Why are people so negative

bIGBUCK69

Just want to say we are going on our very first cruise in Jan on Azura.Joined this site for some info and some advice,can't believe how many negative comments are posted on here about P&o.so have decided to stop reading as its starting to annoy. If you an afford a Caribean cruise then in my opinion you've got nothing to moan about .Be grateful for what you've got lots of people would give anything for these kind of holidays,you moaners should be ashamed of yourselves. Merry Christmas

Just want to say we are going on our very first cruise in Jan on Azura.Joined this site for some info and some advice,can't believe how many negative comments are posted on here about P&o.so have decided to stop reading as its starting to annoy. If you an afford a Caribean cruise then in my opinion you've got nothing to moan about .Be grateful for what you've got lots of people would give anything for these kind of holidays,you moaners should be ashamed of yourselves. Merry Christmas

Well said. Merry Christmas.

The reviews on here are much the same.

First time cruisers usually have a fantastic time and write a 5* report. Then you come across the regular cruiser who can only whinge and moan.

Well there is a list of trips we have done below and have really enjoyed them all. Every ship, while some a little old, is always spotlessly clean. I challenge anyone on here to say they eat better at home than on board. The Headliners work v hard and are close to West End standard. We have visited some wonderful ports and seen some amazing sights. And is there anything so nice as walking around the deck on a warm evening after dinner just looking at the sea.

Lighten up peoples.

I'm pretty sure that you will love the cruise. My wife and I have been cruising since 2001, and have been with 10 different companies. It's not just P and O that people have a moan about. You have the right attitude, ignore all the moans and go on the cruise with a completely open mind. Apparently more than 80% of people going on their first cruise go on to cruise again, so it can't be all bad lol.

You will have a fantastic time! Beautiful ship and the caribbean is stunning! I always say things are what you make of it! I was once in a cabin next to someone moaning about the coffee Cups! Now don't get me wrong I love a cup of tea or coffee but look where you are and your banging on about that I was like come on! Some people eh! So have a brilliant cruise ! :cool:

If you think we are a bunch of moaners here you should try facebook :eek:

For a lot of us it is just that we actually like most of the P&O product and want them to be successful. Many believe that in the last year or so they did themselves no service with their fares structure and how they presented it. In fact it had the opposite effect to what they hoped. That is history now and hopefully they will move on to bright new things.

You probably noticed the concerns over the new Britannia. The sister ship Royal Princess has given no one confidence that the P&O version will be a ship that is more than just a larger version of their existing Azura and Ventura.

Now the positive. It is your first cruise and go without any worries about what us old moaners have to say. The odds are you will find it amazing and be instantly hooked, I was. The caribbean is excellent and it does not even rain, they have liquid sunshine instead :)

After you have experienced the reality you can even get to have a laugh about the moans and groans of the passengers.

If you think we are a bunch of moaners here you should try facebook :eek:

For a lot of us it is just that we actually like most of the P&O product and want them to be successful. Many believe that in the last year or so they did themselves no service with their fares structure and how they presented it. In fact it had the opposite effect to what they hoped. That is history now and hopefully they will move on to bright new things.

You probably noticed the concerns over the new Britannia. The sister ship Royal Princess has given no one confidence that the P&O version will be a ship that is more than just a larger version of their existing Azura and Ventura.

Now the positive. It is your first cruise and go without any worries about what us old moaners have to say. The odds are you will find it amazing and be instantly hooked, I was. The caribbean is excellent and it does not even rain, they have liquid sunshine instead :)

After you have experienced the reality you can even get to have a laugh about the moans and groans of the passengers.

Hi Dave, just to say I have this copied for future use.

:) :) :) :)

Just to put a negative in here, are you sure you want to do this, you may live to regret this for years.

You know that your bank balance is now in serious danger. You could well get hooked. Most people do. All other holidays will fade into insignificance. Look at us, started off with one never to be repeated experience, now look 5 booked for next year. We are looking for counselling. Does anyone know of a branch of CA near here. (You know it's like AA)

BTW I love moaners, I do enjoy a chat with them. They tend not to try it twice ;)

Oh and a little tip, when asked what you have paid for your cruise, never say how much until the person asking says first and then undercut it by saying, "you never paid that much how sad" and then walk away with a smile.

Happy Cruising

Yes I have to agree with the warning that you will get well and truly hooked. Our first cruise was on the Oriana and was wonderful and the crew and organisation was brilliant.

You will have a fantastic time, so go ahead and enjoy and ignore any moaners you come across.

We have our 13th cruise with P&O coming up next year. We started in 2003 as a one-off special holiday for an anniversary celebration. So be warned, it is definitely addicted. I can honestly say that we have never had a bad cruise, never had cause to complain and have met some lovely people. I think that sometimes the cruise websites attract the moaners - maybe they just enjoy moaning! Goodness knows why P&O has their Facebook page, I've never seen such moaning and vitriolic postings. I suppose in this modern age they have to have a Facebook page but I'm not sure it does them any good. If we had just booked our first cruise and then looked on the Facebook page I might be worried. As it is when I do go an have a look it makes me smile at some of the moans. :)

You always get the whingers and moaners and the hard done to, in all walks of life.

I think some people make it their mission in life to find fault and complain.

When we booked our first cruise in 2009, I did the same as you and read the various forums and it was enough to put a 1st timer off. We are now going on our 4th cruise in February and have another booked for 2015:). I am sure you will have a fantastic time and will soon be hooked on cruising, it is such fantastic value for money.

Molly

p.s Merry Christmas to you both

Edited by sagaris

Never had a bad cruise yet!

People who enjoy a cruise tend not to write about it, you will find on here and many other forums people post about their problems, generally looking for a sympathetic ear.

Enjoy your cruise I'm sure it wont be your last.

I agree with everyone else who have posted a reply here. Enjoy and get used to an ever decreasing bank balance, because it won't be your last cruise you'll get hooked like everyone does. We are going on Azura in March, 14 night transatlantic. Have sailed on her before and can't wait to get back. You must go to Sindus' if you like Indian food, but don't expect your usual takeaway fare it's so much more. Also the Italian Trattoria in the Verona buffet restaurant (evenings only). If you have a coffee in Java the cakes are included. I hope these few tips will enhance your first cruise even more.

Once again Enjoy!!:)

Jo

Thanks for your replies my husband and I are really excited about this cruise it's for our silver wedding anniversary so want it to be special .We enjoy wherever we go and it's our first time in the Carribean.

Many congratulations on your Silver Anniversary. You'll love your cruise, just remember that you'll get the bug and will want to do it again and again and again.................we did!!!:)

I have been on Azura and I loved it! I think people just like to compare their cruise experiences, and you will hear stuff like "it's not like this on ship A", "on ship B they do x y and z" etc....

It's strange because you would never hear someone going to France and then saying "it's not like this in Spain" or taking delight in telling you that they have had 28 land vacations and are "platinum" members of the Premier Inn rewards scheme.......

But, when you dont know anything about a person, it's natural to talk about the one thing you do have in common - i.e. a love of cruising!

Sometimes the critics have a point though - yes, we are lucky to be going to the Caribbean but when you are dropping seven grand for a couple of weeks holiday I think you can expect a high standard and if corners are being cut the more experienced cruisers among us will notice quickly - whereas the likes of me, perhaps not so much?!

Great OP....we are relatively experienced cruisers but the moaning culture is why we never bother with the forums - unless its just to get some very specific information and quick advice.

We're sailing on Azura on Saturday on the Xmas Caribbean cruise - it will be our 16th cruise and I have to say Ive loved every one of them - for different reasons and some more than others - but ive never not enjoyed any of them..and ive certainly never felt the need to post an endless parade of woe-is-me moans when we've returned.......good thing is we've become fairly adept at spotting the potential whiners when we board ..which is great cos you know who to avoid for the next 2 weeks :)

Happy Xmas and enjoy your trip!