily flashes the information.

Edited by mahdnc

Don't tell me you're not fixated on the perks and status and trying to impress - that's why you list your future cruises. As for not hobnobbing - whatever it takes to justify it to yourself and your biscuits. Just you keep repeating that you could care less :p. You've looked jealously at the Captain's table on other ships! Remember, I don't care ... so long as the riffraff are kept in their place and don't devalue what I've got.

(And the faster they convert Michael's Club on Eclipse and get rid of that awful pianist the better.)

Well this is a rather different can of worms. You know there are a lot of Perry lovers reading this as we speak.;)

I love Celebrity and all it offers. Have been sailing with them since 1992. What cabin we get depends on what we can afford at the time. Never an inside but that's just my choice. :D

Edited by lightning bolt

Don't tell me you're not fixated on the perks and status and trying to impress - that's why you list your future cruises. As for not hobnobbing - whatever it takes to justify it to yourself and your biscuits. Just you keep repeating that you could care less :p. You've looked jealously at the Captain's table on other ships! Remember, I don't care ... so long as the riffraff are kept in their place and don't devalue what I've got.

(And the faster they convert Michael's Club on Eclipse and get rid of that awful pianist the better.)

I think your posts are hilarious. You have posted 4 times and tried to be as provocative as possible. It is all just so much hot air. Unfortunately you have succeeded in what you set out to do by upsetting people who obviously don't have your wealth or vacation time. Shame.

Frankly, I'm disgusted with the new scheme. I've been taking short, last-minute cruises around the Caribbean for years. I always have an inside cabin, and I've accrued a lot of points, and I'm Zenith.

Why should a suite get more points under the new system? Just because they pay more? They haven't done as many cruises as we have. They're not recognised by the crew. Elite is about recognition, and Elite+/Zenith are about more recognition. I like the fact that Zenith level will be a very exclusive club and there won't be the influx of new people who have only done a few cruises and don't know how to behave.

Also, I hope we get a badge (like RC) so all the crew and officers can see we're Zenith.

Yeah, right. 100 cruises or so on Celebrity and this is your first post on Cruise Critic?

I sure you will find some that will fall for you false posts and I guess that will make you happy.