Captain's Club Website updated NOW

omeinv

The web site is now working on Firefox.

I thought priority tender tickets were a perk of Elite. I did not see it on the list. Did they take it away?

They were. There also was a free wine tasting event. I don't remember if there was anything else or not, but the list was a lot longer.

The wine tasting is under Select benefits.

The priority tender tickets aren't mentioned anywhere.

Since some things are repeated as levels increase and some are not, I think that some extra proofreading might have been helpful before these pages were released.

Didn't anyone else wonder if that one item of dry cleaning that's repeated in the Elite+ means one more than Elite or is just a repeat?

The old list of benefits said something like "All the benefits of (fill in with all of the levels under the one being discussed) plus...."

Edited by chamima

Someone on Facebook complained about losing benefits too. Celebrity's answer was that none of the benefits we had before have changed--the website will be updated later! :rolleyes: Are we surprised? NOOOOOO!:D

It's a real firestorm over on Facebook....Celebrity is not getting much love. There are some posters who are happy with the changes, but more posts, and quite inflamed posts, by people who are not happy. There is quite a lot of misinformation being posted on Facebook, as well, so I am always grateful for Cruise Critic, where I think you have the best chance of getting accurate information, or having misinformation quickly addressed.

As concerns the way the new benefits have been posted on the Celebrity website, I give the content & implementation people a "C-". They have not been at all rigorous in the way they have listed the benefits. Sometimes they bring the benefits forward from the previous tier, sometimes they do not.

And what does "Many of the benefits of the (insert previous level) membership, plus..." intend to convey? "Many of" means "not all of", and if that is the case, which ones are not included? Celebrity keeps insisting that no benefits are being lost. If that is the case, why say "Many of the benefits..."? . Just say "All of the benefits of the previous level, plus..." Unless, of course, that is not the case.

I think the programme has been pretty well thought out by Celebrity (with one exception which I won't go into here), but in the communication thereof, not so much.

Edited by elena7seas

I've always thought that counting nights and more points for more expensive accommodations booked was the fairest thing to do.

However, their conversion of old cruise histories is awful. Missed both of my PS, half of my RS and only counted 1 SS out of 4.

Good thing, I guess, I've kept all those cruise cards all these years.

Somewhere along the line, I was reimbursed the $35 paid for membership. Don't remember how though.... obc probably.

I've always thought that counting nights and more points for more expensive accommodations booked was the fairest thing to do.

However, their conversion of old cruise histories is awful. Missed both of my PS, half of my RS and only counted 1 SS out of 4.

Good thing, I guess, I've kept all those cruise cards all these years.

Somewhere along the line, I was reimbursed the $35 paid for membership. Don't remember how though.... obc probably.

What are PS , RS and SS?

Were all these cruises showing on your sailing history before the conversion? Were your cruise points correct last week?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

No assumption, I have two cruises booked! I'm in aqua class and on 14+nights so that's 60 points total for both cruises.

Monica

By my calculations 14 x 5 = 70 points not 60 and it is my understanding that the actual number of cruise days is used in the calculation and a 14+ day cruise would not be capped at 14 days, but would use the actual number of nights such as 16, 17, etc.

Dean

They were. There also was a free wine tasting event. I don't remember if there was anything else or not, but the list was a lot longer.

Recent wine tastings for Captain's Club members featured rather mundane wines. The wine tasting with the good wines was the one that required payment.

I also didn't see the afternoon tea. Did they take that away, too.

Recent wine tastings for Captain's Club members featured rather mundane wines. The wine tasting with the good wines was the one that required payment.

I also didn't see the afternoon tea. Did they take that away, too.

Afternoon tea was still on there, I thought. Anyway, on Facebook Celebrity said that we will still get all the old Elite benefits--they just haven't completed updating the web page. :rolleyes:

It's a real firestorm over on Facebook....Celebrity is not getting much love. There are some posters who are happy with the changes, but more posts, and quite inflamed posts, by people who are not happy. There is quite a lot of misinformation being posted on Facebook, as well, so I am always grateful for Cruise Critic, where I think you have the best chance of getting accurate information, or having misinformation quickly addressed.

As concerns the way the new benefits have been posted on the Celebrity website, I give the content & implementation people a "C-". They have not been at all rigorous in the way they have listed the benefits. Sometimes they bring the benefits forward from the previous tier, sometimes they do not.

And what does "Many of the benefits of the (insert previous level) membership, plus..." intend to convey? "Many of" means "not all of", and if that is the case, which ones are not included? Celebrity keeps insisting that no benefits are being lost. If that is the case, why say "Many of the benefits..."? . Just say "All of the benefits of the previous level, plus..." Unless, of course, that is not the case.

I think the programme has been pretty well thought out by Celebrity (with one exception which I won't go into here), but in the communication thereof, not so much.

I think this was done to deal with the increasing benefits like Internet and Laundry. For instance an Elite Plus does not get the Elite 90 free minutes and Elite + 200 free minutes. 200 free minutes sounds better than 110 additional minutes I guess. I do agree that the many comment leads to questions.

I am pleased with the new program. My 24 old points converted to 720 new points just short of Elite+. I will earn enough points on my next cruise in January to move to the next level.

Were all these cruises showing on your sailing history before the conversion? Were your cruise points correct last week?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

All the cruises are there.. even a couple I forgot I did. Geesh.. what a memory!

I never paid much attention to them as I was at Elite level years before they even went with the tiered system.

I printed out all the pages of cruises....some did not have the right categories - but even at that......when I used their categories and the new point system... it didn't match the amount of new points they said I had. Then when I made the correction for the mislabeled categories....it is really off.

I'll call them when the furor has died down and I feel like making copies of backup material to prove their inaccuracies.

The web site is now working on Firefox.

I thought priority tender tickets were a perk of Elite. I did not see it on the list. Did they take it away?

They are still included....just not listed yet!

That was the answer that was given in a Q&A in another media....:D:)

BILL

The wine tasting is under Select benefits.

The priority tender tickets aren't mentioned anywhere.

Since some things are repeated as levels increase and some are not, I think that some extra proofreading might have been helpful before these pages were released.

Didn't anyone else wonder if that one item of dry cleaning that's repeated in the Elite+ means one more than Elite or is just a repeat?

The old list of benefits said something like "All the benefits of (fill in with all of the levels under the one being discussed) plus...."

I just asked on Facebook Celebrity page if priority tendering was still available for elite and above and the answer was yes.

All the cruises are there.. even a couple I forgot I did. Geesh.. what a memory!

I never paid much attention to them as I was at Elite level years before they even went with the tiered system.

I printed out all the pages of cruises....some did not have the right categories - but even at that......when I used their categories and the new point system... it didn't match the amount of new points they said I had. Then when I made the correction for the mislabeled categories....it is really off.

I'll call them when the furor has died down and I feel like making copies of backup material to prove their inaccuracies.

The only conversion effort was to multiply your total points by 30. If you had a 12+-day cruise in any CC or higher, the max points was 3. Penthouse or Royal Suites were worth nothing more then and would not be considered in the conversion. Other than your proving they did not correctly show each cruise at 1, 2 or 3 points under the rules that existed at the time of the cruise, I don't think you will have much luck.

I took our 44 points and applied the new system to each cruise and we "lost" 89 points. But to tell the truth, I don't see that we'll ever get within 89 points of Zenith so it isn't worth any excitement on my part. And I don't think it is reasonable to expect that they would recalculate old cruises to a new criteria. They converted everyone so that nobody lost an existing level and then tried to ensure that those who were close to elite (the only real major change in benefits from one level to the next) were still at least relatively close. I don't think we should have expected much more than that.

Other than showing that they mis-calculated an old cruise and gave you fewer points than you should have had, I don't think you are going to have much success. But I wish you well in your efforts.

Are you saying they should have taken each of your old cruises and converted them using the new point system? That didn't happen for anyone. The conversion was 1 credit = 30 points. A few folks got some bonus points, but that's all.

I humbly suggest that you may have missed the explanation of the conversion. Celebrity simply took your old CC points and multiplied by thirty. They didn't repoint all of your prior cruises using the new values. If you had 20 old points however earned you now have 600 new points.

We are on Century currently and at an Elite event today the Capt’s Club hostess provided details of their new program which is now available online.

The conversion from old cruise credits to the new day credits is the old credits you had times thirty and anyone currently on a cruise has already been given their credits using the conversion from the old to the new. For example we are on a 15 night cruise in a concierge cabin so we got 90 (30 X 3) new credits for this cruise added to 30 times the cruise credit we had prior to this cruise.

My history and points are correct. :)

I am still missing an upcoming cruise. Cannot get into reservation no matter which way I try. Even tried to add it on My Cruises to no avail. I need to call as soon as all this other mess dies down. Still have a little time before final payment.

Plus, I also learned that they had my email address wrong,. No wonder I never get emails from Celebrity.

My history and points are correct. :)

I am still missing an upcoming cruise. Cannot get into reservation no matter which way I try. Even tried to add it on My Cruises to no avail. I need to call as soon as all this other mess dies down. Still have a little time before final payment.

Plus, I also learned that they had my email address wrong,. No wonder I never get emails from Celebrity.

That would do it.:D

Just got an email from Celebrity announcing the new program, including my current number of points.

Weird, I and others in my family didn't get them.

Then again, Celebrity's always been sporadic with e-mail. (And yes, my address is right, and I have received various other e-mails over time with them.)