Self-serve laundry on N. Amsterdam?

GLCAS

Just wondering about self-serve laudry on NA. We are on a B2B and don't want to take 2 weeks of clothes! Just a quick load and we should be good for another week. That's what we did on Princess and it works great! But new to HAL....:confused:

We used to use the laundry service on the Vista and Signature class ships. Never again.

We were just on the Nieuw Amsterdam.

By the time we got on the ship DH had 4 polo shirts that needed to be sent to the laundry. Sent them out the morning after embarkation. They returned the next day and 2 of them were ruined. And it just happened to be 2 new ones that he had only worn 1 time. They concierges were able to see that they were new. We did receive ship board credit for them. But that left DH with only 7 polo/golf shirts left for 12 more days of the cruise. We did not trust the laundry and so I had to wash his polo/golf shirts every few days. We could not afford to lose any more.

Just wondering about self-serve laudry on NA. We are on a B2B and don't want to take 2 weeks of clothes! Just a quick load and we should be good for another week. That's what we did on Princess and it works great! But new to HAL....:confused:

No Laundromats on any of the HAL Vista or Signature ships. But, having been on the NA for 21 days most recently, I have to say, the laundry service was superb! What looked like a "bleach spot" came back on one of my t-shirts. But everything else we sent out was fine.

Edited by innlady1

But that left DH with only 7 polo/golf shirts left for 12 more days of the cruise. We did not trust the laundry and so I had to wash his polo/golf shirts every few days.
:confused: None of the ports you stopped at had shirts for sale anywhere?

We used to use the laundry service on the Vista and Signature class ships. Never again.

We were just on the Nieuw Amsterdam.

By the time we got on the ship DH had 4 polo shirts that needed to be sent to the laundry. Sent them out the morning after embarkation. They returned the next day and 2 of them were ruined. And it just happened to be 2 new ones that he had only worn 1 time. They concierges were able to see that they were new. We did receive ship board credit for them. But that left DH with only 7 polo/golf shirts left for 12 more days of the cruise. We did not trust the laundry and so I had to wash his polo/golf shirts every few days. We could not afford to lose any more.

So sorry to read of this laundry problem.

What damage was caused by the ship laundry ruin the shirts?