Bon Voyage Dave (DMWNC1959)!!!

sunsetbeachgal

Since I am new to Cruise Critic, I missed your thread. However, I enjoyed Royal Princess very much. BTW, our Internet worked very well on our 11/17 cruise except for Thursday afternoon at the Sanctuary. Hopefully,yours will do the same. Enjoy this special cruise.

Dave, because of you I fell in love with the Royal long before I even set foot on this beautiful ship.

My dream cruise came true and I hope yours does too. Embrace every moment and have a fantastic cruise!

I was told when you walk by Princess Live if you touch the nose of the Sea Witch in lights, you will be put under her spell and have a magical cruise on the Royal Princess! Do it...it works!:D

Dave, I hope you have a fabulous trip and I can't wait to hear about your true impression of her. I am sure The Royal will live up to your expectations! See you soon and I hope Princess treats you royally as you deserve it!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi Dave,

We are looking forward to meeting you onboard this week so we can thank you in person for arranging our Meet & Greet, etc. Wish we would be able to sail both weeks with you. Enjoy your cruises!

Cindy & Mort

:DHi Dave.... our bags are packed and we are ready to go.... we just need to program the GPS for Ft Lauderdale, and we will be at our hotel in 4 hours. We can't believe this day is here..... Bob and I want to thank you so much for your excitement and talent that made planning for this trip so much fun...for us... Thanks to you, I don't think we will be completely lost when we got on board.... your Thread was wonderful....

We can't wait to meet you in person.. See you tomorrow at the sail away....

Bob and Jackie (Cruise happygal:D

Let me jump 'on board' and wish you a very sincere Bon Voyage. Your blog was one of the main reasons we decided to book the Royal - your enthusiasm was infectious! I hope you are properly recognized and rewarded by Princess crew for all you have done. And we're looking forward to a frank and informative Royal report. :)

I'm so excited for you to begin your cruise !! I also wish you all the best on your sailings and I am going to wait breathlessly for you to share your travels with us.

You have won our respect and admiration and you have done that which even my DH considered impossible - I am using capital letters and the return key when I type just as you suggested. Not just thread posts, Dave - e-mails, letters, everything. If it takes at least a month to create a habit and I've been doing this for at least 9 months...just saying ! (LOL)

Have a wonderful time and much grace and favor for you every moment of your cruise.

Kristine

All this out pouring of appreciation has never been more deserved so let me add mine. I followed your thread for a long time when we were planning our maiden TA and the ship was like an old acquaintance when I boarded her in October.

This cruise for you has been a long time coming and I am sure you are going to have the time of your life.

Bon voyage.

Dave,

Will you be up early Sunday mornings watching the Royal arrive? What a beautiful sight that would be!

Carole

No doubt:) Watching the cruise ships arrive in the early morning is like a well rehearsed ballet of graceful manuvers.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Just back in to the hotel from watching all five ships leave from the port. The wind was so brisk coming in off of the ocean they were using tugs to 'assist'.

It rained for a couple of hours this afternoon, sort of a nice drenching, and I camped out at the hotel and Starbucks across the street until it passed. I think that was the first time I can recall actually being here in Fort Lauderdale and it raining, so I guess I've been lucky in that aspect.

Tomorrow, weather permitting, I do plan on walking down to watch Royal Princess arrive. I did the same this morning for Crown Princess and it was pretty amazing.

I'll most definitely post something as well tomorrow, what's going on during embarkation, etc., and try to get more pictures on line via Tapatalk if it cooperates.

THANK YOU for all of your amazing support, kind words, enthusiasm, and friendship. It's been, without a doubt, the single most remarkable experience I've ever had on Cruise Critic.

And for those of you on the 12/1 and 12/8 sailings, see you on Royal Princess!!!

Some pictures from today....

11141526173_6bd2580ce1_c.jpg

11141526563_e7afa1f61a_c.jpg

11141526583_974a89d1ba_c.jpg

11141527233_7dd7b764df_c.jpg

11141539374_8de822c8c8_c.jpg

11141538454_89da3397bc_c.jpg

The wind was really fierce today. We actually drove down from Boynton to watch and photograph the 5 ships leaving today but decided not to venture out onto the exposed beach near the rocks. We know of public parking spots 3 blocks from the rocks but instead just parked on a driveway of a vacant house alongside the channel where there are no houses at a bend so we had clear shots of the last 3 going out. Trees blocked the lower parts of the ships and the pics were meh so nothing good to post.

DW thinks I'm crazy but if the weather cooperates we'll be back tomorrow when there are 6!

To support small business Saturday we ate at a restaurant owned by friends of ours, also refugees from NY. Grill 17, great burger place. In the same shopping center as Duffys and 5 Guys.

To support small business Saturday we ate at a restaurant owned by friends of ours, also refugees from NY. Grill 17, great burger place. In the same shopping center as Duffys and 5 Guys.
I will second the recommendation for Gilbert's 17th Street Grill. We had great food and very generous portions when we ate there prior to our cruise in January.

I've been down at the 17th Street bridge for about an hour, watched Independence of the Seas and Allure of the Seas arrive. Royal Princess is now getting ready to back up towards Terminal 2. All lit up she is quite pretty, and she looks huge!

On our recent cruise on the Royal Princess, My friends kept asking me, How did you know that? We have been on the ship less than 10 minutes, how do you know that? How did you find out about that? Etc.

My answers were always the same. I learned from Dave.

The next question was, Who's Dave?

Thanks so much for all your hard work and information. Enjoy your cruise and your first Bellini!! But remember what I posted, "The fruit of the loom" is very very strong!!

I can't wait to find out what Princess is doing for you to thank you for your great thread. Please let us know..

Steve