You have to call to pre-order coffee card?

MTdreaming

I was going to order one, just to avoid the crowds and to have it from day one. Took some searching on site to even find out how to do it, but you either have to call or download the form for gifts and services and then mail it?? Really.. you can book everything else online..just seems odds. I don't like having to call for something so silly, wanted to just click and go.:confused:

I usually just call and order them in advance. No form is required, although it helps to know the item number from the form to help the agent find it in their system. There will be a voucher waiting in your cabin that you exchange for the card.

The card is $31 in advance but onboard it is a couple of dollars more.

I usually just call and order them in advance. No form is required, although it helps to know the item number from the form to help the agent find it in their system. There will be a voucher waiting in your cabin that you exchange for the card.

The card is $31 in advance but onboard it is a couple of dollars more.

I ordered mine on line for my October CB cruise. It was in the room waiting when I got onboard. You do save a few dollars in tax or gratuity (not sure which) if you order online. I also ordered my internet online and just had to log on and set it up when I boarded.

The order form is under gifts I believe and is VERY simple. I did not have to mail it. I believe I emailed it.

Maureen

Edited by jrzebird

I ordered mine on line for my October CB cruise. It was in the room waiting when I got onboard. You do save a few dollars in tax or gratuity (not sure which) if you order online. I also ordered my internet online and just had to log on and set it up when I boarded.

The order form is under gifts I believe and is VERY simple. I did not have to mail it. I believe I emailed it.

Maureen

The form I found says to fax, mail or call, didn't find an email. This isn't worth saving $2... thanks.

You've discovered one of the features that I wish Princess would update and just about every other cruise line does better - the ability to order/prepay for things on line. I would like pay for my shore excursions, order items for my cabin (booze, coffee card, flowers, etc.), pay for spa treatments, make reservations/pay for specialty dining, etc. all before we board so my cash outlay upon disembarking is kept to a minimum. I wish Princess would pick this feature up from Carnival.

You've discovered one of the features that I wish Princess would update and just about every other cruise line does better - the ability to order/prepay for things on line. I would like pay for my shore excursions, order items for my cabin (booze, coffee card, flowers, etc.), pay for spa treatments, make reservations/pay for specialty dining, etc. all before we board so my cash outlay upon disembarking is kept to a minimum. I wish Princess would pick this feature up from Carnival.

You can purchase an Onboard Credit to cover whatever you want to pre-pay. We do this all the time for gratituties, bottles of wine, excursions, specialty dinners, etc.

There is no online or email option for pre-order of the coffee card. Someone stated in a previous post that you can do this, but it's just not so. Faxing or calling Princess are your only options. Calling was quick and easy but an online option would be nice.

If you are using a TA for your bookings, he/she can order these things online in their reservation system. Then you get a voucher in your cabin which you can redeem at the IC the first day. We like doing this so that we can pay in CAD$.

There is no long line for the Coffee Card onboard. Just go to the International Café coffee bar . Good item to use that OBC your TA may have given you or earned via promo rate.

Only delay we had in getting the card was when we exchanged our mini-bar for 2 cards on our Nov. cruise.. Didn't deliver until 2nd day. Fortunatly we had an old card with hole punches left.

There is no online or email option for pre-order of the coffee card. Someone stated in a previous post that you can do this, but it's just not so. Faxing or calling Princess are your only options. Calling was quick and easy but an online option would be nice.

This is not so. I just preordered mine for my repo cruise in October and I did not call or fax. I went to gifts and ordered it. It was on my bed when I got to the room.

This is not so. I just preordered mine for my repo cruise in October and I did not call or fax. I went to gifts and ordered it. It was on my bed when I got to the room.

Oh my gosh, I apologize , I am wrong. I just checked the website and it is by phone or fax only. I swear it wasn't like that a few months ago. Next time I'm so sure I'm right I'll check first.

Oh my gosh, I apologize , I am wrong. I just checked the website and it is by phone or fax only. I swear it wasn't like that a few months ago. Next time I'm so sure I'm right I'll check first.

Yeah things change, this can't be a "for better" one though. Not a big deal, just wanted to avoid one - even short - line, but if this is the worst thing, I am indeed in tall cotton. Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Yeah things change, this can't be a "for better" one though. Not a big deal, just wanted to avoid one - even short - line, but if this is the worst thing, I am indeed in tall cotton. Thanks everyone for the feedback.

It will not be as much as avoiding even a short line as it will be avoiding multiple crew members who will ask if you want to purchase this.

I exchange my liquor and soda for two cards every cruise. I have so many cards now.

My wife likes to order lattes every day. I use my blank cards for the brewed coffee.

As soon as I board, I call room service and let them know that I want to trade for

cards. They normally come when I am at muster drill.

Greg