Panama Canal Semi Live from Zuiderdam 29 Nov through 9 December 2013

IRL_Joanie

Watsons Aunt, I'd love to do the 14 day aborad Amsterdam, HOWEVER, if it aint an Aft Wrap for me it aint worth paying for.:)

Jacqui, Go ahead and remove ours for April 11 2014 and Once home

Joanie

A shame you are cancelling Joanie, but I can certainly understand your concerns with the heat.

Although removing cruises from the future cruise listing is not a task enjoy, I will certainly take care of this for you.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise:)

Sorry Joanie - I don't have you on the listing for April, 2014. Did you mean the April 11, 2015 by any chance? Its' the only one I can find that seems to match your date above:confused:

Sorry to hear the heat got to you. It is the type of heat that has to be experienced to be believed. :eek:

If you haven't cancelled your full transit yet you should consider that you can do some good viewing in comfort from the Lido restaurant and from the Crow's Nest. You don't have to suffer the heat. It is just such an amazing experience and a partial transit is only a teaser.

You can also alternate viewing from inside and outside which helps. There is also such a great friendly roll call going.

Sorry to hear the heat got to you. It is the type of heat that has to be experienced to be believed. :eek:

If you haven't cancelled your full transit yet you should consider that you can do some good viewing in comfort from the Lido restaurant and from the Crow's Nest. You don't have to suffer the heat. It is just such an amazing experience and a partial transit is only a teaser.

You can also alternate viewing from inside and outside which helps. There is also such a great friendly roll call going.

I have to agree with you. Nothing like a full transit.

<snip>

Hubby and I have decided that the heat down here is just to freaking oppressive and are changing

our Aprill 11, 2015 for 2 reasons; (A) the heat is just to doggoned oppresive and so unbearable

and (B) We love Alaska and feel better with the ever cahnging weather there as long as we have

OUR Penthouse Aft Wrap Deck 5. Besides, I think at least to CC members will be happy I am not

on the same ship:)

:eek: Joanie - that makes me very sad.

Edited by Linda&Vern

I was also looking forward to that cruise, but the heat has proven to be to intense for me. The hein the canal was actually must easier to ddeal with than Curacao and Costa Rica were. It was not as humid there and we did have a slight breeze:)

I was so looking forward to doing the canal this time, and though the heat in some of the ports were bad enough, the thought of Mexican Ports is not incentive enough to put hubby and I through this misery again......

We will stick with Southern, Eastern and Western Caribbean and NOT during the super hot times of their weather. (I say that only because we do have another Caribbean cruise already paid in full for December 2014. The rest of our cruises will be Alaska!!

In all honesty, I do have to add that I do not feel that I would be my normal happy self on the April 2014 canal cruise due to extenuating circumstances, so why burden those of you who wish to enjoy the cruise, We will decide which Alaska cruise to change to.

Watsons Aunt, I'd love to do the 14 day aborad Amsterdam, HOWEVER, if it aint an Aft Wrap for me it aint worth paying for.:)

Jacqui, Go ahead and remove ours for April 11 2014 and Once home

Joanie

Sorry that you are going to cancel your Panama Canal cruise. The repositioning cruises are do wonderful.

But I certainly do understand your concern about the heat. It can be very hot on those cruises.

<snip>

Hubby and I have decided that the heat down here is just to freaking oppressive and are changing

our Aprill 11, 2015 for 2 reasons; (A) the heat is just to doggoned oppresive and so unbearable

and (B) We love Alaska and feel better with the ever cahnging weather there as long as we have

OUR Penthouse Aft Wrap Deck 5. Besides, I think at least to CC members will be happy I am not

on the same ship:)

:eek: Joanie - that makes me very sad.

Me too - that roll call is full of happy cc'ers. I can't think of anyone who wouldn't welcome Joanie on the cruise, roll call and meet and greet :confused:

Me too - that roll call is full of happy cc'ers. I can't think of anyone who wouldn't welcome Joanie on the cruise, roll call and meet and greet :confused:

I must admit I was so perplexed that I went over the roll call post by post to see who possibly could have upset Joanie to the extent that she would cancel a cruise. All I found was a happy, chatty roll call. Maybe there was a post we didn't see that got removed.

I was quoting Kazu but things are going fooey here.

Edited by sapper1

I must admit I was so perplexed that I went over the roll call post by post to see who possibly could have upset Joanie to the extent that she would cancel a cruise. All I found was a happy, chatty roll call. Maybe there was a post we didn't see that got removed.

There was a recent thread about the Zuiderdam that had to be closed down because it IMHO became very rough going attacking Joanie … and those posts did get removed: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1948324

Sorry Joanie - I don't have you on the listing for April, 2014. Did you mean the April 11, 2015 by any chance? Its' the only one I can find that seems to match your date above:confused:

Yes, I did mean 2015, sorry.

Hubby BTW just came out said get on the internet and help me spend our last $250. OBC.... So here I is:)

As a couple of notes:

6158 had a toilet problem at 4am today. Our friends woke to the sound of water swishing around and discovered their toilet overflowing. They called the front desk to report it and a few minutes later a steward (not our regular one) came in and said, "Yes, the toilet is overflowing. Call us in 1 hour if it is still overflowing........Did not touch the horrendous mess..1 hour later our friends again called down and this time an engineer (or whatever his title was) came and first thing out of his mouth was, "This is bad" No shoot Sherlock, we knew that already.....BUT, he fixed it and housekeeping came and cleaned the mess and then sent them from there room so they coukd use a machine to do the res of the job.

3 of the bathrooms on the Lido, Aft Handicapped, 2 midship haad Out of Order signs on them today. The aft Handicapped one I believe has a ghost!! I say this because the blasted door seems to lock when noone is in it. They have changed the lock at least twice since Aruba and ..... The 2 midhips were outt of order because of someone being very ill in them this morning. Until they could get them sanitized they placed the out of order signs on them. I do not know what more they can do for the Aft HC, short of putting a latch on the door and removing the actual locking mechanism that is screwing up...

OK, hubby just brought my pizza and I am off to eat and read posts.

Joanie

Thanks for the suggestion but I cannot smoke indoors so cannot view from the cooler, protected areas. Not going to suffer like this again so will stick to Alaska, perhaps try one of the East Coast cruises ar Hawaii:)

Joanie

There was a recent thread about the Zuiderdam that had to be closed down because it IMHO became very rough going attacking Joanie … and those posts did get removed: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1948324

This has nothing to do with the roll call in question.

Quotes are not working. I quoted OlsSalt and it showed as though I was quoting myself.

Edited by sapper1

NO ONE said anything in the Roll Call. It is the oppressive heat and personality conflicts that made the decision easier for me. No more on that subject please, let's just blame it on the heat:)

Joanie

I remember that thread. I don't think any attacks at all were intended.

I think some were concerned that the posts by others where there were issues were not relevant as Joanie said she would check everything out an no one cancel until she reports. I think, unfortunately, some got the impression that the reports of others didn't matter. I know that wasn't Joanie's intention but that is how it could be interpreted.

I think she did a great job on her thread stating that these were her opinions (which all live posts or reviews are) and cleared the air with that.

We've all been flamed or 'attacked' at some time on these boards if we post enough (or not even a lot at times). It wouldn't stop me from a cruise I wanted to do if a certain cc member was on board. In fact, I would WANT to meet them.

Remember - the written word does not communicate well on these boards sometimes.

I have had the joy of meeting a lot of cc members who have become friends and people I WANT to cruise with again.

Never judge anyone from these boards until you have met them in person. We have a lot of fantastic people here :D

edited to say - sorry Joanie - I didn't see your post above. But I think the joy of meeting fellow cc'ers is worth noting so, with your permission, my post stands.

Edited by kazu

Crazy about sending the steward to confirm the toilet was overflowing. Like someone wouldn't know what an overflowing toilet would look like:eek::rolleyes:. Call again in a hour:confused:. I would not be happy. I'm so glad that I'm booked on the Westerdam instead of the Z for my 2014 Canal cruise.

I remember that thread. I don't think any attacks at all were intended.

I think some were concerned that the posts by others where there were issues were not relevant as Joanie said she would check everything out an no one cancel until she reports. I think, unfortunately, some got the impression that the reports of others didn't matter. I know that wasn't Joanie's intention but that is how it could be interpreted.

I think she did a great job on her thread stating that these were her opinions (which all live posts or reviews are) and cleared the air with that.

We've all been flamed or 'attacked' at some time on these boards if we post enough (or not even a lot at times). It wouldn't stop me from a cruise I wanted to do if a certain cc member was on board. In fact, I would WANT to meet them.

Remember - the written word does not communicate well on these boards sometimes.

I have had the joy of meeting a lot of cc members who have become friends and people I WANT to cruise with again.

Never judge anyone from these boards until you have met them in person. We have a lot of fantastic people here :D

edited to say - sorry Joanie - I didn't see your post above. But I think the joy of meeting fellow cc'ers is worth noting so, with your permission, my post stands.

No need to apologize Jacqui:)

I agree on the joys of meeting CC'rs and non CC'rs alike being fun and will leave my signature as proof of my feelings. But there are those..... SO it IS the HEAT!!:)

JOanie

This has nothing to do with the roll call in question.

Quotes are not working. I quoted OlsSalt and it showed as though I was quoting myself.

There was another CC regular overly active on that thread which is likely why it got locked... not sure what the heck it has to do with a roll call thread.

Edited to add..... and I see quotes are still not working!:D

Edited by startwin

Joanne I signed up. I couldn't believe dh agreed to a 20 day cruise and I have always wanted to see the canal...and to do a full transit first...I am still pinching myself.

sorry the heat was too much. Right now that is another selling point as it is just so cold here now

<snip>

I so agree! We have had amazing roll calls and Meet & Mingles on each of our cruises, and we've made great friends amongst the CC crowd. We didn't just limit it to the M&G either - many impromptu get-togethers onboard and for shore excursions. These friendships have been lasting. Quite a few of us have signed up for another long cruise together, and many of us remain in email and facebook contact.

Edited by startwin

I so agree! We have had amazing roll calls and Meet & Mingles on each of our cruises, and we've made great friends amongst the CC crowd. We didn't just limit it to the M&G either - many impromptu get-togethers onboard and for shore excursions. These friendships have been lasting. Quite a few of us have signed up for another long cruise together, and many of us remain in email and facebook contact.

I always wish that people would read and re-read their posts before hitting "Submit Reply".

When I feel myself getting pulled into these skirmishes, I ask myself "would you rather be right? or happy?" I think most folks know what I typically choose!:)

I always wish that people would read and re-read their posts before hitting "Submit Reply".

When I feel myself getting pulled into these skirmishes, I ask myself "would you rather be right? or happy?" I think most folks know what I typically choose!:)

Huh? You don't like M&Gs and roll calls? I didn't think I wrote anything that needed re-reading..... other than I was going to add..... there are lots of people joining up for the W'Dam cruise from this main board, come on over and join join us!

And I see the quotes are still screwed.

Edited by Host Walt

Startwin- I was agreeing with you! or whoever said that sometimes the message does not translate well.

I love Meet and Mingles. I have even organized a few.

No offense intended, hopefully none taken!:o

My mistake Tracie, no offense taken. And this board has gone really screwy with quotes, for some reason. I thought you were saying I should have re-read before posting.:o

My mistake Tracie, no offense taken. And this board has gone really screwy with quotes, for some reason. I thought you were saying I should have re-read before posting.:o

Goodness, no.

Actually, I think everybody should read/edit twice. Submit once! Just a general thought-- honestly, I had no particular person in mind from the HAL or Princess boards... However on another board that I am lurking... there might be a few folk who could use a little reigning in!:eek:

Huh? You don't like M&Gs and roll calls? I didn't think I wrote anything that needed re-reading..... other than I was going to add..... there are lots of people joining up for the W'Dam cruise from this main board, come on over and join join us!

And I see the quotes are still screwed.

The quote procedure is working fine. When you want to quote a previous post:

1. Do not change anything in the post. Ever.

2. Always start your response below the quoted material.

I adjusted your earlier post.

Edited by Host Walt
Correct a spelling error