Arriving at port

Titch77

Never been on RC or USA departing cruise before. Leaving Orlando for Fort Lauderdale in the morning.....what is the normal procedure at the port?

Will be returning hire car at Airport (Alamo drop off zone), besides heading to the port not sure what to expect?

Never been on RC or USA departing cruise before. Leaving Orlando for Fort Lauderdale in the morning.....what is the normal procedure at the port?

Will be returning hire car at Airport (Alamo drop off zone), besides heading to the port not sure what to expect?

I am not sure exactly what you are asking. Fort Lauderdale is over a 3 hour drive from Orlando so make sure you give yourself extra time for traffic.

Have allowed plenty time but thanks for the advice.

Am just not sure what to expect.

From posts I've read I know there'll be signs directing us where to go but do we take our cases to a particular place, what paperwork is needed at what point etc?

I think what I'm asking for is a step by step summary of what the pre-boarding procedure is. Or am I worrying about nothing and it's all really clear and I should just go with the flow?

Thanks

From posts I've read I know there'll be signs directing us where to go but do we take our cases to a particular place, what paperwork is needed at what point etc?

I think what I'm asking for is a step by step summary of what the pre-boarding procedure is. Or am I worrying about nothing and it's all really clear and I should just go with the flow?

Thanks

You will need identification to enter the port and board the ship. Passports are best.

It would also help to have your online check-in completed which enables your SetSail pass (boarding pass) to be printed. While this is not essential, it does cut time off the boarding process. This is all done using Royal's website.

Another helpful item is to have luggage tags attached to your bags. Again, this is not required, but can make things a bit less hectic at the port. Luggage tags can be printed via Royal's website.

You will be dropped near the porters where you will give them your bags. If your bags don't have tags, just tell the porters your stateroom number and then they will make tags for you.

You then go through security, very similar to airport security. There are people and signs that will direct you.

From security you go to check-in. This is where will receive your SeaPass card and be cleared to board the ship.

If the ship is available for boarding, you will board immediately. If not, you will be directed to a waiting area with chairs where you will wait until the ship starts boarding.

Thanks

Alamo rental car in FLL will have a shuttle for you to get to the port. You will need to have your bags tagged, as Bob mentioned. Let them know which ship you are boarding.

The shuttle will drop you off, where you hand your bags over to the porters.

Make sure you have your passport and boarding documents in hand and proceed into the terminal for check in. :)