Concierge 1 Aft or Aqua

LynandBill

Trying to decide on concierge 1 aft(huge balcony)or Aqua 2 mid ship on the Constellation . Same price. We love the aft balcony but always wanted to try aqua. Any advice ? Thanks! Lyn

why not take one of the new aft cabins on deck 11 on connie?

We absolutely love the aft (C1) on the "M" class. That being said, we passed up the opportunity on the Infinity for A1 because we are traveling with friends who really like Blu and we book rooms next to each other and open balconies. If we were traveling alone, we would book the aft and take advantage of the specials they usually run on the specialty restaurants the first day. Best of both worlds, great balcony (watching the wake each night!!) and special food treats as well.

Whatever you decide, I'm sure you will have a great cruise. Kathryn

We have had the Aft corner Family Veranda on several M class sailings for just the 2 of us.. We absolutely loved the humongus (sp?) wrap around balcony and the reclining lounge chairs. We had gotten really spoiled! That being said......last year we wanted to try Aqua, also. We were able to get 1141, aft with a large balcony. We loved Blu, and still got to enjoy the aft view which we absolutely love. Yes, you can be seen from above, but only when you are out by the railing. It is partially covered with a canvas. You can also be seen from the sunset bar below, also only if you are at the railing. Personally, I loved the angled balcony that 1141 and 1138 have vs. the tunnel-like feel of the center one, 1140. 1130 and 1133(the outer-most aft A1s) have closer to the regular size balcony, and also more visible from below. The unfortunate part of this is that there are only the 5 aft Aquas, and they are hard to get. We are very lucky to have secured one for each of the 4 cruises we have booked for 2014, including a B2B! Hope this helps and I am sure you will enjoy any of the choices!

Edited by Chooz2Cruz

They can see the part of your balcony that is exposed but not the part that is under the overhang. The AQ aft balconies have a bit of both. Also, the deck above is never very used, so few people are there to look down on you. People from the Sunset bar can see up to you balcony, but again, only the part by the rail, unless you are in 1133 or 1130, then they can see most of your balcony. 1138 and 1141 have good privacy and 1140 (biggest, in the middle) has the most privacy. DH wants to rig a bucket on a rope to requisition beers from the bar on our next trip in 1141! His plan is to dangle over the bar with his Seapass card and a 'send beer up' note.......he's not kidding.....;)

Just back from Equinox and dined in Blu every night since we were in a sky suite. We now swear we'll never sail in anything less than AQ, just for Blu. Food was in a whole other league - like a speciality restaurant every night. Met wonderful friends there and ended up sitting at a table for eight in Blu every night with our new cruise mates!

Trying to decide on concierge 1 aft(huge balcony)or Aqua 2 mid ship on the Constellation . Same price. We love the aft balcony but always wanted to try aqua. Any advice ? Thanks! Lyn

If you always wanted to try Aqua, then you probably should. You are going to hear opinions from two AQ camps here - The 'We love AQ' camp; and, the 'We don't care for AQ[*]' camp. I'm in the latter camp :) And once you try it, you are probably going to be part of one of these two camps. But, don't you really wanna be part of one of these two camps? So, what are you waiting for?

[*] - this is more like the "Heck yea, I'll take AQ if the price is right and the cabin location doesn't suck" camp.

If you always wanted to try Aqua, then you probably should. You are going to hear opinions from two AQ camps here - The 'We love AQ' camp; and, the 'We don't care for AQ[*]' camp. I'm in the latter camp :) And once you try it, you are probably going to be part of one of these two camps. But, don't you really wanna be part of one of these two camps? So, what are you waiting for?

[*] - this is more like the "Heck yea, I'll take AQ if the price is right and the cabin location doesn't suck" camp.

Great advice! We always wanted to try Aqua and being $150 per person cheaper than C1 this is a perfect time to try it.

We have a great C1 balcony this January so Aqua next January is exciting.

Just back from Equinox and dined in Blu every night since we were in a sky suite. We now swear we'll never sail in anything less than AQ, just for Blu. Food was in a whole other league - like a speciality restaurant every night. Met wonderful friends there and ended up sitting at a table for eight in Blu every night with our new cruise mates!

That's exciting to hear! Really looking forward to trying Aqua!

I would take the C1 in a heartbeat over Aqua..storage problems in Aqua Cabins/better if bed by balcony, ask for that ........

Sorry, I thought BLU big hype/rather do other Specialty Rest.and move around as desired

You can Purchase Persian Gardens (big Aqua Perk) for $99 entire trip and less for 2

Previous Poster has it right/some prefer Aqua/I am back to C2

Barb :D

I would take the C1 in a heartbeat over Aqua..storage problems in Aqua Cabins/better if bed by balcony, ask for that ........

Sorry, I thought BLU big hype/rather do other Specialty Rest.and move around as desired

You can Purchase Persian Gardens (big Aqua Perk) for $99 entire trip and less for 2

Previous Poster has it right/some prefer Aqua/I am back to C2

Barb :D

I do not believe there are any bed by balcony (certainly not A2) on Connie so no storage issues to consider.

whomever designed the aqua cabins on Equinox did a lousy job/no drawers in any nightstands/no nightstands/3 black wooden shelves where everything falls off/big open shelves over bed/ short person can't reach/things fall out when opened unless really organized ( and we were)....

moving around bed to use closet was crowded

that is why I said to ask for bed by balcony......at least the flow would be better/ storage in Bathroom very good but not enough to compensate

had C3 on Connie that was superior in every way

Barb

But the OP asked about the Constellation, not the Equinox. From your answer I assume you had a bad experience on an AQ cabin on the Constellation so please let us know.

It just happens we have recently booked an AQ aft cabin on the Connie and really want to make sure we haven't made a mistake.

Thank you.

Edited by Oville

But the OP asked about the Constellation, not the Equinox. From your answer I assume you had a bad experience on an AQ cabin on the Constellation so please let us know.

It just happens we have recently booked an AQ aft cabin on the Connie and really want to make sure we haven't made a mistake.

Thank you.

Lots of posters here don't seem to realize there are differences between M and S class ships.

I think you'll be fine in your AQ aft on the Connie. I don't recall reading any negatives about the aft AQ cabins added. The balconies are certainly larger than the ones on the side. I noticed more creaking than normal on the side. That may not be an issue on the aft. And it was on the Infinity.

Just be prepared for a leaky shower door. Somebody recently posted that she had scientifically figured out how to close the doors so they don't leak. I'd put down a towel just in case!