Excursions Sugestions for Honeymoon!

DCNadeau

Hi All,

My fiancé and I are looking for some suggestions from all you experienced cruises on what excursions we should look into for our Honeymoon cruise on the Allure on Jan 5th 2013. It is an Eastern Sailing so stopping at Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Martian.

We were thinking in Nassau doing the Dolphin swim at Atlantice that also allows you to walk around the grounds after, has anyone done this?

In St. Thomas we were looking at the Turtle Snorkel and beach trip.

In St, Martian prob just looking at a beach day not sure what to book though. I am an avid plane lover and would like to go to the Maho Beach where the planes land right over the beach. I did not see any excursions from Royal that take you there however. Has anyone else done this? Is the beach far from the port? Is a taxi ride easy to get to and from there? And is there other stuff to do around that beach like food/shopping etc?

Also what have others done on these ports that they would suggest?

Thanks in advance for all the help!

-Dan

On our honeymoon last year this was our very favorite excursion

http://www.snorkelstmaarten.com/

It is a floating platform with awesome snorkeling, clean bathrooms, food and drink. For most of the day we had the place to ourselves which made it feel like our own private yacht. If Leroy is still working there you will be in for a treat!

Hi All,

My fiancé and I are looking for some suggestions from all you experienced cruises on what excursions we should look into for our Honeymoon cruise on the Allure on Jan 5th 2013.

First of all congratulations on your upcoming marriage and honeymoon.

Also, did you mean 2014?:D

I would recommend doing the Maho beach day in St. Martin, and watch people and planes:eek:

In St. Thomas we did the Submarine, we enjoyed it but would not do again, too many diesel fumes from boat on way out to sub.

Sea Ya

Most or all take a taxi to Maho Beach to see the planes. I'm not aware of an excursion there. Sunset Beach Bar is there, popular spot. Coming back traffic can be pretty congested, leave plenty of time. Even though it isn't far, the trip can take 30+ minutes if things are backed up. If you do some google research there is a website somewhere that lists the arriving/departing planes/times. Some people are so into it they schedule their visit accordingly:D

Edited by bouhunter

Hi All,

My fiancé and I are looking for some suggestions from all you experienced cruises on what excursions we should look into for our Honeymoon cruise on the Allure on Jan 5th 2013. It is an Eastern Sailing so stopping at Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Martian.

We were thinking in Nassau doing the Dolphin swim at Atlantice that also allows you to walk around the grounds after, has anyone done this?

In St, Martian prob just looking at a beach day not sure what to book though. I am an avid plane lover and would like to go to the Maho Beach where the planes land right over the beach. I did not see any excursions from Royal that take you there however. Has anyone else done this? Is the beach far from the port? Is a taxi ride easy to get to and from there? And is there other stuff to do around that beach like food/shopping etc?

-Dan

Just want to make sure you know before you book your excursions that the Allure has shorten your time in Nassu and St Thomas because of problems with one of the ships azipods. The ship is going out of service for a week in February to get it fixed but until it does, it is just going at a slower speed so it is affecting the Eastern itinerary.

As far as excursions, make sure the dolphin one is still being offered in Nassua. For St Marten, we just did Maho in August and it was great for my husband the plane buff. The Sunset Beach Bar is right at the beach and has a surfboard that the write the arrival and departure times of the planes. Food and drink is good there too. They have a tiny gift shop to buy a shirt but really no other stores there. Make sure you be careful where you set up on the beach, we saw a honeymoon couple have all there stuff blown into the ocean because they were directly opposite the runway and when one of the big planes took off, the jetwash was really strong. We ended up getting their email address to email them pictures since their camera ended up in the ocean along with a nice watch, wallet, purse and all their clothing.:eek::(

First off thansk for everyone who has replyed so far...

Lioness...Yes you are right i did mean 2014, not going back in time here haha

reallyitsmema...Yes thanks for the ehads up, i have been following the Allure issues and was reall happy our cruise was nto cancelled, but i do uynderstand we are loosing time at the two islands. When i look online to book excursions they are all still shown, should RCCL take down excursions that are not possible for the reduced times?

For thos who ahve been to Maho Beach and sugested it is it a nice beach to lay out on and swim in? or will it be very busy with the planes and people there. It is soemthgin we want to do but if it gets crazy busy im not sure if its worth it. Also how long is a taxi ride there and to they take US currancy?

We typically like to book our excursions through the boat to we dotn need to worry about it leaving without us.

Any other sugestions from people????:D

First off thansk for everyone who has replyed so far...

Lioness...Yes you are right i did mean 2014, not going back in time here haha

reallyitsmema...Yes thanks for the ehads up, i have been following the Allure issues and was reall happy our cruise was nto cancelled, but i do uynderstand we are loosing time at the two islands. When i look online to book excursions they are all still shown, should RCCL take down excursions that are not possible for the reduced times?

For thos who ahve been to Maho Beach and sugested it is it a nice beach to lay out on and swim in? or will it be very busy with the planes and people there. It is soemthgin we want to do but if it gets crazy busy im not sure if its worth it. Also how long is a taxi ride there and to they take US currancy?

We typically like to book our excursions through the boat to we dotn need to worry about it leaving without us.

Any other sugestions from people????:D

There were people in the water and laying out when we were there but it is not a huge, flat beach. It is a small beach at the end of the runway. The crowd depends on how many ships are in port that day. We were the only ship there that day so it wasn't bad. Check out the port of call forum for lots of pictures.

050.jpg.d58ea137a385112272bd6b610a14801a.jpg

Hi All,

-Dan

Snorkeling with Turtles....from what I understand should not be missed....I am looking forward to doing that when we go on Allure in June.

TAKE sunscreen with you.....even though you will be snorkeling. You don't want BURNED back...and make sure it is the kind that stays on while in water.

We did that same itinerary on the NCL Epic in January of this year (actually got engaged on the Epic). Here are my suggestions:

St. Maarten: Look into Bernard's Tours (http://www.bernardstours.com/). They are a private tour company, with tours around the island, including stops at Orient Beach and Maho Beach. Orient Beach is more relaxing and Maho Beach is more exciting with the planes flying in and out overhead. My now-husband wants to go back to Maho Beach on our honeymoon cruise on the Indy in February! Check out the St. Maarten board for lots more reviews on Bernard's Tours. Tours are about $45 per person. People have most all good things to say about him, and we had a great experience. It may have been the potent rum punch and beer he serves on the tour... :)

St. Thomas: Take a cab to Magens Bay beach. It's beautiful and the water is crystal clear and really calm. People were snorkeling right from the beach when we were there in January (they either rented the equipment from one of the little shops on the beach or brought their own, we weren't sure).

Nassau: No suggestions, but I do suggest some sort of tour. The straw markets are right off the pier, but they are busy and if you're not into shopping, you might find it kind of dull. Definitely go see Atlantis, though!

Happy honeymoon!