Egypt Cancelled

skt4cruise

Got the email today, Egypt is cancelled for our Oct 18, 2014 cruise. We will instead see Malta (yeah its lovely & strange) and Katacolon (where the Olympics started) this will be 3rd time there so not too thrilled.

How do you feel about it if you are booked of course? The letter was clear there would be no nice presents for the change.:eek:

We will not change any plans except to book t again for 2015.

Unfortunately Egypt is a volatile place at times and the cruise industry has to keep its passengers safe. If you really want to see Egypt then I suggest you fly there and either take a tour or DIY (the best way) allowing you to see as much as possible. You could also look into a Nile cruise which will take you to some of these places.

Unfortunately Egypt is a volatile place at times and the cruise industry has to keep its passengers safe. If you really want to see Egypt then I suggest you fly there and either take a tour or DIY (the best way) allowing you to see as much as possible. You could also look into a Nile cruise which will take you to some of these places.

I did Egypt twice in the mid-80s when the political situation was stable.

The first time, I was only in Cairo and DIYed. I had Egyptian friends that warned me not to take taxis off the street. Go from your hotel where taxis were registered with your name and destination. Too many tourists were winding up in the desert, either dead, near dead or in between.

The second time, I took tours and a Nile cruise. That is the way to go.

Egypt was not and probably still is not expensive, like Europe, so guides are not expensive. Also, they have the in depth knowledge of the history.

Further, I would not recommend going to Egypt right now. The country is on the edge of civil war. Hundreds of Christian churches have been attacked or burned. The Muslim Brotherhood is going to resist the military's take over and this will go on for some time.

If I was booked on the October 18th cruise i would not expect to go to Egypt. Things there are just way too dangerous and no cruise line would ever put their passengers in that kind of danger. At this point in time I would not book a cruise to Egypt far in advance as the political situation is way too iffy. I also would not expect any compenstion as it is out of the Cruise lines control. Please enjoy your cruise anyway

I guess we made the correct decision! :)

We were on the fence whether to book this cruise, or take a land vacation - both with a company called EO. We decided last week to go with the land tour. Had really wanted to do the cruise as we would rather be onboard in the same room every night, eat familiar food, and feel a little safer. However, we felt guilty not going with the rest of our Sunday School class, so we caved and booked the land tour. Glad we did, now. :eek:

Thanks for letting us know about this. ;) We have no desire to go back to Malta (been twice) or Katakolon (been once) again.