Buying cosmetics

cherylrrt

Is it any cheaper buying Lancôme on the ship compared to the states... running out and cruising soon on RCCL...

Just be aware that the product turnover on a ship is not like it is in your department store, leaving you to wonder just how long that item has been sitting on that shelf on the ship.

My wife tells me that the only difference is no taxes.

This is true. I can get it cheaper when my local store has discounts on Lancome, even with the sales tax. But, if you forgot something, at least they may have it. Just remember, they don't carry everything.

Gwen :)

Is it any cheaper buying Lancôme on the ship compared to the states... running out and cruising soon on RCCL...

As a Canadian I find prices cheaper especially when there are bonus paks . I especially look for Clinique lotion that usually seem to be in a pak. Also, I have bought Estee Lauder for less.

As a Canadian I find prices cheaper especially when there are bonus paks . I especially look for Clinique lotion that usually seem to be in a pak. Also, I have bought Estee Lauder for less.

My DW finds prices on board cheaper than what pay in the store even when there is a sale.

Lancôme will not offer gift with purchase on the ship whereas land does. Stores like lord and taylor will be going into friends and family next week where you can save 10% on cosmetics. I have purchased Estée Lauder on ships before and found it to be maybe $2 to $4 cheaper than home and plus no tax but the turnover rate onboard is not good at all. Estée Lauder has changed formulas and enhanced certain products now for almost two years and my recent trip onboard the explorer they were still carrying the older formulations! I prefer to spend a few extra bucks at home and get the newer product with some perks.