Help! Organizing a group shore excursion

boulders

I have been organizing a group shore excursion on my roll call. We have a maximum we can take of 12. As of noon, we were at 10. I posted an update and said we had 2 places left. A few hours later, poster A said they were probably interested for 2 places and would let me know tomorrow. Ninety minutes after that, poster B said they definitely wanted the 2 spots.

So, who get the spots, poster A or B?

No one's complained yet, but I told poster B the spots were theirs. Was I wrong?

I have been organizing a group shore excursion on my roll call. We have a maximum we can take of 12. As of noon, we were at 10. I posted an update and said we had 2 places left. A few hours later, poster A said they were probably interested for 2 places and would let me know tomorrow. Ninety minutes after that, poster B said they definitely wanted the 2 spots.

No one's complained yet, but I told poster B the spots were theirs. Was I wrong?

Poster B because you told them the spot was there's. I would post something like. Just filled up my last 2 spots on the tour to ..... . Can't wait for this cruise to come! I can't see a fight breaking out on the roll call. Poster A will find something else to do. You couldn't win on this one. If you held the spot and "A" declined and then you offer it to "B" they might have found something else to do already. I don't think that there is going to be a problem.:)

Poster B because you told them the spot was there's. I would post something like. Just filled up my last 2 spots on the tour to ..... . Can't wait for this cruise to come! I can't see a fight breaking out on the roll call. Poster A will find something else to do. You couldn't win on this one. If you held the spot and "A" declined and then you offer it to "B" they might have found something else to do already. I don't think that there is going to be a problem.:)

I agree, poster B. Because they said they definitely wanted to do the excursion. Poster A just said "I'll get back to you (if we decide to go)".

Sorry, I have to disagree with the majority.

If you agreed that it was OK for A to let you know tomorrow you should have held to that and told B they would be on the 1st backup.

If you put a 24hr hold on a cruise went to book it only to find your hold had been given to someone who wanted to book immediately how would you feel?(breach of promise comes to mind)

If you hadn't said it was OK to to let you know tomorrow my then my apologies the point I made is moot.

Cheers, h.

Sorry, I have to disagree with the majority.

If you agreed that it was OK for A to let you know tomorrow you should have held to that and told B they would be on the 1st backup.

If you put a 24hr hold on a cruise went to book it only to find your hold had been given to someone who wanted to book immediately how would you feel?(breach of promise comes to mind)

If you hadn't said it was OK to to let you know tomorrow my then my apologies the point I made is moot.

Cheers, h.

No, I hadn't said that they could let me know the next day. If I'd said that, I wouldn't have given it to poster B. I didn't check the thread until both had posted. Poster A came back today and said they'd chosen something else anyway.

The one who paid first... unless you trust them to show up! (and I remember reading about people not showing up, or even not paying!)