B2B on Indy ~ Dec. 1 & 7 ~ My Diary

maxs mom

What a fabulous review! I'm actually sad that it's over...

After reading this I'm starting to think I should do B2B on the Freedom next Fall. I'm just not sure 7 nights is enough.

Thanks again for the detailed review.

-Michael

Awwwww.....you guys are the best!!

Michael....7 nights is definitely not enough for me! I just can't get all the way into relaxation mode in just 7 days. B2B's are the best!

Judi.....it was great meeting you, too. hope to see you on another cruise soon!

Dave.....I would love to do that Explorer cruise....but if it's 85% sold out.....I don't foresee any deals.....and we must have a deal!!!

Luckistac.....Thanks for following along again!

OB......I'm ready to go.....just let me know. you never know.....I might show up on one of your cruises!!

That was a great review Jane and I am so sad now... because this one is really over.

It was the best trip because we made it the best trip!

I don't think you ever explained who we all are and how we met, so I will help out on this.

In December 2007, our group sailed together on the Brilliance through the Panama Canal. We started a year or more in advance on a Cruise Critic board and first met at sail away. We are from varied backgrounds: some retired, some not and some work-a-holics who may never retire. Over the course of the last 6 years we have kept abreast of each other’s lives sharing weddings, funerals, surgeries and general cheer. We know the names of each other’s pets and pretty much how to get in touch with each other on a moment’s notice and not just through Cruise Critic. I would say we are pretty close now.

Some of us cruised together two years ago on the Navigator. Others were still teaching and couldn’t get away. As a result, we planned and planned to make this trip happen. Our closest friends at home question us and ask us how we can go back to the same areas in the Caribbean time after time. I don’t have to explain it to this group. They know and they get it.

I encourage everyone to use the Cruise Boards to meet folks before a cruise and find your travel soul mates. We did and I can’t image traveling without our crew. I know Michael and I (the work-a holics) don’t get to cruise often enough. We live vicariously through our friends. When we cruise, we put all into it as you have read.

Thank you again Jane for being our historian and our dear friend (John too)!

Andrea

Edited by LA Law

Sunday ~ Dec. 15th ~ Fort Lauderdale

We were up around 5:30 this morning and we were already docked. Got some coffee' date=' then got all our stuff together. We had number 4 luggage tags and were to be called off at 7:00. They had the whole breakfast thing set up in the CL, but we didn't eat breakfast on the ship. We were hoping to get off and on the road. We would get breakfast then. It looked like a beautiful day coming up.

DSC02411_zps3deb0339.jpg

DSC02412_zps1bcd806b.jpg

We scurried around to get all our stuff together and make it down to the dining room on deck 4 in time to be called off.

DSC02413_zps8a1a8c16.jpg

DSC02414_zpsac64f189.jpg

We made it down to the dining room and they called our luggage tags at 7:15.....that was pretty good. Grabbing luggage and going through immigration was pretty organized and moved quickly. We had no problems

We walked over to the Park N Go van area where we had help with our ton of luggage. We were in our car and on the road by 8:00. Really great and Park N Go sent us off with a cold bottle of water. Next stop....Brunswick, GA for a night on the road before heading for NC the next day.

What a wonderful two weeks aboard the Independence of the Seas with super friends.....both old and new. Can't wait to do it again!!

As usual....we like to end with a toast to our cruise buddies!! Many of you have become life long friends and are very special to us. So here's to all of you.....and may we meet on another cruise in the near future!!

DSC01805_zpsdbc0de36.jpg

Great review as usual Jane. Please hurry up and book a new cruise so we can enjoy another review.

It sounds like disembarkation was very smooth. When we were on Indy in 2009 for an 8 night, disembarkation was a nightmare with an extremely outdated terminal. We had an early tag but our luggage was scattered between 2 rooms and there were no porters.

Thanks for taking the time to share your cruise with us!!

Edited by SherriZ366

Awwwww.....you guys are the best!!

Michael....7 nights is definitely not enough for me! I just can't get all the way into relaxation mode in just 7 days. B2B's are the best!

Judi.....it was great meeting you' date=' too. hope to see you on another cruise soon!

Dave.....I would love to do that Explorer cruise....but if it's 85% sold out.....I don't foresee any deals.....and we must have a deal!!!

Luckistac.....Thanks for following along again!

OB......I'm ready to go.....just let me know. you never know.....I might show up on one of your cruises!![/size']

Thanks for the great review Jane. :) We leave Thur AM to board IOS on Sat. for some B2Bs!!!

We couldn't do just 7 nts again, luckily we have the time to be able to do more.

Will say Hi to Raj for you.

That was a great review Jane and I am so sad now... because this one is really over.

It was the best trip because we made it the best trip!

I don't think you ever explained who we all are and how we met, so I will help out on this.

In December 2007, our group sailed together on the Brilliance through the Panama Canal. We started a year or more in advance on a Cruise Critic board and first met at sail away. We are from varied backgrounds: some retired, some not and some work-a-holics who may never retire. Over the course of the last 6 years we have kept abreast of each other’s lives sharing weddings, funerals, surgeries and general cheer. We know the names of each other’s pets and pretty much how to get in touch with each other on a moment’s notice and not just through Cruise Critic. I would say we are pretty close now.

Some of us cruised together two years ago on the Navigator. Others were still teaching and couldn’t get away. As a result, we planned and planned to make this trip happen. Our closest friends at home question us and ask us how we can go back to the same areas in the Caribbean time after time. I don’t have to explain it to this group. They know and they get it.

I encourage everyone to use the Cruise Boards to meet folks before a cruise and find your travel soul mates. We did and I can’t image traveling without our crew. I know Michael and I (the work-a holics) don’t get to cruise often enough. We live vicariously through our friends. When we cruise, we put all into it as you have read.

Thank you again Jane for being our historian and our dear friend (John too)!

Andrea

Well said, Andrea! Love you guys! Retire already!!!!! I'm going to keep bugging you, so think about it!

Thanks for the great review Jane. :) We leave Thur AM to board IOS on Sat. for some B2Bs!!!

We couldn't do just 7 nts again, luckily we have the time to be able to do more.

Will say Hi to Raj for you.

Oh.....I'm so jealous! Y'all have a great time, and be sure to give Raj my love!!

I am sad to see your review and cruise come to an end. Fantastic as usual.

I noticed most of the men in your group were wearing tuxes on formal night. Was that coincidence or planned. Men look great in tuxes. And, I really loved the red bow ties.

Thanks for taking us along.

Yes....we did plan that a little for that second week. Usually when we are by ourselves, we go to specialty restaurants on formal nights and John just wears a dress shirt. He hates to get all dressed up, so he doesn't do that often any more. We go prepared, though, because we often get invited to eat with some officer or another and many times it's on formal night. We just never know.

I think I forgot to mention that every day for these two weeks....someone brought some kind of goodies to our cabin! That was nice, but my goodness.....we were always full from breakfast, lunch, and dinner and could hardly eat any of it. They must have been trying to make up for no Diamonds in December!!DSC01579_zps21c7be2a.jpg

DSC01578_zps7d4d823b.jpg

DSC01577_zpsef11b6f2.jpg

DSC01628_zpscbe598ba.jpg

Excellent review! Thank you so much for all the wonderful pictures. Sailing for our honeymoon on the Indy in February and your pictures have us ready to go now! :)

And don't knock the Epic, guys! As "fuggly" as it may be, it's a great ship, IMO. Lots to see and do and, after all, it is a cruise. :) Then again, my new husband and I got engaged on the Epic, so it holds a special place in our hearts - so much so that we're considering a second cruise on her next January.

For now, though, we're excited to sail the Indy in about a month!

Thanks again for your stellar review. Much appreciated!

Excellent review! Thank you so much for all the wonderful pictures. Sailing for our honeymoon on the Indy in February and your pictures have us ready to go now! :)

And don't knock the Epic, guys! As "fuggly" as it may be, it's a great ship, IMO. Lots to see and do and, after all, it is a cruise. :) Then again, my new husband and I got engaged on the Epic, so it holds a special place in our hearts - so much so that we're considering a second cruise on her next January.

For now, though, we're excited to sail the Indy in about a month!

Thanks again for your stellar review. Much appreciated!

Thank you so much! And congratulations on your upcoming nuptials!! We spent our honeymoon on a cruise 29 years ago and have been cruising ever since. So that is a good choice!!

Edited by max'smom

Thank you!

And I'm sorry......I don't really keep up with that kind of thing. I DO know that the fisherman's platter (lobster) and prime rib were NOT served on the second formal night like it usually is. That is a menu that we like' date=' but it was served the night before, when we went to Giovanni's Table.[/font']

Jane - thank you very much for the wonderful review.:)

We are on the 8 night in March.

For all those interested, I matched up what you ordered in the MDR, with the 7-day menus, and other context clues, and I have a best guess at the order (assuming it stays the same from cruise to cruise):

MOJO

SAFFRAN

BASIL

"8th Menu"

PIMIENTO

SHIITAKE

JASMINE

POMODORO

Thanks again,

Brad