FOS Guaranteed Interior Stateroom past experiences

I just booked FOS for the week of Feb 16th, and we are taking our daughter, so paying for three people limited me $$ wise to interior.

Searching the three people, I was offered guaranteed interior for about $800 less than "choose your cabin" interior.

I was looking to see if any of you guys have booked this route (for 3-4 people in a cabin), and if so, where you ended up.

I called in since I used my NextCruise, and she guessed Deck 2, but when I looked online, there were no Deck 2 cabins for 3+ people in the search (just decks 7-9).

Anyway, I am very interested to see where we will end up. My OCD is killing me... :)

The only time I've used inside guarantee was on Independence and I ended up in a Cat N on deck two. But that was a different ship and only two passengers. But I think it's safe to assume that you may be placed in the "less desirable" areas since those are the rooms that will be left over to be assigned. But the beauty of insides are that you don't have to worry about having a bad view :) I almost always do insides and am very happy with them, no matter the location.

I don't think a Freedom guarantee is going to be different than a guarantee on any other ship in the fleet.

I've only done an inside guarantee once - surprisingly, I was bumped up to a Promenade cabin. I was okay with that!

Thanks for all of the replies so far. Also, what has been everyones experience in regards to how close to sail date was the cabin assigned?

It can be anytime, from today until the day you sail.

Thanks for all of the replies so far. Also, what has been everyones experience in regards to how close to sail date was the cabin assigned?

I booked an inside guarantee on FOS for February as well. Booked last week. We received our cabin assignment later the same day. We received cat M, deck 9, forward. More forward then I would have chosen myself, but it's OK. Totally worth the $$ savings.

Edited by yj2cute

I had booked my 7th deck room and when the price dropped 2-3 weeks later for the guarantee I swapped it. We had our room assignment 5 days later.

I booked with Princess guarantee in the past and only got a room assignment the day we departed at the dock. Good thing it was an oceanview room instead of the interior I had booked. :D

I booked an inside guarantee for my upcoming cruise and was assigned a room on deck 2 about three days after deposit. I used a tip I found on these boards to change my assignment...found a room in the same category I was assigned that I liked better on deck 6, called RCL and made the change. Very simple, and we saved $400 this way!

almost always do inside guarantee. we've had rooms mid ship, but most often forward, on decks 8 or 9. on our upcoming FOS trip we are pretty far forward, but the price was too good to pass up. got our room assignments usually 1 day to 1 week after booking (and paying in full at the same time.

We were on FOS last summer and I booked 2 inside guarantees: one for 2people and one for 3 people. The 2 person room was on 8 forward and the 3 person room was on 7 aft. Both were super quiet rooms. I was with my 2 daughters in the 3 person room. They were 13 and 16 years old. It was pretty tight in there, but we were hardly in the room. It can be hard sharing a bathroom, but that wouldn't change with a larger room. Disney's bathrooms are setup better.

I booked an inside guarantee for my upcoming cruise and was assigned a room on deck 2 about three days after deposit. I used a tip I found on these boards to change my assignment...found a room in the same category I was assigned that I liked better on deck 6, called RCL and made the change. Very simple, and we saved $400 this way!

That's interesting! I am very curious about that option. My concern is being "upgraded" to an OV room that is way up in the front. Due to my wife's motion sensitivity, I would rather be interior center / mid-ship as opposed to OV front.

I'm very anxious to see where we are placed... :)

That's interesting! I am very curious about that option. My concern is being "upgraded" to an OV room that is way up in the front. Due to my wife's motion sensitivity, I would rather be interior center / mid-ship as opposed to OV front.

Well, I logged in today and saw our cabin assignment which is Deck 2 way near the aft (back).

Anyone have any experiences (good or bad) with being down on the "aft end" of Deck 2?

I am trying to decide whether or not to try and move to the deck 6-8 range...

I see you were already assigned, but I would suggest to others that if you have specific cabin locations that are unacceptable for any reason for you, then you should not book a guarantee room since you might be placed into a room that is unacceptable to you.

Most of the time you can switch to another cabin in the same category, but that is not a guaranteed thing.

As for me, I really do not care where I am, as long as I am on the ship in the category I paid for or above (of course). I can walk, and probably need the exercise anyways.

Yep, I knew what I was agreeing to by saving $$$ with a guarantee stateroom. My comment about moving was based on others comments about being able to move a guarantee room after assignment.

The main thing about being that low and aft that concerned me was some things I have read about being able to hear noise from the pod props.

If we end up there, that's where we go and I'm glad to have saved the money. That being said, if I do have the chance to potentially move, I'm interested in that option as well... :-)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

If we end up there, that's where we go and I'm glad to have saved the money. That being said, if I do have the chance to potentially move, I'm interested in that option as well... :-)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

If you find a cabin in the same category that will work for 3 in a different location/deck, just call RC or your TA and ask to be changed. If the cabin you chose is open, it should be no problem to change. We've done this before as well when we used a guarantee. (In our case, like Bob, the original cabin assignment had a connecting door. We switched to a cabin with no connecting door.)

Good luck, and have a great cruise!

Judy

Edited by foxgoodrich

I booked an interior guarantee in my first cruise (Oasis) and got an interior in deck 8 whichever as fine for me since I could walk out and I was in Central Park. We did not use the cabin at all but to sleep change and bath. For my next cruises hat I will go in a month I booked an interior as well, this was on deck 4. Good as well since we could walk out and be right in The Centrum. But prices on OV guarantee dropped even lower than assigned insides so I switched and ended up saving money, I don't have a cabin assigned yet but my guess is on deck 2 with those small portholes ha.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there! I'm also looking to possibly do a guarantee room, and was wondering if anyone could decipher the difference from a Guarantee Z (that I have chosen before and ended up on floors 2/3) and Guarantee Q?

I'm looking at the Independence sailing on Feb. 1....I've been watching for a while the rooms, and the stock that shows up on RCCL (although I know they won't show ALL the rooms) are all floors 6, 8 and 9 that are available.

Just debating between an extra $400 to pick my room on floor 9 to avoid being on floor 2, or taking the gamble :)

Thanks in advance for any insights to the Q vs. Z guarantee!

Hi there! I'm also looking to possibly do a guarantee room, and was wondering if anyone could decipher the difference from a Guarantee Z (that I have chosen before and ended up on floors 2/3) and Guarantee Q?

I'm looking at the Independence sailing on Feb. 1....I've been watching for a while the rooms, and the stock that shows up on RCCL (although I know they won't show ALL the rooms) are all floors 6, 8 and 9 that are available.

Just debating between an extra $400 to pick my room on floor 9 to avoid being on floor 2, or taking the gamble :)

Thanks in advance for any insights to the Q vs. Z guarantee!

A guarantee z is a guarantee for any inside cabin while a guarantee Q is a guarantee only for the inside Q category of which there are not that many cabins and they are all typically at the very front or back of the ship.

A "Z" could get you assigned a k,l,m,n or q.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

A guarantee z is a guarantee for any inside cabin while a guarantee Q is a guarantee only for the inside Q category of which there are not that many cabins and they are all typically at the very front or back of the ship.

A "Z" could get you assigned a k,l,m,n or q.

Thanks Ken. I didn't realize Q was an actual category! Now I see that puts me on 2, 6 or 8. Now to weigh the risk of a floor 2 inside vs. $400!

Thanks for the insight!

Thanks Ken. I didn't realize Q was an actual category! Now I see that puts me on 2, 6 or 8. Now to weigh the risk of a floor 2 inside vs. $400!

Thanks for the insight!

Remember also that once you are assigned, they usually allow you to change stateroom, as long as you stay within the same exact category that was assigned.

Thanks for the insight!

We did a Q guarantee on the Liberty and initially were assigned 2 cabins on deck 2 but were able to change them for 2 on deck 6 all the way forward. Loved being on deck 6 even with the bit of a walk forward.

We did a Q guarantee on the Liberty and initially were assigned 2 cabins on deck 2 but were able to change them for 2 on deck 6 all the way forward. Loved being on deck 6 even with the bit of a walk forward.

I think if we weren't so close to sail date, that might be a gamble worth taking.:D However, with 4 weeks to go, my guess is that the pick of the litter and ability to 'move around' will be limited. I think I'll hold off for just another few days until we hit the 21 day mark. I've seemed to have had success at that date.