Arriving time at St Thomas and St Martin

Happy holidays everyone. Hope you all had a nice Turkey Day. My Jan 11th Oasis sail is less than 40 days away. So excited!!!

We arrive at St Thomas on Jan 14th @ 10am

St Maarten Jan 15th @ 8am

As it is going to be cruise ship central on those days

St Thomas will have the following Oasis(Yay!!!), Carnival Freedom, Dream, Reflection, & Nordam. That will be approx 20,000 people descending on the island.

St.Maarten will have the following Oasis(We're #1), FOS, Dream, Reflection, Gem, Ventura, and Westerdam. That will be approx 1.7 million people:)

As i am in charge of all mission planning...I want to know what time I can expect to realistically expect to get off Oasis each morning and what time to I need to be safely back on the ship. Any tip, tricks, secrets, bribes, or blackmail that you've used is greatly appreciated.

Jeff

My simple advice is get off the ship as soon as you dock and it is possible. That way you can beat some of the crowd that sleeps in.:). The ports will be busy.

And what time were you able to get off the Oasis when you docked in St Thomas?

I think the schedule for St Martin's might be off a little. The FOS is always a day later then the Oasis. The FOS should be in St Martin's on Thurs, Jan 16th.

FOS is in St. Maarten on the 15th and St Thomas on the 16th.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cruiseDetails/itinerary.do?packageCode=FR07E091&sailDate=1140112

Another issue could be the time on the Oasis. When I sailed the Freedom, there was no time change, so our 11 am arrival in St Thomas was actually 12 noon local time and it was the same time difference on St. Martin. I found it annoying not to be on the local time since the locals and folks from other ships were on the local time.

Happy holidays everyone. Hope you all had a nice Turkey Day. My Jan 11th Oasis sail is less than 40 days away. So excited!!!

We arrive at St Thomas on Jan 14th @ 10am

St Maarten Jan 15th @ 8am

As it is going to be cruise ship central on those days

St Thomas will have the following Oasis(Yay!!!), Carnival Freedom, Dream, Reflection, & Nordam. That will be approx 20,000 people descending on the island.

St.Maarten will have the following Oasis(We're #1), FOS, Dream, Reflection, Gem, Ventura, and Westerdam. That will be approx 1.7 million people:)

As i am in charge of all mission planning...I want to know what time I can expect to realistically expect to get off Oasis each morning and what time to I need to be safely back on the ship. Any tip, tricks, secrets, bribes, or blackmail that you've used is greatly appreciated.

Jeff

Where did you come up with THAT number?

In St. Maarten the compass will say 8am ship time arrival, and approx. 8:30am gangway opening. I had a 9am local time excursion:eek: so was up early with the plan of being at the gangplank waiting to second it opened. Well when I went to breakfast at 7am we were already docked and the gangplank was already open.

St Thomas it was about 10am ship time when when the gangplank was open. I know I was on the pier by about 10:15am