123 GO Promo

jaydeebee60

So we're taking the Constellation on the 23rd and booked way before they launched the 123 Go Promotion. We're US customers and booked with a TA. Is it worth even calling about or is there basically zero chance we'll get the drink package added to our room?

So we're taking the Constellation on the 23rd and booked way before they launched the 123 Go Promotion. We're US customers and booked with a TA. Is it worth even calling about or is there basically zero chance we'll get the drink package added to our room?

We booked a Feb 2015 cruise before the new 123 Go promotion. We asked our TA and he added with drink package without rebooking or any additional cost. Another person from our roll call was able to add the drink package as well. Definitely worth trying.

We booked the week before the promo and our US TA was able to add it to our booking too but we did ask him - it wasn't automatic. And he had to liaise with Celebrity to add it. No need to cancel and rebook either.

Edited by Pushka

We booked a Feb 2015 cruise before the new 123 Go promotion. We asked our TA and he added with drink package without rebooking or any additional cost. Another person from our roll call was able to add the drink package as well. Definitely worth trying.

We booked in August,for a cruise in Nov 2014 they won't even consider it and said we can't cancel and rebook,it won't be recognised apparently.

They were quite rude about it all.We are in Australia,I guess that's the catch.

Sharon

We booked in August,for a cruise in Nov 2014 they won't even consider it and said we can't cancel and rebook,it won't be recognised apparently.

They were quite rude about it all.We are in Australia,I guess that's the catch.

Sharon

I'm in Australia and it was added. Mind you, we only booked a couple of days before the promo. Maybe it's a timing thing.

Who was rude about it? Celebrity or the TA. If the latter maybe a switch might do the trick?

Edited by Pushka

I'm in Australia and it was added. Mind you, we only booked a couple of days before the promo. Maybe it's a timing thing.

Who was rude about it? Celebrity or the TA. If the latter maybe a switch might do the trick?

We booked through Celebrity, so not sure what to do now.She had a great explanation for us but couldn't explain why others have had it added.

We booked through Celebrity, so not sure what to do now.She had a great explanation for us but couldn't explain why others have had it added.

What was her great explanation? I cannot imagine that it would make much sense. Unless the price has increased significantly since you have to pay the current rate and not combine with any other offers.

Since you can cancel and get a full refund of your deposit I would cancel. Then be prepared to wait a month or so then rebook with a TA. I would not tell Celebrity of your plan. I suspect that if they price has not increased they might try to get you not to cancel by adding the promo.

Good luck.

What was her great explanation? I cannot imagine that it would make much sense. Unless the price has increased significantly since you have to pay the current rate and not combine with any other offers.

Since you can cancel and get a full refund of your deposit I would cancel. Then be prepared to wait a month or so then rebook with a TA. I would not tell Celebrity of your plan. I suspect that if they price has not increased they might try to get you not to cancel by adding the promo.

Good luck.

Thanks, on the phone she wasn't very helpful and basically said that there was nothing they could do,and that if we cancelled and rebooked we couldn't get the promo as they wouldn't recognize it as a new booking.

Then she sent an email stating much the same thing, she also said that they weren't going to give the promo to existing bookings as they were in the business of making money and that it would be foolish to offer it to existing bookings and that it was to encourage new bookings.

Thanks, on the phone she wasn't very helpful and basically said that there was nothing they could do,and that if we cancelled and rebooked we couldn't get the promo as they wouldn't recognize it as a new booking.

Then she sent an email stating much the same thing, she also said that they weren't going to give the promo to existing bookings as they were in the business of making money and that it would be foolish to offer it to existing bookings and that it was to encourage new bookings.

I would call their bluff and cancel and book via a TA in a month or so. Even if they did not consider it a new booking I am confident that you could rebook. Are they really going to refuse a booking? The only risk is the the price might go up between now and then. IMO the statement that you cannot rebook "ever" is B.S. also I would not tell them your plans. Just tell them that you are canceling because you are disappointed in their policy and you are going to make other plans. Then later you can decide to book it again.

I would politely ask to speak to a supervisor. This does not add up. What I would also do (in fact did, in order to get my booking changed from OBC to 123, Classic Bev pkg) is go through the process of making an online reservation UP TO and INCLUDING determining availability and price - that way you can diffuse any arguments they may raise regarding lack of availability and increases in price.

I don't think they meant that you could never cancel and then rebook, just that if you did that you would still not qualify for the 123 go perks. In any case, it may be worth a try if you want it that badly.:D

Thanks everyone for all of your input,I will try and speak to someone else and see how I go.Its not that important we are going to get the drinks package anyway but when we noticed others seemed to be having it added without question thought we would give it a go.

Thanks everyone for all of your input,I will try and speak to someone else and see how I go.Its not that important we are going to get the drinks package anyway but when we noticed others seemed to be having it added without question thought we would give it a go.

Good luck, hope it works out.:D