All things Anthem of the Seas :)

BillOh

Correct....not until Wednesday for C&A.

During a call with C&A a few hours ago about my upcoming Adventure OTS cruise I asked about Anthem. The agent checked the system and said emails will be going out to Pinnacle and Diamond Plus members on March 12 as to when they can book Anthem's Caribbean sailing from FLL. Since you were kind enough to share what you heard, just wanted to return and share my findings. I do hope though it goes the way you heard, i.e. open for all C&A on 3/12/14.

I thought the winter sailings of the Anthem included the following ports from Ft. Lauderdale:

8-day to Eastern Caribbean,visiting St Maarten (Philipsburg), St Kitts (Basseterre), Puerto Rico (San Juan), and Haiti (Labadee).

6-day to Western Caribbean, 6-day to Western Caribbean, visiting Grand Cayman (George Town), Jamaica (Falmouth), and Haiti (Labadee).

If those are the ports it's the same schedule that Independence OTS does during the winter. Navigator OTS also did a similar schedule when she did winter in FLL. Would be nice to include some Southern Caribbean ports for a change.

If those are the ports it's the same schedule that Independence OTS does during the winter. Navigator OTS also did a similar schedule when she did winter in FLL. Would be nice to include some Southern Caribbean ports for a change.

I'm thinking those will be the ports. But I think they will be doing back to back 7 days just like oasis and allure. I see anthem replacing allures schedule.

I agree. A change in ports would be nice for us as well!

I thought the winter sailings of the Anthem included the following ports from Ft. Lauderdale:

8-day to Eastern Caribbean,visiting St Maarten (Philipsburg), St Kitts (Basseterre), Puerto Rico (San Juan), and Haiti (Labadee).

6-day to Western Caribbean, 6-day to Western Caribbean, visiting Grand Cayman (George Town), Jamaica (Falmouth), and Haiti (Labadee).

I see some appeal to both of those itineraries as well. Previously I haven't considered doing 8 day cruises because of work, but I'm finally at the 3 weeks per year level. The only cruise I did that had San Juan as a port, had very restrictive hours. That was back in 2006 on Voyager, so I don't remember clearly, but it was like only 4-5 hours.

I anticipate we'll see some familiar ports and new ones as well in the available itineraries for Anthem in the Caribbean (compared to INDY and Navigator).

Yes, that is true. For us, any change in ports is good........prompts us to think about staying Loyal to Royal!

So is the general consensus that we'll find out the Fall 2015 Caribbean itineraries tomorrow but bookings are only open to Diamond Plus and above?

Lowly Diamond here ready to book Anthem out of Florida!!!

Should be open to all C&A members, not just D+ and up. I was surprised to hear that comment from C&A since it's entirely counter to how they usually open bookings. I expect that we'll find out that it was incorrect.

Royal has really tried my patience these last couple of months -- keeping me from booking Anthem on they day they announced all C&A members could book would have a negative impact on my view of RC.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by Dave85

Should be open to all C&A members, not just D+ and up. I was surprised to hear that comment from C&A since it's entirely counter to how they usually open bookings. I expect that we'll find out that it was incorrect.

Royal has really tried my patience these last couple of months -- keeping me from booking Anthem on they day they announced all C&A members could book would have a negative impact on my view of RC.

Lately they've been announcing C&A dates and opening to all on that day regardless of level or even being a member.

So is the general consensus that we'll find out the Fall 2015 Caribbean itineraries tomorrow but bookings are only open to Diamond Plus and above?

Lowly Diamond here ready to book Anthem out of Florida!!!

Anthem will likely be my first cruise as Diamond. I'll be 1 point shy after my jewel cruise so I won't be officially diamond till I get off of Freedom.

Lately they've been announcing C&A dates and opening to all on that day regardless of level or even being a member.

Haha true, good point.

Thanks for sharing the info.

Wow, a Thursday opening instead of a Wednesday ??? What's up with RCL ??? Let's see if they load the Anthem into the reservation system this evening ???

Wow, a Thursday opening instead of a Wednesday ??? What's up with RCL ??? Let's see if they load the Anthem into the reservation system this evening ???

I thought what Mott was implying was that booking would open for higher C&A levels (D+ and up) on Wednesday and lower levels on Thursday... lets see if anyone can confirm that since it would be a departure from past protocol.

Edited by Dave85

I thought what Mott was implying was that booking would open for higher C&A levels (D+ and up) on Wednesday and lower levels on Thursday... lets see if anyone can confirm that since it would be a departure from past protocol.

Just like the opening day for the QOTS, lol. Everyone booked regardless of C&A level :):):)

LOL I hope so! If it really is opening tomorrow, we might get some news late this afternoon.

Nothing loaded in system as of 0800. Not encouraging for an opening today !!!

Not sure where the RCCI rep or your TA got their information, but I am in the U.S. and I just got off the phone with Crown and Anchor. I am an upper tier member. The rep. told me that they have received no notification that any new sailing dates for Anthem are to be released today or tomorrow. She then verified that information with the Resolutions Department whom she said is the first to be notified of future deployment sailings. In addition, the Resolutions Department told her that as of today, no specific date for new sailings of Quantum has been set.

Not sure where the RCCI rep or your TA got their information, but I am in the U.S. and I just got off the phone with Crown and Anchor. I am an upper tier member. The rep. told me that they have received no notification that any new sailing dates for Anthem are to be released today or tomorrow. She then verified that information with the Resolutions Department whom she said is the first to be notified of future deployment sailings. In addition, the Resolutions Department told her that as of today, no specific date for new sailings of Quantum has been set.

The 3/12/14 Caribbean opening for the Anthem was in a PR press release. Typical dysfunctional response from RCL, it does seem that there is a problem within RCL with communications ????

The 3/12/14 Caribbean opening for the Anthem was in a PR press release. Typical dysfunctional response from RCL, it does seem that there is a problem within RCL with communications ????

You've got to be kidding me...

Maritime R/R:

I Also Live In America---Orlando, To Be Specific.

I Got My Info From When I Talked To The Crown / Anchor Rep On The Phone, As Well As My Travel Agent.

In Addition, If You Read My Entire Original Post...I Said That I Was Told The ANTHEM Would Go On Sale 03/13/14...Not Sure Where You Got The Quantum From.

The Lack Of Communication Isn't Surprising To Me From RCCL, As I Have Called And Asked A Few Questions Before, And Gotten Different Answers---All Depending On Who Answered The Phone.