Provided drinks in Veranda Room

stephlovesdogs

I a have a couple if questions about beverages in the room...

Will there be bottled water provided in the room?

Was wondering if we could get Diet Coke and Vitamin Water for our room as well? If we can't get them in the room, do you know if the charge for bottled water around the ship?

Thanks for the info!! We are considering bringing some with us if we can't get it on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was wondering if we could get Diet Coke and Vitamin Water for our room as well? If we can't get them in the room, do you know if the charge for bottled water around the ship?

Thanks for the info!! We are considering bringing some with us if we can't get it on board.

Water and sodas are included all over the ship.

There will be water and some soft drinks in the cabin but if you want specific

brands you may want your TA to notify O prior to your cruise. I have never seen vitamin water but they may provide it.

Yes, there is bottled water in the cabin

There will also be diet Coke (and others) in the fridge. The room attendant will replenish daily and just ask if you want more of your favourite.

Vitamin Water brand might be available in the self-serve fridge in the Fitness Room. I know they have various brands of 'enhanced' water (i.e Gatorade, etc) but not sure if I saw this one.

At the gangway they usually have a table laid out with plain bottled water you to take ashore. Sometimes it is iced.

There is no charge for these, or other non-alcoholic drinks on board.

Edited by YoHoHo

Your in room fridge will be stocked with a generic "selection", unless you contact Oceania ahead of time to specify what you would like to see in there-

If you give them enough lead time, they can get almost anything.

Your in room fridge will be stocked with a generic "selection", unless you contact Oceania ahead of time to specify what you would like to see in there-

If you give them enough lead time, they can get almost anything.

Does the request have to be through your TA or can you do yourself.

If so, who do you contact

Does the request have to be through your TA or can you do yourself.

If so, who do you contact

Special Services is the Department which handles soft drink requests, and the reason that I suggested contacting them through your Agent is that most Agents deal with Special Services every day, and have particular people with whom they prefer to deal with for "their" clients.

Edited by JimandStan

It is too bad they do not have a form under Manage your cruise link where you can specific what sodas you would prefer stocked in the fridge

I remember on our Princess cruise you could check off coke, ginger ale or other flavours of sodas

Of course it is more work for the room attendants on turnaround day though

It was just a thought :o

Lyn

Have not been on Oceania for a few years. Cruising in January. Would someone please refresh my mind as to which soft drinks are usually stocked on board. Usually drink tea and coffee but sometimes like a cold drink.

DH drinks coke or gingerale once in awhile. The real Coca-Cola brand. Is that usually available? Do they have Canada Dry Ginger Ale, or is it another brand? Do they have a cream soda or Hires Root Beer. Those are the 2 that I like.

Canadian so not sure if they stock Canada Dry or Hires brands. Not familiar with US brands of soda either.

Also, what have people requested and were they on board? Might give me a few ideas that might be good to try.

Thanks for any assistance.

Have not been on Oceania for a few years. Cruising in January. Would someone please refresh my mind as to which soft drinks are usually stocked on board. Usually drink tea and coffee but sometimes like a cold drink.

DH drinks coke or gingerale once in awhile. The real Coca-Cola brand. Is that usually available? Do they have Canada Dry Ginger Ale, or is it another brand? Do they have a cream soda or Hires Root Beer. Those are the 2 that I like.

Canadian so not sure if they stock Canada Dry or Hires brands. Not familiar with US brands of soda either.

Also, what have people requested and were they on board? Might give me a few ideas that might be good to try.

Thanks for any assistance.

Soft drinks are all major US brands which are the same brands available in Canada. Coca-Cola branded Colas (regular, diet), Ginger Ale which I usually drink, is Schweppes I recall, same as tonic. Most of these will be USA made and I understand flavour can vary from one country base to another but O am not that particular when it comes to 'pop'. I have not seen root beer or creme soda. You can make a special request and if enough lead time and they can be obtain it where they will be restocking for your cruise they will get it for you.

With very little lead time I phoned O and asked if there would be Clamato in the bars. Was told not much time so can't say for sure and that was fine with me.

To my surprise there was not only a bottle in our stateroom fridge upon arrival but also a vmail the next day to let me know that it was available in all the bars!

Very impressed. Moreso the room attendant asked DW if there was something wrong as I did not take any the first 2 days. Not only was she checking but was concerned it was not the right stuff. We have consistently had excellent cabin attendants on O with genuine concern that we have a great cruise. Excellent personalized service.

Enjoy your return visit to O

Edited by YoHoHo

Will they stock Perrier or other named brand sparkling water, or is there an additional charge for this? On our first (and only) cruise with "O" we just had a generic club soda (cans) in our fridge.

We had Perrier in 2011 but I have read here someplace that it will no longer be part of the free water deal

Maybe some recent cruisers will know for sure

We just drink the still water in the bottles on the desk

Will they stock Perrier or other named brand sparkling water, or is there an additional charge for this? On our first (and only) cruise with "O" we just had a generic club soda (cans) in our fridge.

Here is the post from PAULCHILI last month

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=40716836&postcount=41

Thanks LHT28 for the link - for those who don't read it, PAULCHILI stated: "...I was informed by our butler that Perrier is no longer available as a standard sparkling water option in your cabin unless ordered ahead of time (much like caffeine free diet coke and such) - who knew?"

A great "heads up" to ask my TA to put in the request (along with hypo-allergenic pillows!) in advance of boarding.

Thanks everyone for your input.

We just asked our room steward to stock the fridge with our favorites (granted, they are main-brand stuff like tonic, club soda, and diet coke) and every day our fridge was packed with them.

Thanks for the tip on the Perrier. I LOVE that stuff and didn't even know it was available. I'll be calling special services Monday for sure to make sure a few bottles are in the fridge for our upcoming sailing. :)

If we purchase the drink package (the one for drinks all day) can we have beer stocked in refrigerator? This will be our first Oceania cruise. We are Regent cruisers so we are used to have the refrigerator stocked with water, soft drinks, and my husband's favorite beer. Thank you.

If we purchase the drink package (the one for drinks all day) can we have beer stocked in refrigerator? This will be our first Oceania cruise. We are Regent cruisers so we are used to have the refrigerator stocked with water, soft drinks, and my husband's favorite beer. Thank you.

Sorry no, they only do soft drinks in the fridge so he won't be able to stockpile. Room Service will fetch one whenever he feels thirsty, though...

We were just in an OC on Marina and we DID have beer in the fridge.

But I realize that just because we had it in an OC doesn't mean you can have it in a veranda.

Mura

--Also, you also speak quite often about how you NEVER purchase the Beverage Package, which seems to make it even more obvious that the beer was there as a result of your being in the big Suite.

Very true! But we didn't request the beer ... in fact, I was surprised to see it. (The liquor package in the big suites is something else, of course.) It turned out we needed the beer for a couple of guests so I wasn't unhappy to find it there.

Still, I remember the days when we paid for everything in the fridge not to mention even water. So maybe TPTB could consider making these things available for a small fee. Note I said SMALL.

But there IS a difference between paying for the liquor package and paying for a beer or two ... :)

Mura

In answer to the original question about Vitamin Water, it was in the fridge in the Fitness Center while we were on Marina last spring. I tried it but went back to old fashioned regular water. If they have it in the fitness center I suppose that they might put it in the room fridge if asked. If not, and it's important, you can just get a few and stock yourself.

Steve

Always found a Bud, and sometimes a Becks, in the fridge in any category. However, they are not complimentary. I generally have the room attendant remove them to make more room for my Diet Coke. They usually put the items they remove in a plastic bag and stash them behind the draperies, ready to be put back in the fridge at turn around.

Always found a Bud, and sometimes a Becks, in the fridge in any category. However, they are not complimentary. I generally have the room attendant remove them to make more room for my Diet Coke. They usually put the items they remove in a plastic bag and stash them behind the draperies, ready to be put back in the fridge at turn around.

I don't know how far back in this thread you read, Don, but the question was about beer in the fridge when the Passenger has booked the Prestige Beverage Package.

In that case, the Beer is complimentary, but cannot be stockpiled in the fridge.