My booking has me listed as a male... Just checked, definitely a girl!

JenniLynn

We leave in 7 days! A couple of days ago while reviewing our boarding docs I noticed that both my husband and I are listed as "Mr.", now, I realize that in some cases this would expected... However, I am not a Mr. I am a Mrs. I went to edit it online and it would not let me edit my gender in the booking where it has me listed as a MALE. I sent a message to my TA who called CCL and messaged me back that he had called and it should be fixed... but it's not. I just checked again and I'm still listed as Mr. and as a Male in my profile.

Now, I really don't care how it's listed as long as I don't have any issues boarding the ship! I wouldn't mind being listed online as Mr. Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea as long as I don't have any issues at boarding time.

My name is spelled correctly in the booking and matches my passport. I have sailed over a dozen times with CCL and my VIFP number is correct also. I just want to be SURE that we don't have any issues! What do you all think?

We leave in 7 days! A couple of days ago while reviewing our boarding docs I noticed that both my husband and I are listed as "Mr.", now, I realize that in some cases this would expected... However, I am not a Mr. I am a Mrs. I went to edit it online and it would not let me edit my gender in the booking where it has me listed as a MALE. I sent a message to my TA who called CCL and messaged me back that he had called and it should be fixed... but it's not. I just checked again and I'm still listed as Mr. and as a Male in my profile.

Now, I really don't care how it's listed as long as I don't have any issues boarding the ship! I wouldn't mind being listed online as Mr. Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea as long as I don't have any issues at boarding time.

My name is spelled correctly in the booking and matches my passport. I have sailed over a dozen times with CCL and my VIFP number is correct also. I just want to be SURE that we don't have any issues! What do you all think?

It's happen to me before, had me listed as Mr, a quick call to Carnival fixed it right away.

Are you qualified to make such a decision on gender? LOL.

As long as they have the correct passport info should not be a problem but to ease your mind would call Carnival to fix this.

Dont think they would object to you call direct in this case.

That's weird.

On mine under account info you can change your title via a drop down menu. Under my cruises there is no title listed at all.

In my general profile I am listed as Mrs. It is just in the Guest Information profile for THIS CRUISE that I am listed as Male and in the boarding docs that I am listed as Mr. I do see where I can edit it in the general profile, but it will not let me edit gender in the Guest Information section of the Manage my Booking portion of the site. My TA did call CCL and was assured all was well... He informed me that it should have changed in the docs, but it did not. He is on the case, but I will be a little apprehensive until it is fixed online or until I am safely onboard ship... even if my room steward does call me Mr. Jenni all week ! :eek:

Edited by JenniLynn

Are you qualified to make such a decision on gender? LOL.

As long as they have the correct passport info should not be a problem but to ease your mind would call Carnival to fix this.

Dont think they would object to you call direct in this case.

I haven't called yet because usually they want people who book via a TA to go through the TA, as well they should. But maybe you're right. If I don't have a resolution my tomorrow I will try to call myself. I'll tell them golfadj said it was OK!:p

Oh, and I'm an RN so I am pretty sure I know which gender is which!

Edited by JenniLynn

If they don't fix it in time, how are you prepared to prove to them you are female at embarkation?:D:p

I'll be MUCH MORE concerned if someone asks me to prove I'm a MALE! I could prove I'm a female if ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED!!:rolleyes: But I would be Seriously out of luck if asked to prove I am a male as listed in the documents currently!!!:eek::eek::eek:

I'll be MUCH MORE concerned if someone asks me to prove I'm a MALE! I could prove I'm a female if ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED!!:rolleyes:

Haha. But you're not going to try to prove you're a male.

You want them to correct their record. So how would you prove you're a female? ;):D;)

I wouldn't be quite so confident. The external physiology can sometimes get fouled up. I think you better have a DNA test and bring the genetic results with you.

Of course, if it comes out XXXXY, even TSA will have a dilemma on their hands ........

I haven't called yet because usually they want people who book via a TA to go through the TA, as well they should. But maybe you're right. If I don't have a resolution my tomorrow I will try to call myself. I'll tell them golfadj said it was OK!:p

Oh, and I'm an RN so I am pretty sure I know which gender is which!

Ask for reservation agent #13. She will be expecting your call unless of course she isnt.

You guys are all making me laugh! It is a little weird that this seems to happen relatively often. In the past, I have booked myself online; I've booked with a PVP, and the last few cruises with this TA. There are pros and cons to each scenario, but I've always been a woman until now... :DLOL. I'm sure it will get worked out or at the very least we will get it straight at the pier if there is even an issue at all... I don't plan on bringing it up if they don't.:p I will be boarding that ship come next Saturday!!! (Even if I have to "grow a pair" so to speak!;))

They did that to my sister when we cruised back in 08 - we didn't know until she got her sign and sail card.. no issues only thing is the beds weren't together for her husband and her so the room steward just had to put the beds together.. no other issues at all during the cruise. was our PVP's mistake.. no biggy. . just call them and they will take care of the change for you.

It happened to my wife once. In my profile on Carnival.com where I had my wife set up as a traveling companing (or whatever they call it) so you can select it and it fills everything in for you when you make a booking, I apparently had her "title" wrong. I don't remember ever selecting that optional field for either of us when I set things up, so maybe it defaulted to "Mr." for both of us (and you). Did not figure it our until I wondered why she was listed as the primary on everything, even though I made the reservation.

:D