Captain's Club Website updated NOW

omeinv

Sailing in an inside/ocean view: 2 points

Sailing in a veranda: 3 points

Concierge class/aqua class: 5 points

Sky, aqua class or century suite: 8

Celebrity, signature or royal suite: 12

reflection or penthouse suite: 18

I presume that points are given for Celebrity Xpedition cruises. Does anyone know or would like to speculate on the points for the various cabin categories.

Thank you.

Princess is 15 cruises or 150 days. I now have 11 cruises and 110 days with Princess. There you get 2 bottles of booze, free laundry and 250 minutes of Internet time. Their Elite is comparable to Celebrity elite. I see their logic.

Mini bar set up, free laundry, and 250 minutes of 250 Internet minutes is more than Celebrity Elite. Perhaps closer to the reported new benefits of the Elite Plus.

Bottom line all good.

I just spoke to Captain's Club and was advised that Elite Plus will have the following benefits:

1 category upgrade within the category you book on inside, oceanview, balcony, concierge, aqua only. No upgrade within the suite category.

15% off standard specialty dining fee. No further discount for special offers.

10% off beverage packages, excluding wine packages.

Free cappuccinos and lattes except in main dining room and buffet.

200 minutes free internet, per Elite Plus person, not per room.

Extra bag of laundry, complimentary.

Sound great to me! Don't know the details of the other categories.

Mary Anne

In the case of my friends who had 8 points, and were booked on a 5 day cruise in Aquaclass in early December, they expected to be Elite by mid-December, which is why they took that cruise. Now they will not be Elite in time for their transatlantic, so they are certainly not getting what they expected, and that next cruise is fully paid for.

...Unless, of course, more bonus points are available than what we have heard of so far.

In my case, I was expecting to be elite by May as I had a may cruise in the books that would have been 3 credits and I was planning to do another cruise in the winter for 2 credits. Now, because of logistics of this, they didn't give me any bonus as I'm only select with 5 right now, even though my bookings were made with elite in mind.

It is what it is, but I have to say it's disappointing for me personally as the brass ring was there within reach and now it's a few years down the road as I need 2-3 more sailings to recoup the 30 points I lose by going to the new credits for the may cruise and receiving no bonus like others are.

Not complaining, just venting I guess. It won't cause me to stop cruising, but it will cause me to seek alternate ways to earn faster lol.

In my case, I was expecting to be elite by May as I had a may cruise in the books that would have been 3 credits and I was planning to do another cruise in the winter for 2 credits. Now, because of logistics of this, they didn't give me any bonus as I'm only select with 5 right now, even though my bookings were made with elite in mind.

It is what it is, but I have to say it's disappointing for me personally as the brass ring was there within reach and now it's a few years down the road as I need 2-3 more sailings to recoup the 30 points I lose by going to the new credits for the may cruise and receiving no bonus like others are.

Not complaining, just venting I guess. It won't cause me to stop cruising, but it will cause me to seek alternate ways to earn faster lol.

I'd say the marketing department hit a home run! :D

I just spoke to Captain's Club and was advised that Elite Plus will have the following benefits:

1 category upgrade within the category you book on inside, oceanview, balcony, concierge, aqua only. No upgrade within the suite category.

15% off standard specialty dining fee. No further discount for special offers.

10% off beverage packages, excluding wine packages.

Free cappuccinos and lattes except in main dining room and buffet.

200 minutes free internet, per Elite Plus person, not per room.

Extra bag of laundry, complimentary.

Sound great to me! Don't know the details of the other categories.

Mary Anne

I'd be surprised it that were all. It sounds as lame as a HAL perk to me.

We'll be Elite + after our next cruise. Point wise it was the same as the old system. We've had Elite + in mind for a while. We've taken CC a few times partially with the higher level in mind. (Didn't pay much over a regular balcony)

We enjoy the current Elite perks.

Finally got internet back..

Wow congratulations to the über elite. Awesome benefits and a pretty good loyalty program I think.

To add to stats we also had nine points, two SS cruises and one AQ. 39 days at sea with celebrity. Received 16 extra points and remain select status. 286. Not able to see a screen saying "since we were so close..."

Did someone get thirty? I wonder what those circumstances were.

Rose Colored Glasses. :cool:

I'm pulling for them but it's not happening, just stating a fact.

It's a simple 30 to 1 coversion ratio, ONLY. NO ADDITION Bonus Points are awarded with the conversion.

As said by mferranti, SOME bonus points have been awarded. That's a fact.

Has it been verified that cruisers will get 5 pts/night in CC or is that speculation?

Their website currently says CC gets 5 points.

However, it doesn't say that is per night, so that is just an assumption. It just says CC gets 5 points.

Edited by The_Big_M

That can't be correct. With 8 old credits you are getting a 25 bonus for a total of 265. You need 300 to go to Elite. That's another 35 points.

It would take more than 1 cruise in an inside cabin (which is what we always book) to make Elite.

Yes, it sounds like a marketing statement. Given cruise lengths vary, and the point level after bonus does too, it doesn't add up.

I'm sure some of you math wizards will figure out what the equation is where the cabin level x days = and then exceeds the old program. So that if one is considering say booking a 7 night cruise - what the cost per day price of moving up from a Veranda to a Concierge would be given the available points. There has to be a correct cut off point $ wise. Does anyone else get what I'm saying? I'm sort of confusing myself! LOL Darn wine.

For a 7 day cruise, and assuming the new points are per day, you'd need to book in a CC or AQ or above, to be at least equal in the new program.

If booking in an inside or oceanview, you will progress slower in the new program.

For a 7 day cruise, and assuming the new points are per day, you'd need to book in a CC or AQ or above, to be at least equal in the new program.

If booking in an inside or oceanview, you will progress slower in the new program.

Either way you progress slower on that assumption.

Edited by MicCanberra

Either way you progress slower on that assumption.

Well, no, you progress faster (or at least the same) in a concierge class or above.

As said before, you'll be laughing if you only travel in Royal suites or similar!

But also as said yesterday for most passengers, it will be slower progress in the new program.

-------But also as said yesterday for most passengers, it will be slower progress in the new program.

Not those of us who live in UK and tend to take 14 night cruises!

I think it is fairer, as we will be rewarded for our days at sea( assuming that the figures are per sea day)

In the old system it took us far longer to reach Elite, than those passengers who were able to take 4/5 day cruises. Those are unheard of from European ports.

Well, no, you progress faster (or at least the same) in a concierge class or above.

As said before, you'll be laughing if you only travel in Royal suites or similar!

But also as said yesterday for most passengers, it will be slower progress in the new program.

Progress is slower, we have two cruises booked that would have made us Elite.

Now on these assumptions it will be slower, even if we upgrade cabins, it appears as if we need another two cruises.:D

Not those of us who live in UK and tend to take 14 night cruises!

I think it is fairer, as we will be rewarded for our days at sea( assuming that the figures are per sea day)

In the old system it took us far longer to reach Elite, than those passengers who were able to take 4/5 day cruises. Those are unheard of from European ports.

Actually, on 14 day cruises it will still be slower - unless as mentioned you're in the top grade cabins.

For example, 14 days in inside. Old = 2 credits = 60 points equiv. New prog = 28 points (assuming per day credits)

14 in outside = 2 credits = 60 points equiv. New prog = 28 points (assuming per day credits)

14 in balcony = 2 credits = 60 points equiv. New prog = 42 points (assuming per day credits)

14 in CC = 3 credits = 90 points equiv. New prog = 70 points (assuming per day credits)

In all these situations, for a 14 day cruise, you will progress slower.

It's only in the high end suites that you'll be ahead in the new program.

Edited by The_Big_M