Wait until flight

LPut714

Yes--we had this twice when we sailed into Miami. We rented a car for the day and did some sightseeing and visited South Beach in Miami. There is lots to see in the Fort Lauderdale and Miami area. What you visit depends on what you like to do. [could even drive and do an air boat tour, or drive part of the way down the keys]

Then drive back to the airport and return the car. . . . so easy!

Our flight isn't until 8p after we return to FLL any suggestions on what to do
we went to holiday everglades park home to the animal planet series gator boys if you like that kind of thing they have a free gator show after the airboat ride it was fun

We rented a "day room" at Rhodeway Inn from 8 am to 6 pm. They give u free breakfast, free wifi, free shuttle from port to hotel then hotel to airport. All for 49$ Just ask for a renovated room...was very clean. We use their pool and slept for a few hours then was ready to go home. My family appreciated it a lot! Beats waiting at airport whole day. They even shuttle my brothers family to Las Olas for 2 hours then shuttle them back. He just gave the driver a tip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We loved the Everglades Holiday Park, home of the Gator Boys. They have BIG airboats that go for a full hour ride. We saw eight different gators several of which swam quite close to the boat. Got some fantastic pictures. The cost is only $20 - $25.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please excuse all the typos.

I would compare the price of an earlier flight to a day room at a hotel. That's a LONG time to try and "kill"...you will be off the ship around 9am, if not earlier. You need to have a place "to be", if you can't get an earlier flight.

Our flight isn't until 8p after we return to FLL any suggestions on what to do

Unless you are in a hurry to get back to a Michigan winter in February :eek:, I would look into enjoying the day at a hotel, or book an excursion to the Everglades or rent a car as previously mentioned. Average daytime temp in FLL in February is in the 70s...:cool:

paso--did you change your screen name. I notice it does not match your cruise clock. But, I am jealous my cruise clock does not say 1 day. Wow!! Have a good cruise. :)

"West Coast Champions at Sea" are sailing tomorrow! WCS is one of 17 dances I do. (and heck no, I'm not a champion - but a mere student in awe of the amazing champions like Benji, Jordan, etc.) 6 amazing days of dancing and learning (we take over the ice skating ring at night for dancing and have 3 clubs during the day for our workshops and practice). :)

"West Coast Champions at Sea" are sailing tomorrow! WCS is one of 17 dances I do. (and heck no, I'm not a champion - but a mere student in awe of the amazing champions like Benji, Jordan, etc.) 6 amazing days of dancing and learning (we take over the ice skating ring at night for dancing and have 3 clubs during the day for our workshops and practice). :)

Maria, will you be doing a review?

Edited by clarea

We have done the water taxi's a few times and have really enjoyed it. The taxi drivers are kind of like tour guides and point out famous people's houses and stuff. You can get on and off at all of the stops and shop/eat/drink all day

We found that renting a car for the day was the best thing for us. That way we had somewhere to put our luggage and could go wherever we wanted. We ended up going out to Sawgrass Mills, a HUGE shopping outlet. That took up our whole day as my friend is a shopper!

I like the ship excursions that take you on a tour and then drop you at the airport, but they usually get you there by 1 pm. That's still a long time to sit at the airport. We will do this if our flight home is 3 or 4 pm.

To be honest when we have a late flight home we make the best of it right at the airport! We wait till the last possible second to get off the ship then we take the transfer to the airport. Once there we hang out, shop the stores, and find a restaurant and have an early dinner. Once we got to the gate really early and let the person there know that our flight was really late. She told us to hang out for a few minutes then came back to tell us she was able to put us on standby for the next flight. It worked out great! We were home much early than expected. For us when vacation is over it's over we just wanna get home so heading straight to the airport is what works for us.

We have done the water taxi's a few times and have really enjoyed it. The taxi drivers are kind of like tour guides and point out famous people's houses and stuff. You can get on and off at all of the stops and shop/eat/drink all day

Is this something you did right from the ship-what did you do with luggage?