my very important question!

does the explorer of the seas offer smoked salmon/lox at their buffet? ok 2 questions! do they have eggs benefict at breakfast? either at the buffet or the dining room?

thank you!

PS I only ask about the lox since Carnival didnt have it, so I was a bit disappointed. :)

Yes to the smoked salmon, although it may not be put out on the first morning (just ask for it, and they will bring it out if it's not there). Eggs benedict are available in the MDR for breakfast, but I don't ever remember seeing them on the buffet.

A bit surprised that you didn't have salmon on Carnival. We always made a point to visit the deli as soon as it opened each day just for the lox & bagel sandwiches.

does the explorer of the seas offer smoked salmon/lox at their buffet? ok 2 questions! do they have eggs benefict at breakfast? either at the buffet or the dining room?

thank you!

PS I only ask about the lox since Carnival didnt have it, so I was a bit disappointed. :)

Eggs Benedict served only at Breakfast in the main dining room

Lox served both at breakfast in the main dining room and windjammer buffet

If you can't find it on the buffet just ask for it.

Yes to the smoked salmon, although it may not be put out on the first morning (just ask for it, and they will bring it out if it's not there). Eggs benedict are available in the MDR for breakfast, but I don't ever remember seeing them on the buffet.

A bit surprised that you didn't have salmon on Carnival. We always made a point to visit the deli as soon as it opened each day just for the lox & bagel sandwiches.

yes it was only offered at the deli as a bagel and lox sandwich, but it was never opened for breakfast, I dont think. On NCL, they had the lox spread at breakfast each day.

thanks!

thank you!

I don't know about the Explorer but the Windjammer on Navigator did last week. :)

Edited by Ladysilver

I asked for and received a lox platter and bagel/cream cheese from room service breakfast on the Explorer last month. Very lovely platter of lox, onions, capers and tomatoes. My lightly toasted bagel was wrapped in a cloth napkin, and still warm. I ordered this on the next to last day. Had I known, I would've had some at least twice more!

Teddie

I asked for and received a lox platter and bagel/cream cheese from room service breakfast on the Explorer last month. Very lovely platter of lox, onions, capers and tomatoes. My lightly toasted bagel was wrapped in a cloth napkin, and still warm. I ordered this on the next to last day. Had I known, I would've had some at least twice more!

Teddie

We have ordered room service for early am breakfast before we go out...and never have seen anything like this on the Room Service Breakfast menu....so my question is -- did you just write on the menu when you left it out what you wanted?

thank you!

If you ask nicely you can get a Eggs Benedict made with Lox

We have ordered room service for early am breakfast before we go out...and never have seen anything like this on the Room Service Breakfast menu....so my question is -- did you just write on the menu when you left it out what you wanted?

I usually write in simple things on the breakfast doorknob menu, such as raisin bread or half and half (can't deal with the ubiquitous non-dairy creamer!), and have never had a problem getting it. For the lox plate, though, I called room service the night before, and asked if such a request would be honored, and they said "of course". We were only in a JS, by the way. Worth a try!

Teddie

thank you!

Have to love the lox.

Ah, not true! Just off the Explorer today and for dinner in the Windjammer last night they had Eggs Benedict, as well as other breakfast food! :)

We ate both places depending on our daily plans. I ate smoked salmon every day and saw eggs Benedict every day no matter which venue we ate at. IMHO, the menus are pretty much identical except that you serve yourself at WJ and they serve you at MDR.

Bob:)

Lox is very popular with international guests so yes it is offered at breakfast in the main dining room and buffet. As Bob pointed out if Eggs Benedict isn't shown on the menu just ask, they'll make it for you.

Lox is also a favorate for Jewish people too. (We are jewish). Got to love the lox