Panama Canal Semi Live from Zuiderdam 29 Nov through 9 December 2013

IRL_Joanie

The quote procedure is working fine. When you want to quote a previous post:

1. Do not change anything in the post. Ever.

2. Always start your response below the quoted material.

Or, if you do wish to edit the quoted material, be sure not to disturb the coding.

The quote procedure is working fine. When you want to quote a previous post:

1. Do not change anything in the post. Ever.

2. Always start your response below the quoted material.

I adjusted your earlier post.

Many of us break both of these rules without problem. I may precede a quote with "Here is what Member_X reported in November:". I may also cut a page long quote down to the one relevant sentence. (Ruth shortened my post to respond my question above.) I never quote the whole original post and add "Thanks for posting". The key to quoting is to not mess with the items in brackets. I try to remember to preview my posts when quoting.

Many of us break both of these rules without problem. I may precede a quote with "Here is what Member_X reported in November:". I may also cut a page long quote down to the one relevant sentence. (Ruth shortened my post to respond my question above.) I never quote the whole original post and add "Thanks for posting". The key to quoting is to not mess with the items in brackets. I try to remember to preview my posts when quoting.

Exactly. Many times a post is too long to quote when all you want to reply to is one pertinent sentence.

Plus, if you are going to quote a post where the coding was previously broken, don't perpetuate the error. Correct the coding and everything that follows will be back to normal.

hope you enjoyed the cruise in spite of the heat (we are doing a full transit in april 2015 and I am getting curious about the heat thing.....).

Curious what was the best for you this cruise? Anything stand out in particular?

We did it in April last year (and will again in April '14).... hot and humid for a few days, but definitely bearable. We were on the outside decks for the whole transit, just popped back inside for drinks and food. Loose cotton clothing, and I used one of those gel neckties that keep you cool. You'll love it!

Oh and a group of our roll call had a wine-tasting party part way through the transit, and spent hours on their very large balcony!

Edited by startwin

One really quick comment before I go and watch my favorite ship sail away without me ion her:(

6158 messed up again at 5 am today for our friends!! And tghe comments ..

Our friends were awakened at 3 or 4 am today when Beth got up to go to the potty and woke really fast when she realized there was water all over the bathroom floor.

She called the front desk and a steward came up, looked and said for the 2nd early morning in a row, "Yes madam, your toilet is overflowing (I think it was the same person as yesterday). DUH!! No Shoot Sherlock....

Anyway, Beth then waited for about 20 minutes, expecting maintenance or plumbing to be there shortly. By 5 am she was once again at the front desk where she was told there was no report made yesterday or today:confused:

She can get loud, seldom..but when she does..... This morning she blew!! She was given a Room Key to a stateroom at the very front of the ship, just for the bathroom use............ As we left the ship I saw an Officer that I know and reported the problem to him and suggested they have someone boarding today might just like an upgrade to a working toilet and verandah..... We can only hope. There were other problems with the toilet which I will explain in detail when I get home.

OK time for sail away

Joanie

I always wish that people would read and re-read their posts before hitting "Submit Reply".

When I feel myself getting pulled into these skirmishes, I ask myself "would you rather be right? or happy?" I think most folks know what I typically choose!:)

So true Tracie. Kazu though is a good friend and I understood what she was saying, as I also do yours, Thank you very very much for understanding Happy is my preference:)

OK, Muster is over and I hope to watch "MY SHIP" sail away without me:)

Joanie

hope you enjoyed the cruise in spite of the heat (we are doing a full transit in april 2015 and I am getting curious about the heat thing.....).

Curious what was the best for you this cruise? Anything stand out in particular?

Believe it or not the heat was the least bothersome in the Panama Canal and Gatun Lake, followed by HMC, then Costa Rica (only because I was napping) then Aruba and lastly Curacao which was unbearable:(

I live in New Mexico where it gets HOT, the heat this cruise was, in my opinion, over the top with being so much closer to the Equator........

Joanie

Believe it or not the heat was the least bothersome in the Panama Canal and Gatun Lake, followed by HMC, then Costa Rica (only because I was napping) then Aruba and lastly Curacao which was unbearable:(

I live in New Mexico where it gets HOT, the heat this cruise was, in my opinion, over the top with being so much closer to the Equator........

Joanie

I think the difference in the heat is probably the high, high humidity in those ports. That kind of thick, humid, hot air seems to require extra effort just to move, because it makes me feel like there's a wall of resistance.

Well we left Ft Lauderdale at right around 9 am. with it's near 80+ degrees, and arrived back in Albuquerque to 36 degrees around 5 pm ........

So tired that I unpacked my carry on, took my meds and was asleep by 6:15 or so........

I HATE having altitude sickness (Hypoxia)!! It affects me on both planes and here at home after returning home for at least 2 weeks:( My body has to get re accustomed to the 5200 ft level that we live at........The planes fly above 5200 feet, duh... obviously...., and are set to recirculate the air at 8000 ft above sea level. So I have to use Oxygen on the plane and then 24/7 for 2 weeks at the max setting 5 lpm per second:(

Why am I telling you this? Because I am wiped out from the flight yesterday. I went through 2 of my 3 batteries for my Portable Oxygen Concentrator and the 3rd one was almost drained by the time I made it into the house so I could hook myself up to my Room Concentrator. And because, being this wiped out, all I want to do is say Hey Guys and Gals, we made it home safely, I'm alive and then go back to bed.

So, please give me a couple of days and I will write a complete and detailed review of the Good, The Very Good, the bad and the Very Bad of our cruise on my STILL Favorite Ship, ms Zuiderdam.

Joanie