Silhouette/Reflection Tips!

bwg03

I am starting to create a one page document that I can hand out to my family and help them. I am the cruise planner and have read up on quite a bit about the Celebrity Silhouette.

I think I have decided that Lawn Club Grill and Tuscan Grill are the two can't miss specialty restaurants. We ate at Tuscan Grill and swear back and forth that its the best meal we have ever had as a family.

Mast Grill has great burgers, What else do they serve?

Sushi is served before dinner in the oceanview cafe.

Don't miss Michael's Club, 64 beers, etc.

Can anyone talk about the Molecular bar?

I am truly thinking the drink package is completely worth it. Am I wrong? We drink quite a bit..

We obviously know about the Martini Bar (With the iced tops), room service.

Am I missing anything that is worth mentioning?

-Don't miss sunset bar for sailaway

-We found late night comedy show repeated itself more than one evening so don't fret if you miss the first one

-Coffee and teas available in retreat lounge area (I believe deck 7)in centre overlooking atrium

-molecular bar drinks are amazing but you need premium drink package...some bartenders here are very entertaining....

Food/Restaurant Reviews – Different Stokes For Different Folks

Reviews regarding food is very subjective and in most respects come down to something other than just food alone like:

• A person’s international experiences of different cultures and cuisines will influence a review.
  • It is a matter of expectations. If expectations are low there is a probability of a good review if the expectations are high there is a probability of a poor review.
  • An individuals level of education will also influence a review
  • An individuals level of income will influence a review
  • Individuals who entertain clients on a regular basses in 5-Star restaurants with unrestricted expense accounts will influence their review.
  • The type and quality of food a person eats in their day-to-day lives will influence a review
  • Quality of food from the embarkation port plays a large factor in food quality
  • Length of the cruise is a factor
  • One should also factor luck into the equation
  • Last but not least it is just that everyone is different. I for one do not like fast foods and routinely avoid restraints without white tablecloths.
  • I certainly do not appreciate hamburgers or pizza’s when a full breakfast and 5-course lunches & dinners are being served.

Our personal favorite is of course is the “Murano”.

Order shrimp cocktail, crudité and cheese and crackers to you cabin and have your own happy hour while you are getting ready for dinner.

Café al Bacio has wonderful muffins and pastry in the morning not found anywhere else. So, if on drink package, get yourself a cappuccino and a pastry for breakfast. CaB also has lovely sweets during the afternoon too.

Order pastas as appetizers at dinner in MDR or BLU. They are usually very good and I share with another family member.

Aqua Spa Café is a good healthy alternative for breakfast and lunch.

There is supposedly a jazz concert on the lawn on one late afternoon. They provide blankets to sit on and cheese and crackers and you can order wine or cocktails.

If you have too many people in your cabin and you want to have some more room to shower, head to the ladies locker room at the spa. huge showers with shampoo conditioner, towels, hairdryers, lotion, etc.

Have breakfast on your balcony.

Order a family style plate of veggies at dinner. We had a big table ad out mates asked for sautéed spinach with garlic and grilled asparagus each night. It was a good thing.

Can you order a bottle of wine to your cabin? Is it very pricey?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Yes, ordering a bottle of wine for your cabin will be expensive. However, you are permitted to carry on two bottles of wine per stateroom, so take advantage of that instead.

Food/Restaurant Reviews – Different Stokes For Different Folks

Reviews regarding food is very subjective and in most respects come down to something other than just food alone like:

• A person’s international experiences of different cultures and cuisines will influence a review.
  • It is a matter of expectations. If expectations are low there is a probability of a good review if the expectations are high there is a probability of a poor review.
  • An individuals level of education will also influence a review
  • An individuals level of income will influence a review
  • Individuals who entertain clients on a regular basses in 5-Star restaurants with unrestricted expense accounts will influence their review.
  • The type and quality of food a person eats in their day-to-day lives will influence a review
  • Quality of food from the embarkation port plays a large factor in food quality
  • Length of the cruise is a factor
  • One should also factor luck into the equation
  • Last but not least it is just that everyone is different. I for one do not like fast foods and routinely avoid restraints without white tablecloths.
  • I certainly do not appreciate hamburgers or pizza’s when a full breakfast and 5-course lunches & dinners are being served.

Our personal favorite is of course is the “Murano”.

Thank you. That's one of the best elaborations of the "food is subjective" comment I have read. That is why for me it is helpful for people to give a little bit of background in their reviews before they talk about the food. Or to describe the food rather than say it was good, it was bland, etc.

I'm sure all of the Celebrity specialty restaurants are good. They have to please so many people every week, so nothing will be really bad. Just people have different opinions on what makes something exceptional. I would love to try all of the specialty restaurants eventually, but right now I think Qsine and Murano appeals to us the most. We love to cook, so when we go out to eat, we tend to go to places that has food that we cannot make at home. So that means tapas places, ethnic places, and higher end dining. For medical reasons, I also cannot eat very much so I love places that give you lots of little things to try. Because of this, I loved loved loved Qsine. Lawn Club Grill looks fun, but it's lower on our priorities because we do make pizza regularly at home, and DH is from Texas so he grills a mean steak.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Yes, ordering a bottle of wine for your cabin will be expensive. However, you are permitted to carry on two bottles of wine per stateroom, so take advantage of that instead.

You can also buy a bottle at any bar that carries wine and carry it back to your room to enjoy.

Edited by CathyCruises

You are on the Christmas cruise, so READ the dailies carefully. Special events, caroling in the Grand Foyer, a Christmas dessert buffet, elaborate Christmas Eve meal followed by a Brunch buffet on Christmas Day, etc may be added or expected days and times changed.

-

-molecular bar drinks are amazing but you need premium drink package...some bartenders here are very entertaining....

Are you saying that you can't buy individual drinks at the Molecular Bar? Will they only serve you if you have the premium drink package?

Thanks. I never realized the Porch was a great place for lunch. I will try it on my next cruise. I also love Bistro on 5. Best $5 lunch anywhere.

Calamari in MDR can be ordered in advance.

Best tip ever........be nice, smile, say thank you.

Enjoy exchanging ideas. Thanks for the tips.

Are you saying that you can't buy individual drinks at the Molecular Bar? Will they only serve you if you have the premium drink package?

Yes, you may buy individual drinks at the Molecular Bar. I am guessing

the poster was just giving their opinion about buying the package.

I love this bar and I don't always buy the drink package. So, they

will definitely serve you:) The drinks are 12.00 each. They are all

the same price. It is a specifc menu and the drinks are awesome

(in my opinion;)).

What do you get for the $5 service charge? Is it all you can eat or do you get one sandwich and then you're done, etc?

You can order a salad, sandwich and dessert. Or 2 sandwiches, or

2 salads.....a pannini and salad, 2 pannins.......you order off the menu

and the 5.00 covers everything.

You can order a salad, sandwich and dessert. Or 2 sandwiches, or

2 salads.....a pannini and salad, 2 pannins.......you order off the menu

and the 5.00 covers everything.

Excellent so it's pretty much all you can eat for the $5.

DO they limit you on the Paninis? Not saying I am going to order more than two but just curious..

Excellent so it's pretty much all you can eat for the $5.

DO they limit you on the Paninis? Not saying I am going to order more than two but just curious..

I have eaten at the Porch a few different times....the pannins are very

good size so I have never odered multiple ones. I am guessing you could

order more than one without a problem but since I have never done it?

I can't give you an educated answer.