Help!! Couple booked with us not getting along, Options ?

albether7

Hi,

Need some help here... We booked a cruise with a relative and husband who are not getting along now...

I want to help them wih options if:

---He cancels ..at last minute we're less than 1 month out.

What's the best way to have her still cruise without him, if he bails...

and second, can she replace him with her teen age daughter?

Thanks,

Al

I guess forcing them both to go and throwing one overboard is not an option. :D

NOTE: IT WAS A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by TC1957

...and the irony continues!

How ironic in deed as you have intentionally singled my post to slam when post #6 and post # 7 stated the same thing.

Post # 6

Post # 7

I have yet to see any irony in this particular thread.

Rain on your wedding day is also not ironic, FYI. Damn you, Alanis!

why? again she should stay out of it!

remember no good deed ever goes unpunished

The problem here is that you assume that the OP wasn't asked about options to help the situation.

I'm not saying that there were, because I have no idea one way or the other, but I cannot rule our that possibility either.

LOL

The OP was not asking for advice to fix their marriage. Looking for insight into possible options incase there is a last minute change to their existing booking.

Yea but this is Cruise Critic. Ask about passports vs. birth certificates and you'll get parenting advice. :D

I

Good heavens, what's wrong with having options available? One of them might still want to go but not want to go alone (and feel like a 3rd wheel), so knowing they can change one of the names to the daughter might be very helpful.

I agree. And if I were going through such trying times, I would LOVE it if a friend of mine were looking up this sort of stuf, while I was doing the big huge important emotional work of trying to figure out if my relationship is going to work out or not. Or doing the important work of protecting myself financially. etc. Let the buddy figure out the cruise stuff! Awesome!

OP – I can’t answer your specific question but I can tell you we sailed (luckily it was a just a short cruise) with friends who bickered and fought the entire time. It was annoying and somewhat embarrassing as they raised their voices quite a bit. We mainly saw them just for dinner ( as we did different excursions and had different interests around the ship), but that was enough.

It might be a more pleasant vacation for you, if one of the two does bail.

Enjoy

M

How ironic. You're basically trying to get involved in the OP's business and tell them what they should or should not do. Either answer the OP's question or don't! But don't post your unsolicited opinion where it does not belong. It's not your issue to get involved in either.

I think they did answer the question. Just not every likes everyone's answeres. That I why this is an opinion board

Hi,

Need some help here... We booked a cruise with a relative and husband who are not getting along now...

I want to help them wih options if:

---He cancels ..at last minute we're less than 1 month out.

What's the best way to have her still cruise without him, if he bails...

and second, can she replace him with her teen age daughter?

Thanks,

Al

I would think the best way to have her cruise w/o him is to remind her that she can still have fun with you.

We had planned a cruise with my cousin and his wife a few years ago. I read something about one of the ports and sent them an email about it. 10 minutes later my cousin called to tell me she had left him.

The last thing he needed at that time was someone to tell him what he should do with his vacation...that was his decision.

• 4 weeks later...

If she decides to cruise alone - hope she just decides to have a good time. Same if her daughter comes along.

Do not let her go on about her troubles with you - tell her up front - lets just have a good time - all of us.

Be there as support, but do not let it put a damper on your cruise. If necessary, try to go your own way and not let her bring you down.

She may surprise you, and just come along and because she would be under less stress, just relax and have a good time. Same if her daughter comes - it would distract her from her problems.

Friends of mine had a paid for cruise, and had the beds made up as 2 singles, and made a point of not doing the same things while on board, they were cordial when they were together with others, and did not do their normal bickering. 2nd couples husband asked them not to day one - reminded them we all paid to have a good time. It was a little stressful at first, but worked out.

That couple divorced after the cruise.

Hope you can enjoy your cruise! Try not to worry about them, they are adults, and have to work things out some way.

Wife and I shared cabin with another couple ONCE... NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!! They'd get pissed at each other and WE would suffer the consequence! NEVER EVER AGAIN! The only ones sharing a cabin with us are our kids! :)

If she takes her teenaged daughter she will need a notarized letter from the Husband giving permission for the mother to take the daughter out of country without the husband present.

Here we go again. No letter is necessary. It is well documented in examples by myself and many others.

Wife and I shared cabin with another couple ONCE... NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!! They'd get pissed at each other and WE would suffer the consequence! NEVER EVER AGAIN! The only ones sharing a cabin with us are our kids! :)

What in Gods name would ever have made you think that was a good idea?

Edited by Jtd724