2014 Insights Speakers Just Released

babine

The schedule is now out for 2014. Yay! It looks pretty good.

Schedules for QM2/QE/QV are located at the ask.cunard.com website, and search for "insights".

All the best!

Regards.

Edited by babine

The schedule is now out for 2014. Yay! It looks pretty good.

Schedules for QM2/QE/QV are located at the ask.cunard.com website, and search for "insights".

All the best!

Regards.

Thanks for letting us know - I had been looking. Some very interesting speakers - always good to check the biogs of the less well known speakers.

At least as of now Cunard seems to have forgotten about your cousins on this side of the pond. Ask.cunard.com doesn't work here, and on Cunard's website only the 2013 speakers are listed.

If you would kindly check to see whom will be on the QUEEN ELIZABETH from Southampton to New York and Ft. Lauderdale (January 10 to 21) and post it here, I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks in advance.

At least as of now Cunard seems to have forgotten about your cousins on this side of the pond. Ask.cunard.com doesn't work here, and on Cunard's website only the 2013 speakers are listed.

If you would kindly check to see whom will be on the QUEEN ELIZABETH from Southampton to New York and Ft. Lauderdale (January 10 to 21) and post it here, I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks in advance.

See if this works for you.

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/life-on-board/Speakers

Don

Thanks in advance.

I got it to work. https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/life-on-board/Speakers

You have to download it. These are from the 10th-18th

Dr Ellen Baker & Marsha Ivins

Former NASA Astronauts

Brian Hoey

British Royalty Expert

Joyce Gold

Destination Lecturer

These are from the 18th but I don't know if any will speak before FLL.

John Laverick

Panama Canal Expert

Bill Miller

Martime Historian

Derek Frazer

Historian - Modern History

Edited by Scrapnana

I can get into the link but when I click on the PDF it just downloads blank pages. Would that be affected by the browser? I'm using Google Chrome.

Many thanks for your help

Sometimes it happens to me with the browser. Other time it is due to my adobe reader.

Try another browser if you have one and if that doesn't work make sure your reader is up to date and also restart your computer.

Keith

Sometimes it happens to me with the browser. Other time it is due to my adobe reader.

Try another browser if you have one and if that doesn't work make sure your reader is up to date and also restart your computer.

Keith

I've now gone through Firefox and it works! Thank you!

I can get into the link but when I click on the PDF it just downloads blank pages. Would that be affected by the browser? I'm using Google Chrome.

Many thanks for your help

I also use Google Chrome and that is what is supposed to happen. You get a blank page and at the the bottom left you get a box which says "this kind of file can harm your computer - do you want to keep it anyway?" Then you choose "keep" or "discard".

Thanks. I can display without any problems.

Whats strange is we sail 11DEC on QV and there is nothing listed..

http://www.cunard.co.uk/documents/enrichment/speakers_-_queen_victoria.pdf

cunard.com/help/cunard/life-on-board/Speakers

2013 ends with the cruise before ours and 2014 starts with the cruise after ours...!

One question to the more experienced cruisers:

On our first crossing, we enjoyed immesely Nigel West and his lectures about espionage. We now see that he'll be on a crossing again that we may take part.

Must we encounter, that he (and his other colleagues) repeat the same topics again or is there a chance that we experience something new?

One question to the more experienced cruisers:

On our first crossing, we enjoyed immesely Nigel West and his lectures about espionage. We now see that he'll be on a crossing again that we may take part.

Must we encounter, that he (and his other colleagues) repeat the same topics again or is there a chance that we experience something new?

The better speakers have different presentations to make but if the lectures are on a particular subject that you have already seen, the chances are that the address will contain a majority of the same facts. It is in the lap of the Gods really and just depends on the schedule.