Divina Reviews

sidari

Alex ... It is not my review but the first one posted on CC by "Vman" regarding the transatlantic, mine is not complete as of yet though it does not sound as bad as the one in the link.

Edited by sidari

Well the First review of the Transatlantic has been posted and there are no surprises in its contents apart from reading that people had to pay for coffee after dinner, something we never have.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=244591

How interesting that you would post a link to a negative review and not a positive one.

Well the First review of the Transatlantic has been posted and there are no surprises in its contents apart from reading that people had to pay for coffee after dinner, something we never have.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=244591

I loved the part -MSC will not make it on Carribbean LOL

How interesting that you would post a link to a negative review and not a positive one.

It was very busy cruise for some people they had meeting after meeting :pplus they had to go around and talk to hundreds of people about what went wrong . They eat in 5* restaurants only at home and had to suffer with MSC food :eek:.

PS as always "bad" review comes from new member LOL or just from some one who been paid to wright it)

Edited by GOLDENBONNY

It was very busy cruise for some people they had meeting after meeting :pplus they had to go around and talk to hundreds of people about what went wrong . They eat in 5* restaurants only at home and had to suffer with MSC food :eek:.

PS as always "bad" review comes from new member LOL or just from some one who been paid to wright it)

or paid to say what you have written swings both ways :)

If you read what was actually posted the op said it was the First review of the repo cruise, the fact that it was not written to please the self indulgent on here clearly shows you only want good news.

The last time i looked this site was called "Cruise "Critic" not cruise kiss my a$$!

Alex ... It is not my review but the first one posted on CC by "Vman" regarding the transatlantic, mine is not complete as of yet though it does not sound as bad as the one in the link.

Looking forward to your review.

This TA might be different from the other TAs in the sense that Divina is to be based in Miami for a prolonged period.

I assume the reviewer had a "regular" cabin. I'd like to read a review of someone who stayed in the Yacht Club to see a comparison with non-Yacht Club passengers.

:) The Yacht Club is less than 5% of the ship's capacity.

"Statistically" it's non-existent.

Just read the review from start to finish, although was severely tempted to abandon it part way through. Poster seemed more interested in pontificating than actually providing a balanced and informative review. The part that truly amazed me was the comment about taking 15 out of 19 days to discover the purpose (or words to that effect). What's to understand? A repo is to take a ship from one location to another. What more do you need to know? Then there was the moan about crew drills on port days......would the poster prefer that crew never practised safety drills?

Just read the review from start to finish, although was severely tempted to abandon it part way through. Poster seemed more interested in pontificating than actually providing a balanced and informative review. The part that truly amazed me was the comment about taking 15 out of 19 days to discover the purpose (or words to that effect). What's to understand? A repo is to take a ship from one location to another. What more do you need to know? Then there was the moan about crew drills on port days......would the poster prefer that crew never practised safety drills?

Thanks for that AmoMondo. It saves me reading it.

I can understand the point of repos: A to B. What I don't understand any where near so easily is A to A :).

My take is it took the reviewer 15-day to realise the first ever Divina TA was unusual in the sense that it was "Americanised" and homeported in Miami for an extended period of time.

I read some Carnival Sunshine passengers who sailed on its first cruise after coming out from dry dock complaining the ship wasn't 100% ready. Divina's TA was like the other side of the complaint.

There appears to be a lot of MSC conformists on here, ones who would accept a poor service, slow service, a lack of quality of food, and possibly any other complaint that may arise simply because it is a "repo" i do not recall reading any small print saying there will be a degraded service while repositioning , its not a case of get what you paid for, if a company claims its 5 stars then that is what you should receive, and expect, if you don't provide what you claim then you leave yourself wide open to complaints

"Then there was the moan about crew drills on port days"

What he/she did not mention was those carried out on Sea days! which limited staff during the day in various areas.

Sthelder ... You hit on another problem because the ship had only been Americanised by a change to the onboard currency, the rest continued as the ship sailed such as bars closed while staff did training.

It was more a case of lets take a ship to Miami but left all the detail until the last minute.

"Sasso also said he and the MSC team personally reviewed all comment cards and other feedback from the preview cruise"

No mention of any of those reviewed from the repo i see.

I have just read the second but short review of the three day sailing, it was a surprise to read the comments regarding the tv which before leaving the ship had been re programmed with quite a lot of Tv programmes from the US. The shower cubicle doors are not glass by the way but clear hard plastic which we found far better than those sticky curtains.

Not too unusual for companies to use transatlantic cruises to start to change things. We have done three with RCI, and each time there has been extra maintenance or things closed as the ship sails. Last year Independence was going in to dry dock and they did quiet a lot of prep for that on our cruise. Didn't really bother us. If a bar is closed there is always another to go to. I still think transatlantic cruises are great. The idea of using a ship to go somewhere rather than just round in a circle appeals to me. We enjoy sea days on the ship and they are usually good value and often have interesting ports. Rough with the smooth. Looking forward to hearing from the good folks on Preziosa as she repos to Santos, as we will be bringing her back in March.