NEW- "Norwegian Lifestyle Collection" credit

jemrtt

On the Nov 25th Gem sailing, the cruise rewards agent told me that this is a new program offer when you buy a cruise reward. He said that I would get an email in a couple of weeks that would give me more info. I got the email yesterday.

Now I'm trying to see what I want to buy (or if its even worth it)...Has anyone used their credit to make a purchase?

my apologies.

You all know the usual offer when you buy future cruise rewards: $100 OBC to spend while on board. :)

Well, in addition to that, NCL offered $100 Lifestyle credit. The premise is: You go to the website (that will be emailed to you a few weeks after your cruise) and you can purchase what they offer at a $100 discount.

If you see a case of wine for $299, you will only pay $199.

You may choose a designer purse, or anything else they offer. You just get $100 off the purchase price.

I completely forgot about it until I received the email. I did get a pamphlet about it with my cruise rewards receipt, but I have no idea where it is right now.

Edited by jemrtt

I think that by that description this "offer" is worth absolutely nothing. When buying FCR onboard, there is no actually any free spending money - just a marketing scheme to make people think that they have an extra $100 to spend when in reality they can get away simply just by paying $150 total for the certificate ($250 minus the $100 "free" OBC).

So what the new offer does is just convincing people to buy more from NCL when they don't actually need to.

on the nov 25th gem sailing, the cruise rewards agent told me that this is a new program offer when you buy a cruise reward. He said that i would get an email in a couple of weeks that would give me more info. I got the email yesterday.

now i'm trying to see what i want to buy (or if its even worth it)...has anyone used their credit to make a purchase?

love the pic of your little baby

I got the email and checked out the stuff you can buy, you need to buy an item at least 200. to get the 100. off (it might have been more than 200.) there weren't a lot of items, depending on the cost of the item, like 100. you might get 36. off or something like that, I am sorry I don't remember exactly but I know there was nothing worth it for me, I wish I could remember what they told me on the phone to use as my pin #, it might have been my birthday or email or something like that. I guess I'm not much help, I think the FCC is worth it but I can live with out the lifestyle credit.

As an aside, there was also an offer to convert the $100 OBC into $125 in slot play credit.

I agree with punkincc - as long as the Freestyle Cruise Reward continues to receive the automatic $100 OBC, I will buy it. The Lifestyle Collection bonus and the slot play bonus aren't very valuable to me.

FreestyleCruiseRewardbonus2.jpg

I think that by that description this "offer" is worth absolutely nothing. When buying FCR onboard, there is no actually any free spending money - just a marketing scheme to make people think that they have an extra $100 to spend when in reality they can get away simply just by paying $150 total for the certificate ($250 minus the $100 "free" OBC).

So what the new offer does is just convincing people to buy more from NCL when they don't actually need to.

Are you saying I can just pay $150 but will receive the FCC?

How does one do that?

There are posters here who believe that a Cruise Reward should never be resold for more than $150. ($250 cost - $100 OBC)

It will be interesting to see if they hold true to their belief by now saying that the resale value of a Cruise Reward should only be $50 ($250 cost - $100 OBC - $100 Lifestyle Credit). :rolleyes:

There are posters here who believe that a Cruise Reward should never be resold for more than $150. ($250 cost - $100 OBC)

It will be interesting to see if they hold true to their belief by now saying that the resale value of a Cruise Reward should only be $50 ($250 cost - $100 OBC - $100 Lifestyle Credit). :rolleyes:

There is a BIG difference between the $100 OBC when buying the FCC and a $100 Lifestyle credit. You only get the $100 Lifestyle credit if there is something you want to buy. If you don't purchase anything, you don't get the credit. You don't have to do anything to get the FCC credit and it appears on your on board account along with the FCC charge.

I sure hope you were not serious with your comment.

How does one do that?

During your cruise you will receive a form to complete to purchase FCCs (or you can visit the cruise consultant on board). Your account will be charged $250 and you will also receive a $100 OBC at the same time. Thus, the cost is only $150. You will then receive a letter verifying the purchase and the FCC is attached to your lattitude number. Once you have the FCC, you can use it for a cruise deposit worth $250, saving $100 on the cruise.

This is a travel club. When I called they told me there were discounts on hotels and items to purchase but you must purchase a membership before you can use your $100 "credit" Not worth it to me. I was quoted a membership price of $249 but don't know if there where other membership levels.

During your cruise you will receive a form to complete to purchase FCCs (or you can visit the cruise consultant on board). Your account will be charged $250 and you will also receive a $100 OBC at the same time. Thus, the cost is only $150. You will then receive a letter verifying the purchase and the FCC is attached to your lattitude number. Once you have the FCC, you can use it for a cruise deposit worth $250, saving $100 on the cruise.

Yes, I have done this numerous times...

The poster I was asking stated that one could get the FCC for $150, leaving the OBC off the table, so to speak.

I was questioning how one did that...

Yes, I have done this numerous times...

The poster I was asking stated that one could get the FCC for $150, leaving the OBC off the table, so to speak.

I was questioning how one did that...

I think his intention was to say that the net result of the transaction (buy the Freestyle Cruise Reward for $250, receive an immediate OBC of $100) is an expense of $150. The bottom line is that the best way to view the promotion is that it's a $100 discount off the $250 value of the certificate. You can't actually offer to pay only $150 and forego the OBC even though the net result would be the same.

I don't get it... What's your favorite thing to do on a cruise?

Sleep :):):) the sound of the ocean as well as the rocking motion puts me to sleep like a little baby. (Or kitten lol)

As others have stated, I also only buy the future credit due to the $150 price tag. But I don't always buy one. However if they switch the offer from $100 OBC to lifestyle credit only, I will never buy one.

I really tried to find something to buy...it really seemed more like a waste of money to me. Others may not agree, and that's ok.

But the travel club thing...I didn't know that. They didn't make it sound that way while on board. But I guess a pitch is a pitch, no matter the source or how it sounds.

How does one do that?

Simply just by not thinking that there is any extra spending money available. :D

When you purchase a FCR onboard, there will be two lines to your onboard account: $250 charge for the FCR and $100 OBC. If we assume that you won't use any more money onboard and you have prepaid your DSCs, your final bill will therefore be only $150 because the $100 OBC you got from the FCR purchase will void part of that $250.

NCL wants people to believe that they have extra $100 to spend so they can get more onboard sales but as said, that is just a marketing gimmick and the actual net cost of one FCR is only $150 and everything extra that someone purchases is more sales to NCL and directly out of passengers pocket.

1. I've never said that FCR should never be sold for more than $150, just that it is the actual net price and reasonable price for reselling it also.

I've also purchased one from eBay for $199 and felt that splitting the profit was a reasonable too, but I wouldn't pay that much unless I absolutely needed one - like I did last december when booking our original cabin for the upcoming repo cruise as I had already spent all my own FCRs for our cruises earlier this year.

2. Even if this credit for Lifestyle Collection is on top of the OBC, it's still limited to US residents and therefore it's worth nothing to me. Also it is not actual money like the OBC but only a discount that requires that for one to get it, they'd need to pay a lot more for (without even looking what I assume are) overpriced items from a exclusive club when one probably could source the same items for a lot less with a little effort.

So, I stand by my original thought: just a marketing gimmick.