It's schedule change time again

wrp96

Delta loaded a bunch of schedule changes for the spring and summer today.

Very likely other carriers (AA, UA,etc) will follow suit shortly if they haven't already.

Just a reminder to make sure you are checking your airline reservations frequently - on the airline's website - as changes can and do happen without notification.

Edited by wrp96

I check my upcoming Delta reservations almost everyday. Things haven't changed for several weeks. Yesterday there was a big change on the final post cruise flight ATL to LAS: slight time change, but aircraft change...to Delta's upgraded 767...called it a 76W...with new first class...which we will enjoy!

Our return flight from Venice to Ft. Lauderdale has changed 4 times and our trip is in May :eek:. They keep changing our connecting flight to Florida from either JFK or Atlanta. The latest change is we now have to go to both JFK and Atlanta (2 stops), before catching our flight to Florida. Needless to say how many times we had our seats changed with all the legs. Been to Europe many times, never had this on going problem. Is it just Delta or is it the port of Venice which is causing these on going changes? Any input would be appreciated.

I am going to go out on a limb and guess that you are on the DL non-stop from VCE. If so, know that in exchange for flying directly into VCE, you are on a seasonal flight that changes due to projected loads and demand.

This is NOT a heavy business route, but rather gets tourist traffic. It does not run year-round from ATL and JFK.

You don't say what your original nor revised flights are, so that's about all I can say. Add together TATL changes, plus changes within the USA schedule, and you end up with a moving target. But it's not just DL, others do it too.

Since you are familiar with Delta, as am I, you should be aware of several things. You can change your reservation if there are substantial changes HOWEVER the C O C only allows one change per itinerary. This can be worked around if you get the right Delta agent. The rule for Delta, is - if you don't like the answer one agent gives you try again and again. It is always best to do your own research to provide workable alternatives to the agent when you call. Use the schedule option, not the price option, when seeking alternatives. If you flights are all on Delta try to avoid AF or KLM alternatives. Delta would much prefer we all remain under their flight codes.

The other thing to consider is the likelihood of additional itinerary changes.

If two stops can be avoided then by all means be proactive. I don't know of many who would be thrilled with your changes.

Good luck.

Do always be pleasant to the reservations agents. They do make an extra effort if treated well.

We have always treated the agents well. They also treat us very well. The agents & supervisors at Delta try to do their best being all the changes are coming through Delta for our flights. The last agent must have apologized 25 times and her parting words to us were, do not be surprised if it changes again. Are there any rules how many times the airlines can change a person's flight? Twice they had our connecting flights leave before we arrived. This is definitely a problem with no solution that I am aware of ? Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Are there any rules how many times the airlines can change a person's flight?

No, they can change them constantly. Last year, I had a TATL flight I booked eight months out, and it had 17 schedule changes.

This year, I have one in February that I booked in August. We are now on schedule change (and three aircraft changes) number seven.

You just have to check your reservations; there's nothing you can do about it.

No, they can change them constantly. Last year, I had a TATL flight I booked eight months out, and it had 17 schedule changes.

This year, I have one in February that I booked in August. We are now on schedule change (and three aircraft changes) number seven.

You just have to check your reservations; there's nothing you can do about it.

Wow, sorry you have similar problems. We booked our flights July 31, hopefully we don't beat your record of 17 changes before we leave in May. What airline had all these changes?

Our return flight from Venice to Ft. Lauderdale has changed 4 times and our trip is in May :eek:. They keep changing our connecting flight to Florida from either JFK or Atlanta. The latest change is we now have to go to both JFK and Atlanta (2 stops), before catching our flight to Florida. Needless to say how many times we had our seats changed with all the legs. Been to Europe many times, never had this on going problem. Is it just Delta or is it the port of Venice which is causing these on going changes? Any input would be appreciated.

I am experiencing the same thing from Delta going from Rome to Fort lauderdale. Now I have to stop twice in JFK and ATL to get home as well.