getting sick from food?

LostAgain

So many travel articles talk about what not to eat or drink while vacationing in Mexico. But I never see this mentioned on CC. In April, we will be at Mr. Sanchos' for the second time. Last time, we drank only the bottled water that we brought with us, and didn't eat. I would love to try a nice, cool alcoholic beverage or some guacamole, but not if there is a chance of getting sick. Actually, I should reword that -- I realize that there is always a chance of getting sick, even with eating at home. But what are the risks, really, at a place like Mr. Sanchos? Has anybody ever been sick after being there?

Edited by LostAgain

All of the tourist bars, beach clubs and restaurants use purified water for cooking/ice, etc. and we've never had an issue with food poisoning -- although sometimes the 9th margarita tends to give me a headache! :o

All of the tourist bars, beach clubs and restaurants use purified water for cooking/ice, etc. and we've never had an issue with food poisoning -- although sometimes the 9th margarita tends to give me a headache! :o

:D It wasn't your own fault ... probably bad ice for sure. LOL!

LuLu

~~~~