free excursion special

tango9

This too is my first Azamara sailing.

Had no problem. Signed up for Promo, went on line,choose excursions,got email confirmation 5 days later of my choices. Got all 4 that I selected for a 7 day sailing.

Yes the choices were limited but not a problem, a good sampling within each port and it included the first and last port. The only port(or rather day) is the first day in Sorrento when we arrive at 1 pm.

Have you looked at the selections for your sailing?

CC

I hope snowball sees this...if there was something wrong the the problem was Azamara's they should make it right with her...immediately!

If we decide to continue with our cruises with Azamara (9/27 and 10/4 on the Journey), our TA will use the new promotion, Choice Air credit, and we will choose our shore excursions and pay for them up front. In other words, we will switch promotions. We booked on the cusp, and our TA can switch booking promotions apparently. !

We made the same decision re: promotions and our TA said there was complete cooperation from Miami to do so. Even though it clearly involved some paperwork, there was also no administration fee.

I thought of that as a really positive policy. Our TA also commented that she never has a problem dealing with Miami.

We begin our b2b on 10/4, and perhaps like you were particularly attracted by the 2 nights in Livorno. And while we cannot comment about Regent, that will be our fifth ACC cruise, and they have become our cruise line of choice.

Perhaps we"ll meet on board!

We made the same decision re: promotions and our TA said there was complete cooperation from Miami to do so. Even though it clearly involved some paperwork, there was also no administration fee.

I thought of that as a really positive policy. Our TA also commented that she never has a problem dealing with Miami.

We begin our b2b on 10/4, and perhaps like you were particularly attracted by the 2 nights in Livorno. And while we cannot comment about Regent, that will be our fifth ACC cruise, and they have become our cruise line of choice.

Perhaps we"ll meet on board!

Did you use the Choice Air on both of your b2b cruises? I emailed my TA yesterday evening asking if that were a possibility. We have not officially switched, but if we stay with Azamara, that is what we will do.

I really do not know why we are so indecisive for this particular cruise. It is for our anniversary, so maybe because we are limited to a particular time period none of the choices are my ideal. But I keep waffling back and forth, and my husband is absolutely no help!

If we decide to continue with our cruises with Azamara (9/27 and 10/4 on the Journey), our TA will use the new promotion, Choice Air credit, and we will choose our shore excursions and pay for them up front. In other words, we will switch promotions. We booked on the cusp, and our TA can switch booking promotions apparently. There will actually be no difference in price, since there was no way we could spend $2K on shore excursions on the second cruise.

However, after reading the complaints on this board, I am still leaning toward the Regent cruise. There seems to be a lot of unhappiness here. Then again, I think more people complain than compliment!

If your comparing Azamara vs Regent the only way I would Choose A would be if you like the itinerary over the Regent on. Otherwise it's like Bloomingdales vs Neiman Marcus. Regent is a true luxury line and much more inclusive....

CC

If your comparing Azamara vs Regent the only way I would Choose A would be if you like the itinerary over the Regent on. Otherwise it's like Bloomingdales vs Neiman Marcus. Regent is a true luxury line and much more inclusive....

CC

It may be more inclusive but we have enjoyed our Azamara cruises much more than our two Regent cruises. Neiman Marcus is a bit of a stretch, except, perhaps, on paper. Some people keep score by counting what is "included." This, in my opinion, is not the best way to judge a cruise line, but to others it is all important, I suppose.

Food was no better than Azamara. Entertainers were over the hill. Cruise director was over the hill. Senior officers were invisible. Getting to see the hotel director was like asking for an audience with the Pope. Cruise director's wife hosted the Cruise Critic meeting and we were told how lucky we were that the cruise director would show up late to the meeting. No other officers were there. Specialty dining is included, but because of this, was always packed and reservations were hard to get.

There was nowhere near the warmth of Azamara's officers and crew (a few exceptions, to be sure). A bright spot was the enrichment lecturers. And the dress code was comparable to Azamara, unlike some of the other so-called "luxury" lines--also a bright spot.

Lastly, some of the passengers were simply insufferable. Try it. You may like it. Many won't cruise any other line, so it obviously appeals to some.

I just spoke with our TA, and am only now (two weeks after booking) finding out that the Azamara free shore excursion promotion, that I read over and over had "no fine print" does, in fact, have fine print.

First, that the free excursions are only a select few. Second, that "every" port does not include the first and last ports of the cruise. I'm not sure I understand why, if they are giving you a monetary limitation, why they are eliminating certain shore excursions from your selection.

I have to admit, I'm feeling a bit "scammed" that this information wasn't made clear before we booked, either by Azamara (on their website, emails or promotional mailings) ...even our TA was not aware. In fact, touting the fact that there was "no fine print" to me, makes it simply dishonest.

Mostly, I'm venting here because I'm pretty upset, but I also think others who may be considering this promotion in the future should be aware.

This would be my first sailing on Azamara, and already have a bad taste in my mouth.

I don't mean to be unkind, but of all the things you could accuse Azamara of, being unclear about which excursions were included is not one of them. Had you gone to the website, pulled up the list of all the voyages with the free excursions promo, you'd have seen a little icon to the right of the line items for each itinerary. Clicking on it brought up the complete list with descriptions of each day's eligible excursions. It was all there for you to see; you just didn't.

Edited by dln929

I have cruised on Regent twice, but both times were more than 5 years ago. The first cruise was an Alaska cruise and the second a transAtlantic. We did not socialize much on the first one, as my husband is not all that outgoing, but on the transatlantic I was with my sister and we met some very nice people. We actually have met some very pretentious people on Silverseas where we have sailed the last 3 times, but also some nice couples there as well! There are boors and blowhards everywhere, unfortunately. We like eating by ourselves a lot, but don't mind socializing with people with whom we have something in common!

Regarding the shore excursions that were included in the $2k promotion, I never found them online until I followed a link on an email that was sent to me after I booked. My TA was also apparently unaware that they were limited under that particular promotion as well. And when I questioned the limitation, I was scolded by the Azamara rep similarly to the poster here on CC. I should have found them on the internet, or called and ask that particular question. I have never been reprimanded by a Customer Service rep before, after booking a 14 day cruise that cost a great deal of money. It did not make me feel very welcome! This is one of the reasons for my waffling.

Did you use the Choice Air on both of your b2b cruises? I emailed my TA yesterday evening asking if that were a possibility. We have not officially switched, but if we stay with Azamara, that is what we will do.

I really do not know why we are so indecisive for this particular cruise. It is for our anniversary, so maybe because we are limited to a particular time period none of the choices are my ideal. But I keep waffling back and forth, and my husband is absolutely no help!

Hi!

We haven't booked flights yet, but we are monitoring the Choice Air site regularly. For some reason flights seem to appear and disappear regularly, so at this stage we are "getting a feel" for prices and routes.

The short answer is yes, we'll use Choice Air, as we have in our previous cruises, despite some concerns about the category of tickets provided.

If you fly in the day of embarkation, or use a pre-cruise package, it is highly likely that you will, at the end of the process, be offered a transfer to the ship or hotel/ship. Thus you might want to consider your options and costs before arriving at that point.

My TA advises me that, by a large margin, it's wives who make the important cruise decisions. And in at least some cases that is probably best :).

Others on this forum may well add further information or, indeed, correct or clarify what I've posted.

Don't know if it matters to you, but the Azamazing Evening in Livorno (Three Tenors) was well received last year. Although not the original Three Tenors, my wife has informed me that we will be attending. We had a tenor provide a concert onboard in Sorrento and it was magical.

Edited by nordski

Used Choice Air on last two Azamara cruises. First cruise we flew business class to Dublin...no problems just like booking a flight on my own. Last cruise was Austin to Miami in coach, with a change of planes in Houston. If I had booked my own tickets I would have had a non stop and not been forced to check carry-on luggage. If you use Choice Air within the US and fly United you board in the last group and have seats near the back of the plane. I will not use Choice Air domestically but won't hesitate using it internationally if flying business class.

Azamara is not replying to my queries regarding the offer of free excursions.

I sent an email over a week ago (February 3) with no response.

No one answers even on this forum

Did you book with a TA?

If so I would have them deal with AZ. Otherwise I would call and keep calling till I got someone one who answers my question....very frustrating way to have to book a fun vacation!

I'm afraid my experience with the Onshore On Us promotion is poor. My booking done directly with Azamara clearly showed the promo, but booking it on line having checked this and followed directions I then get an email a few days later saying my excursions haven't been processed because the booking isn't marked "Onshore On Us". Sent an email with a copy of my invoice showing the promotion. No reply. Sent a chaser. No reply. In desperation knowing the promo was expiring I rang my Personal Cruise Consultant in the UK and she helped me out, even though strictly speaking we are now to be looked after by a call centre in Guatemala (oh joy for the future). To top it all off I get an email from Azamara yesterday reminding me to book my promotion excursions.

I know I'm going to have a wonderful time on Journey, but I am getting really frustrated at how Azamara are handling the administration. Every way I turn there is an issue with something on the website. The crew on the ships work so hard to make your trip a memorable one, but they aren't being supported by the team back home. It's all a bit depressing.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

OK... now I understand!!! A couple of months ago RCL fired some top execs and let go some Miami employees and out sourced the UK/Int'l portion of the biz.

Hence the frustration/confusion and lack of service coming from customers across the pond....:mad:

The transition has obviously been less than stellar ....

CC

Edited by curiouscat

I'm afraid my experience with the Onshore On Us promotion is poor. My booking done directly with Azamara clearly showed the promo, but booking it on line having checked this and followed directions I then get an email a few days later saying my excursions haven't been processed because the booking isn't marked "Onshore On Us". Sent an email with a copy of my invoice showing the promotion. No reply. Sent a chaser. No reply. In desperation knowing the promo was expiring I rang my Personal Cruise Consultant in the UK and she helped me out, even though strictly speaking we are now to be looked after by a call centre in Guatemala (oh joy for the future). To top it all off I get an email from Azamara yesterday reminding me to book my promotion excursions.

I know I'm going to have a wonderful time on Journey, but I am getting really frustrated at how Azamara are handling the administration. Every way I turn there is an issue with something on the website. The crew on the ships work so hard to make your trip a memorable one, but they aren't being supported by the team back home. It's all a bit depressing.

Phil

Exactly the same for me, after many phone calls and allsorts of todo with shore side, our TA decided to recompense us for the missing excursions.

I also got the email reminding me which I sent on to my TA so they could have a giggle, it's been no fun at all for anyone.

What a pity.

Yvonne

Did you book with a TA?

If so I would have them deal with AZ. Otherwise I would call and keep calling till I got someone one who answers my question....very frustrating way to have to book a fun vacation!

Phil

OK... now I understand!!! A couple of months ago RCL fired some top execs and let go some Miami employees and out sourced the UK/Int'l portion of the biz.

Hence the frustration/confusion and lack of service coming from customers across the pond....:mad:

The transition has obviously been less than stellar ....

CC

Exactly the same for me, after many phone calls and allsorts of todo with shore side, our TA decided to recompense us for the missing excursions.

I also got the email reminding me which I sent on to my TA so they could have a giggle, it's been no fun at all for anyone.

What a pity.

Yvonne

I do not understand how it is possible that an important company like Azamara traits in this way its customers.

It is not a normal thing.

A "luxury" company must be such that starting with customer relations and above all it must keep its promises.