Honeymoon - 1st time Cruisers!

ShakerFamily

We're sailing with Royal Caribbean's Enchantment of the Seas to the Bahamas in January 2014 for our four day honeymoon (first cruise)! Leaving from our local port in Florida to Nassau and Coco Cay.

We've already booked the Coco Cay jet ski excursion and the Nassau self drive boat excursion, but weren't sure if there were other "must see/do" things..

Since we are new to this, are there any suggestions or recommendations that would help us? (What to pack in general, what to pack in our carry on, what to see/do on the islands, what to do on the ship, when to book on board activities, etc)

Is bottled water and soda allowed in our carry on or luggage (we were told two bottles of wine/champagne via carry on?) *We've purchased the alcohol/soda package for my husband.

Anything helpful or recommended for first time cruisers is appreciated! Thank you :)

RC Enchantment of the Seas 1/13/14

"Must see/do" is a totally personal opinion, that only you can come to. What if I recommend paragliding, and you are afraid of heights?

Suggest you do some research on the RCI board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83

for ship related things, and on the Ports board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

for things to do ashore.

Edited by CruiserBruce

The RCI board didn't cover any of our questions of interest, thank you though:)

We're open to all suggestions, as there may be something we didn't know about until it's brought to our attention. We're adventurous, can swim, appreciate history, etc. We're open to hear about any recommendations. :)

RC Enchantment of the Seas 1/13/14

Your best bet would be to read a guidebook on your ports....(Coco Cay won't be in a guidebook, as it's RCI's private island!), and find out what is in each place that interests you....THEN you can decide HOW to do that!

Many things require no excursion at all....just depends on what you enjoy, and how much info you have on the places you'll visit!

For information on the Bahamas, take some time and have a look at the Ports of Call board for the Bahamas, tons of information there. Better than purchasing any guidebook and it's free.:)

CruiserBruce gave you the link to the general Ports of Call board but this one is specifically for the Bahamas.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58

People take bottled water and soda all the time on Royal Caribbean. There is really no need to take bottled water since there is nothing wrong with the water on ships. You can always take a bottle and refill as needed, saves on all that extra plastic to be thrown away.:)

Pack any valuables in your carry on. There are packing lists if you do a search but they get to be rather ridiculous and overwhelming with some of the things people suggest you need.:D Can't say that I pack any differently for a cruise than I do for any other vacation. The only thing that has come in handy for me is a multiplug since outlets are usually at a premium on ships.

What to do on the ship? You will get a Cruise Compass each night that will have everything that is going on for the next day. Look through it and find what interests you.

HAPPY HONEYMOON!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Each evening you will get a daily program describing what activities there will be the next day and at what time. Look it over and decide what you want to do. You do not have to book any activities that are on the ship -- just show up. Most are free.

You do not need to bring bottled water onto the ship. The water from the taps is better than what we get at home.

I see you found your Roll Call -- sorry that it isn't very active. Some are and people plan and do things together.