Safe place to leave car in Ft. Lauderdale

Chery

We will be driving to Ft Lauderdale to board the cruise after an extended stay in Florida for the winter. Where do you suggest leaving our car that would be safe. Also suggestions for an overnight stay in Ft. Lauderdale would be appreciated as well.

There are parking garages at Port Everglades. We've parked there without issue a few times.

As to hotel, we have stayed at Embassy Suites on 17th Street a couple of times. It's comfortable but not super luxurious. It's very convenient to grocery, drug store, liquor store.

Hi Chery, I would consider arriving into Ft. Lauderdale the day before your cruise, and staying at a hotel that offers parking included during the cruise. You can check in, relax, have a nice dinner, and be one of the first on board the next morning. Here is a USAToday article with hotel info: http://traveltips.usatoday.com/hotels-cruise-parking-packages-near-fort-lauderdale-61493.html. Friends of mine enjoyed their stay at Hilton Garden Inn. The return from port to hotel may not offer a shuttle, and you can just grab a taxi off the ship. You can also check out hotel/parking reviews on Tripadvisor here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g34227-zfa7-Fort_Lauderdale_Florida-Hotels.html.

Dania Beach has several hotels with parking allowed while you are gone. Hilton Garden Inn, Comfort inn and Homewood Suites are 3 with shuttles to and from the pier. It is a short ride to the pier and there is a shopping mall right there with good restaurants.

I have used Premier Parking. http://premierparkingusa.com and for 6 days it was $37.04 wich includes a complimentary shuttle for 4 round trip. Hope that helps!

Ken

Careful!!! It was Premier Parking a couple of weeks ago where people got off their ship to find keys missing, other keys thrown into the parking lot and employees gone.

Google it......or do a search on these boards.....it was a mess! No way would I ever use this company!!!

Edited by GTO-Girl

Careful!!! It was Premier Parking a couple of weeks ago where people got off their ship to find keys missing, other keys thrown into the parking lot and employees gone.

Google it......or do a search on these boards.....it was a mess! No way would I ever use this company!!!

Read the article and it was their Miami Location. These people were using the Ft Lauderdale Location I read Trip Advisor ( recommend it for all issues on travel) and the reviews were fine.

A blonde walks into a bank and asks for the loan officer. She says she's going to Europe on business for two weeks and needs to borrow $5,000. The bank officer says the bank will need some kind of security for the loan, so the blonde hands over the keys to a new Rolls Royce. The car is parked on the street in front of the bank. She has the title and everything checks out. The bank agrees to accept the car as collateral for the loan.

The bank's president and its officers all enjoy a good laugh at the blonde for using a $250,000 rolls as collateral against a $5,000 loan. An employee of the bank then proceeds to drive the Rolls into the bank's underground garage and parks it there. Two weeks later, the blonde returns, repays the $5,000 and the interest, which comes to $15.41. The loan officer says, "Miss, we are very happy to have had your business, and this transaction has worked out very nicely, but we are a little puzzled. While you were away, we checked you out and found that you are a multimillionaire. What puzzles us is, why would you bother to borrow $5,000?" The blonde replies....."Where else can I park my car for two weeks for only $15.41 and expect it to be there when I return?"