Aqua Class - tote bag in cabin

Sparky333

Can anyone give me an idea of what the tote bag is like in the aqua class cabins - what size, for example?

And, sorry if this is stupid, but is it to use while there or a gift to take home? I would hate to use a borrowed bag to take to the beach and get it sandy or possibly get sunscreen on it, etc. Just wondering whether to bring my own or not.

Thanks!

Can anyone give me an idea of what the tote bag is like in the aqua class cabins - what size, for example?

And, sorry if this is stupid, but is it to use while there or a gift to take home? I would hate to use a borrowed bag to take to the beach and get it sandy or possibly get sunscreen on it, etc. Just wondering whether to bring my own or not.

Thanks!

As of last April (2013) it was a blue bag that is similar in style to Longchamp bags (they fold into themselves) if you search "Longchamp Le Pliage" you'll see what I mean. (sorry don't know how to post pictures). Its obviously not quite as nice but its a medium sized version of that bag. It's for you to take home. Randomly sometimes we get the bag more towards the end of the cruise instead of at the beginning (just FYI). You also get a little sling back pack thing (the slippers are inside it) that you could use too for the beach if you want.

I have never seen a "free" tote bag supplied by a cruise company thats worth using - either on a cruise or back on land. No zippers make them a pick-pocketer's (is that a word?) dream. In port it just screams tourist (not that they can't tell but no use to advertise). Maybe good for hauling your book and personal items to the pool, but thats about it.

Jim

Actually the Aqua Class bags are very nice. They have recently changed from the heavier canvas with faux leather handles to mid weight canvas with webbed handles. They still fold up into themselves. We occasionally use them to go ashore. We always keep them aside on the last night when you put your luggage out in the hall to use the next morning if there is any overflow that won't fit into carry ons.

You will also get a thin white fabric and mesh bag with back pack ropes. Your slippers and other amenities will be in it. It should be in room first night. The other heavier bag usually shows up the night before the first port day.

There is a thread here somewhere with great pics of all the bags. I'll see if I can find it.

I have never seen a "free" tote bag supplied by a cruise company thats worth using - either on a cruise or back on land. No zippers make them a pick-pocketer's (is that a word?) dream. In port it just screams tourist (not that they can't tell but no use to advertise). Maybe good for hauling your book and personal items to the pool, but thats about it.

Jim

I think you are thinking of the flimsy no zipper bags from standard cabins. (think cheaper version of reusable grocery bags) The Aqua Class bags zip, have interior pockets and come folded in a pouch that can then be used in the bag. Also you will get a little credit card wallet for your seapass card, ID and credit cards for going ashore. I kinda like the Aqua Class bags, and I'm an expensive purseaholic! Nice perk IMO. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1929855&highlight=leatherette

Post #27 has pic of old style Aqua Class bag

still looking for pic of new style. I have one but lack the ability to take and post pic. lol

Post 26 has a small photo of all three bags which you can enlarge a bit if you click on it.

The bag on the right with the webbed handles is the new bag. I received one on my September cruise on the Solstice. The canvas feels as thick as the original "Longchamps" style bag (on the left), but the stitching on mine was very poor. Still a handy bag though (strap length was good for me) and I like the pouch (stitching was really poor on this as well).

Post 26 has a small photo of all three bags which you can enlarge a bit if you click on it.

The bag on the right with the webbed handles is the new bag. I received one on my September cruise on the Solstice. The canvas feels as thick as the original "Longchamps" style bag (on the left), but the stitching on mine was very poor. Still a handy bag though (strap length was good for me) and I like the pouch (stitching was really poor on this as well).

Saw it too late. lol Got it now and just posted it above. Thanks!:p

Thanks for all of the info/pix. The aqua class bag looks very nice - it definitely will serve it's purpose which is just to carry a beach towel and book. Not too worried about looking like a tourist as I'm pretty sure anyone can figure that out ;)

Suggestion, If you really want one these bags ask your cabin attendant, worked for us twice when we were only in a veranda room. Remember to tip if it works out, they have access to all the bags.

J.

Wow, I didn't realize they had those nice bags in AQ. We had Aqua last October and only got the white mesh string backpack. Then again, most of the AQ perks were missing from our cabin. We had to ask for everything! Never saw a nice bag like those in the pics.

Wow, I didn't realize they had those nice bags in AQ. We had Aqua last October and only got the white mesh string backpack. Then again, most of the AQ perks were missing from our cabin. We had to ask for everything! Never saw a nice bag like those in the pics.

Were you on your first cruise and not yet a Captains Club member? The bags are for members. They get nicer depending on what class of stateroom you book. The white mesh bag that you speak of is/was given in all AQ's, regardless of status. It's a AQ perk and should have been filled with chapstick, a spritzer, bottled water (?) etc.

Were you on your first cruise and not yet a Captains Club member? The bags are for members. They get nicer depending on what class of stateroom you book. The white mesh bag that you speak of is/was given in all AQ's, regardless of status. It's a AQ perk and should have been filled with chapstick, a spritzer, bottled water (?) etc.

This was not my experience. We took our first (of now 10) Celebrity cruises 2 years ago. We were not Captains Club members yet and were in Aqua Class for a 14 day Trans Atlantic and we received not 1 but 2 of the nice blue bags with leather (like) handles. We're now elite and have cruised in every category of cabin from veranda to presidential and we only get the "nice" bag when we are in Concierge and up. Elite in a reg. veranda=cheap grocery type bag, in my experience.

The bags have nothing to do with your Captain's Club status. On my first cruise when I was not yet a Captain's Club member (I didn't even know it existed), both of us got the bag that is given to occupants of Concierge Class cabins.

As for the white mesh AQ perk bag, depends on your cabin attendant. We never got ours. Had probably the worst cabin attendant ever.

Happy Cruiser 6143-

Regarding not receiving that mesh bag...I've read other posts about people not getting all of the Aqua Class amenities they should so I'm going to have the printed list and ask for what we don't get. But I'm wondering - if you ask and there is still a problem would you take it further or just keep trying to get the cabin attendant to fix the problem?